“Great place to stay!!”
Review of Bay Vista Motel

Bay Vista Motel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Cavendish
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I admit I am picky when it comes to places I stay so I was reluctant given it was a motel. I was very impressed with Bay Vista. We just recently stayed here for 4 nights. The staff were very pleasant, eager to help make your stay enjoyable. The rooms were immaculate! The bathroom, spotless! The beds were comfortable, there was a nice sized mini fridge and satellite tv. We did not hear any noise from the adjoining units and the motel had no vacancy for the duration of our time there.The grounds had BBQ's that you could use at your convenience, the motel even loaned out the utensils for it. The kids enjoyed the outdoor pool. It was a decent size and more importantly the water was warm. Bay Vista is located approximately 2 mins drive from Cavendish, so it was a perfect choice. It overlooks Hope river and it is very quiet there. I would definitely stay here again! We had a family friend come to visit us for the afternoon and she was very impressed with it as well and said she would be recommending it to her friends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 14, 2012

We spent one night at the Bay Vista while doing a whirl wind tour of PEI. We picked the motel based on other Trip Advisor reviews. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We made use of the pool and the volleyballs and soccer balls. The motel is close to Cavendish Beach and everything else in Cavendish. The young lady at the check-in was very helpful in providing recommendations on places to eat and directions to the beach. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was excellent. My only negative comment would be that the air conditioner was kind of loud.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I admit I was skeptical when I first arrived at the Bay Vista. I had never stayed at a true motel before and I was worried about being at street level. I'm happy to admit how wrong I was. The rooms are clean and modern, and the location is beautiful looking out over the Raspberry Point Oyster Farm. The location is also incredibly convenient to all of the Cavendish sights - Green Gables, Avonlea Village, the Boardwalk, the beach, and many restaurants. The staff were friendly and helpful, although I may have raised a few eyebrows nipping across the parking lot every morning in my pajamas to take coffee back to my room. Overall a great location and a great value. If you're coming from the US, for some reason the street adress wasn't recognized on my Garmin GPS unit. Bring a map, or print directions before you leave.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Our family really enjoyed our 3 night stay at Bay Vista in July 2012. It has to be among the best value for your money in PEI. The majority of the facility consists of motel style rooms where you can park in front of your room... but the rooms are very clean & modern. The grounds consist of many activities for the kids, swings, shuffleboard, basketball, etc and overlook beautiful New London Bay.. But the the #1 amenity for my daughter was the very nice heated pool. She couldn't get enough of it... there is a breakfast included in a room overlooking the pool... bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. Very nice... and the staff/owners are very friendly & hospitible.. another great point is location... literally down the road (maybe 2km) from the main "Cavendish Strip" where all the amusement parks, restaurants & shops are located... and of course Cavendish beach. Absolutely phenomenal facilty.. highly recommended & will be our destination point for any future PEI vacations!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leafs_Country
Reviewed July 29, 2012

just returned from our favorite vacation place.PEI!!!
We stayed at the Bay vVsta Motel and Cottages. We had stayed here in the past but the last time was about 21 years ago and while they have update the place it still has the good old fashion hospitality.....we love it here..
First two nights we had one of the 2 house keeping cottages but it was already rented for the third nite so the put us in the suite over the breakfast room.Well thank you!!Very nice and modern.
The house keeping units has a small two burner stove with a fridge.It was well equiped with dishes pots etc.We also had a bbq on the deck and our own picnic table...the don't allow you to cook or eat seafood in the rooms so be prepared to enjoy the beautiful view while you eat your lobster outside....
Our firends had a motel unit and just like the cottages and the suite it was very clean and well stocked.
The staff here is number 1.Very friendly and helpful.
If you book into the motel unit just go to the office and they will set you up with anything you need to BBQ at one of the 3-4 sites set up around the playground /pool area.
They have free breakfast in the morning with cereals, fruit, bagles/toast and oatmeal....

You won't go wrong by choosing to stay here....

Room Tip: book in advance....they fill up everynite....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kitten50
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I and our three children stayed at the Bay Vista July 20-22 and I will book this motel again for every trip to the island that I take with my family from now on!! First, the rate was great, especially for the high season. Second, our room was sooooo clean and cozy. We stayed in room #9 which is one of the rooms that had been recently updated. The beds were very comfy and the bathroom was extremely clean. I loved that there were chairs for lounging on the deck outside of our room and that they overlooked the huge lawn where the kids could play! In the play area there are swings, a playhouse, tether ball and a bin with frizbee's, soccer and basketballs and other outdoor appropriate toys. My husband and son thoroughly enjoyed playing frizbee!! The pool was great too although we only used it once since we were beach bums for the weekend (and the motel is close to many beaches). I think that my favorite part of the stay was breakfast! Oatmeal, cereal, toast (jam and peanut butter were available), fruit salad, coffee (seriously, who turns down free coffee) tea, juice, milk and juice! The first morning we ate our breakfast outside in the gazebo and it was just lovely. The second morning we ate in the breakfast nook which was cozy and felt like we were starting the day with extended family. I truly have never felt so at home in a motel (or hotel, or inn, or b&b etc). Typically when we travel we spend the majority of our trip exploring the area, driving, shopping, and this time we actually spent quite a bit of time at the motel because it was so laid back and comfortable. Best stay ever!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights. The girl at the front desk was knowledgable about the area and very friendly. The pool was great for when ur was too windy for the beach. Our room was just the right size and fit us perfectly. The only downside which can't be helped is the constant people walking along the boardwalk by the door. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cavendish
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages
#1 of 2 in Brackley Beach
Resort at Cavendish Corner
Resort at Cavendish Corner
#5 of 8 in Cavendish

Been to Bay Vista Motel? Share your experiences!