All reviews bedroom cottage fire pit spent nights green gables home away from home family vacation bath play pool dvd community pei attractions kids roomy laundry games
Reviewed September 17, 2017

spent 2 nights at Hidden Acres, 4 couples, -2 cabins. clean cabins. good spot, everything that were needed was on hand would have like to have had propane fireplace working but that was minor. liked the idea of two bathrooms, in cabin.

close to all attractions. a little difficult to understand management.language.

Room Tip: based on our experience, all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

My family and another family booked 2 cottages for 3 nights, I put the deposit for both on my credit card. Unfortunately my son became very sick the week we were leaving and my family had to cancel but our friends still went. When I canceled the one cottage they were not friendly or understanding. When our friends checked out the lady at the front desk tried to charge them the full amount even though I put 25% down on both cottages, ($156.50 each cottage). He argued with them but they wouldn't change, I emailed my friend the confirmation where it showed the amount taken and he said he wouldn't pay so they finally agreed. They kept my deposit even though they rented out the cottage I had booked for all 3 nights! The owners or manager are not customer oriented and will rip you off! Watch your bill closely!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2017

Our large family was pleased with Hidden Acres Cottages. They have everything you would need. What I particularly liked about these cottages is that they were set off the main road. Having a child with autism, who can be a flight risk, this setting made me feel he was safer. The setup off the cottages it they circled a large green space, which was equipped play areas for children. This arrangement allowed my son a large area to play and explore, while he was still within eye sight. Unfortunately, our three day had one rainy day. The owners had a large selection of DVDs for guests to borrow, which pleased my daughter, when the weather did not allow her to get outside.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed July 14, 2017

At first it all looked good....then we noticed the negative, thank god it was only a 2 night stay.
The patio railing is about to fall over if you lean on it.
The couch is horribly uncomfortable.
The tv only plays if you sit at the kitchen table, if you walk near it, it turns off for at least 5-10 minutes.
Nails sticking out a couple inches on the steps.
Drapes hung inside window frame letting light in.
Drapes hanging to touch electric heaters.
Then...we noticed the exterior siding used for ceilings inside... must say we had a good long giggle at that though.
Patio and picnic table have barely a stitch of paint left on it.
BBQ propane tank looks like it's about to rust out.
Oh....and it literally took 20 minutes to figure out how to turn on cable to begin with.
Will never stay here again...
Cabin number 3.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere...
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank shavonnejolene
Reviewed June 20, 2017

My wife and I booked our stay at Hidden Acres months ago for our wedding anniversary getaway. This was our first time at this location and we look forward to many more visits in the future. We found our new home away from home. The staff are very friendly and the cottages very clean. We have already decided that next year we will be booking for an entire week and so much look forward to it. Yes I imagine there are those whom can find fault in anything because they choose to look for it. Myself, Hidden Acres is a "hidden gem". Thank you to the staff who work so hard at what they do. See you next year!!! - The Cormiers :)

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple