“Worst location of my life!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cavendish
Cavendish by the Sea
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Really, someone should have this place shut down. We rented the house which they have the guts to call "the 4 bedroom Deluxe". Trust me, no luxe there and we even found some pooh under a bed with a lot of dust. The floors probably never met hot water with soap. A very very poor condition in every way, inside-out! That's why you see pictures taken far away from the place.

Johanne Landry, july 30th

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Johanne L
There are newer reviews for Cavendish by the Sea

Reviewed July 30, 2012

You wouldn't think of going to a website and writing a positive review as much as if you were disappointed and needed a place to let it out. That's what has happened here. The man running this place was so nice and the cabins were very nice as long as you aren't a pompous jerk but I see some of you are. Don't take these people's opinions into consideration, they may have just had some bad luck. The man behind it doesn't deserve this.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Max K
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My wife and I, and our two boy's age 3 and 4 spent two nights at this place. We felt at home, lots of room for the kids to run around safely, plenty of outdoor facilities to play on. Meanwhile the wife and I watched from the deck of our cozy cottage with the BBQ going. BBQ comes included with cottage. We absolutely loved the quiet layed back atmosphere. Thank you Cavendish cottages. We will be back. Hope to stay a full week next time. Joe and Vanessa Halifax, Canada.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I had 2 days to find a cabin for my family of 4 and my brothers family of 3.So I called PEI tourist hotline and booked here.Then read my trip advisor because I was in such a panic that I didnt read about the bad reviews on Cavenish by the Sea first hand.Thank goodness I didnt because I would hate to think that some other person opinion would have ruined the most amazing family time we have ever experienced.What a vacation!!We arrived at the cabin and Kevin the owner greeted us with a big handshake and smile.The smell of saltwater hit our face when arrived and the kids, ages 7,6 and 3 , as well as us, took full advantage of the playground in the middle of the lot....sat and watched the kids all play, great stuff to keep them entertained.
Now the cabins.They are cabins by the beach.So when the cousins ran from one to another with sand and whatever other kind of crap they were playing with and ran inside and out and inside and out, well anyone who is a parent tries to keep thier kids civilized of course.But here it is a family area and thier is no pressure. The cabins are clean, and remind me of coming over on the ferry in the 80s as a kid and staying with my parents.Easy going and laid back. Not fancy and be careful.
It is a cottage by the beach and I will go back annually as long as my kids will still want to hang out with me.If you have kids newborn up to 12, this is the place.You as parents can rest while they run wild in the playground.It can be done.I just did it and have a 7 year old austistic girl and a 3 year old that is , lets say healthy.
I am so glad I did not read the terrible review first.
Love Cavendish by the Sea

Room Tip: Go closer to the fire pit...everynight Kevin puts on a huge fire and its a good time
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Beth B
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We have just come back from another great weekend at Cavendish by the Sea. We found this place 7 years ago after staying at other cottages in the Cavendish area. And yes those other cottages were newer and and fancier, but Cavendish by the Sea is as close to the beach as you can get, which is the reason we go back year after year.
The owners are very friendly and very helpful and they don't mind if you bring your pets!
If you like luxury, this is not the place for you. But if you want an affordable, comfortable, "2min walk to the beach instead of looking at the distant water" kind of place, this is for you!

Going back next year!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We drove up and said to ourselves "there is no way this could be it". The cottages are in all stages of disrepair, the roofs were rotting the paint is peeling and the windows leak. We toured three of thier cottages and left without staying in any of them. We had some water issues in the second cottage we viewed and the owner Diane sent a her 8 year old daughter to deal with them and never did come to see what we were compaining about. Even though we did not stay even one night they charged us for one nights accommodation because we had booked for three nights through PEI tourism. The fridge in the first cottage had a rusty door, the second had leaky windows and the third smelled of urine and smoke. I would not recommend this location to anyone. I have logged a complaint with PEI tourism about how we were treated and the state of the accommodations. Avoid this locaiton it does not look like it does on the web site, must be old pictures. Diane Godin was very rude to us and even threated to call the RCMP because we asked for a refund. Do not book these cottages.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
10  Thank JandM96
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I would question the legitimacy of the most recent reviews. On arriving, we were thoroughly disappointed by the look of the cottages, but we decided to give it a whirl. The insides of the cottages were disgusting. The sheets were not fresh, the room smelled of must/mould, and the furnishings were straight out of the 70s. There's quaint and then there's gross - this was the latter. My advice to everyone is to book well in advance and go somewhere else. There is a reason this place has vacancy.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family