“Nice historic site”

City Highlights Bus Tour of Charlottetown
Ranked #2 of 25 things to do in Cavendish
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Home made famous in "Anne of Green Gables" which has been restored to match the descriptions in the books.
Quispamsis, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice historic site”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Nice to see "the house", very clean attraction. We had a fun hike on the well kept trails. Great way to step back in time.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Almost a Theme Park”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

To start this off... I know this is one of the biggest books in Canadian history and the historic importance.

Because this is such a tourist attraction they have really ripped a lot of the soul out of it. There is a couple trails which are just average and could have done more to make it more informative if you never made the tour. The house has been done up to mimic the times. However, when I was there it was so packed they should have had some conga music to move through the house.

Add a cafe in one of the old farmhouses... a souvenir store.... golf course actually runs around this spot which a trail crosses. Hence it has a theme park feel to me rather than historical feel.

If you are going to go... you must take the guided tour. If not, it is nowhere near worthy of your money (which is in addition to the national park pass which is disappointing and a money grab to me (family with two kids would be $24 for entry)).

5 Thank Edward M
Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“All about Anne”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

A quaint little place, really replicates what is in the books. The walks are nice, although not sure how good anne was at golf! You can use your national parks pass to get in.

Mt. Bethel, PA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“friends vacation”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

If you're an Ann of Green Gables fan, this is the place for us, if not, you will be one by the time you leave

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Connie S
San Joaquin, California
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Visit house made to look like Anne's!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the house that was made to look like the house of Anne of Green Gables, a fictional character created by L.M. Montgomery. Visiting this house brings the story to life for you. The house belonged to the author's cousins, and she did visit there. The Anne books were based on this site, so it's a great place to see what Montgomery describes in her books. There is a nice place to walk on Lover's Lane that looks like it could take a while. This was my 2nd visit to this site, but on my 1st visit I did go down the Lover's Lane path and got some beautiful pictures. There's a little stream, and everything is so green. It's a beautiful spot.

Before you go to the house, you can see a short video about Montgomery. There is a little bakery at the farm where you can get such things as scones and raspberry cordial. I believe there was ice cream there too. There is an excellent gift shop there. On my first visit here I saw the gift shop last and there were lines of people paying for things. I was worried about getting back on our tour bus. This time I bought what I wanted first and then went to see the house, etc. This worked much better.

Tours never spend enough time here. I think we had 50-55 minutes. I could have used a couple of hours. I still want to finish exploring the paths! I guess that will be on another trip.

My 88-year-old mom didn't want to climb the stairs to see the top floor, so one of the workers showed her pictures of what was up there. That was nice.

Overall, a fun place to visit for Anne fans!

1 Thank cruisinkat