“Excellent Choices”

Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were so glad to find Rachels open as it is early in the tourist season on PEI. There were many excellent choices on the menu and the food is very well presented. The wait staff was very helpful and added to the friendly feel of the dining area. We were very glad we dropped in.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I am trying to eat low carb, not easy to do on the "potato" island and in an Italian restaurant. I was really happy I ordered the 1 pound of mussels. They were local and super fresh, the best I've ever had only $10. I had a house salad on the side with a great balsamic vinegar dressing $5. It was perfect. The only annoying thing was an obnoxious couple at the next table who spent the entire meal bickering. Not the fault of the restaurant but I was tempted to ask to be moved to a different table.

1  Thank Challs1
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My vegetables were phenomenal. I had roasted red potatoes and the green vegetable of the day, which included broccoli, carrots, red peppers, cauliflower. They were cooked perfectly. The service was excellent. Alicia served us well.

However, I was very unimpressed with my entry, lemon peppered haddock. It was the special of the day and I assumed that meant I'd like it. I'm a man that reared leaves any food on his plate. "I keep listening to my Momma say, think of all the starving children in Africa!" But this time I did leave food on the plate.

2  Thank William L
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We have eaten here several times,as it is near our summer home in PEi. The presentation is in general acceptable. The one major frustration is that you cannot get a reservation. However,the setting is pleasant and it is in a good location to serve visitors to Cavendish area.

1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed October 10, 2013

With not many options of places to eat as we make our way around PEI at the end of the season, we were happy to find a restaurant close to where we stayed that had good food and good service and was still open! The lobster bisque was creamy and very tasty, and I was glad to see sweet potato fries as a side to my yummy fish cakes.

1  Thank SusanStearns