Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $410.41
from $455.05
from $537.79
1,563 results
All reviews gift shop haunted wood lucy maud montgomery walking trails bucket list old house prince edward island off season great visit books author fan grounds home site pei property
Selected filters
Reviewed October 9, 2019

We stopped to view this lovely location while on holiday in PEI. The history of the author, Lucy Maude Montgomery is fully explored and explained at the site and it was so nice to see the site where she grew up and gives insights into her life. A quiet, well-preserved location that makes you fall in love with the area like she did. The well preserved buildings and visitor's center are great. It's a glimpse into the past and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Now I need to go back into my childhood and read the "Anne" books again.....

1  Thank Roberta M
Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

I am not sure what we expected, but it fell flat. I am a lover of the books, and stories but this feels like a government run, money grab.
An older house that is much roped off and staff pushing you through, there is very little to see here. A young girl dressed as Anne walking around the barn area, but seemed very disinterested in interacting with people.

A very modern cafe, that the only homage was the raspberry cordial, we had the classic beaver tails for lunch.
The most enjoyable part of the visit, was the brief walk down lovers lane (which we gotten eaten alive lol, so take bug spray!) & the live local music.

Date of experience: August 2019
2  Thank Moosemama22
Reviewed October 7, 2019 via mobile

Had a couple of hours to spend here and sure learned a lot more about L.M. Montgomery than I imagined. The Anne of Green Gables series was great reading when I was a girl. Later my daughter wanted me to read them to her so I enjoyed from a completely different perspective. In real life Rd his farm house was home to cousins of Montgomery's grandfather. It was the basis of Anne's Green Gables. It has been lovingly restored. The grounds are beautiful and there are several interactive exhibits in the barn and in other buildings on the property. We walked a ways through the Haunted Wood Trail, but due to damage from hurricane Dorian the previous week, lovers lane was still closed.

I'd always hoped to see Green Gables and it was a long time in coming, but so worth it. Even my husband who never read the stories or saw the movie version found it interesting, as apparently did several others' whose comments I overheard. A brief orientation film was very helpful for him, even though we saw that after seeing the house.

The gift shop has everything "Anne" imaginable and had a line of at least 30 people waiting to check out.

The property is now part of Parks Canada.

Reviewed October 4, 2019 via mobile

This is a must for Anne of Green Gables fans. Toured the delightful house that inspired the books, saw the beautiful garden and looked around the museum that has lots of very interesting information about LM Montgomery. There’s also a good cafe on site which serves Beaver Tails - delicious! I had never heard of these before.

Reviewed October 3, 2019

I've read the Anne of Green Gables books but honestly was not as impressed as I thought I'd be. We came on a tour from a cruise ship; happened to pick a lull and didn't have to wait long to get in the house. My mother was using a walker and was asked if she could manage the stairs to the second floor. When she replied no, a guide had a book full of pictures of the upstairs so she could see what was there while I saw the upstairs. A nice touch. Interesting for me because it was full of "old" stuff; not necessarily because it was Anne stuff. Short wait at the cafe and I managed to get my empty souvenir bottle of Raspberry cordial home intact.

If you don't know the story of Anne of Green Gables I would probably recommend taking a pass on visiting here.

2  Thank Mary C