“A savory vacation for your taste buds!!!!”
Review of Cape Light Restaurant - CLOSED

Cape Light Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Chef was written up in local magazine "Occasions PEI"s Celebration of Food & Drink" on page 29 www.occasionsmagazine.ca
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is by far the best restaurant in Canada!! From living in multiply cities across Canada this one tops it all!! The food is Devine, atmosphere is elegant and the service is exceptional! The ribs are so tender you can eat them with a spoon! My husband had the pan fried haddock which is a local favorite and now he knows why and found it to be extrodinary flavourable! Even the veggies are severd perfect! Al donta tossed in garlic butter! This is a must see and experience for every Islander and tourist! Cheers to the exhibition of flavor!!!! Well done Chef!!!

There are newer reviews for Cape Light Restaurant

Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I had an enjoyable dinner. The food was good. Service great! Atmosphere great! They also have WiFi and a nice Pub in addition to the main Dinning room. Try the buffet on Friday and Saturdays.

1  Thank nole38
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were looking forward to a great night out with friends and were told this was the place to have it. It started out very nice, then we had to wait and wait for our appetizers, and then wait some more for drinks. I forgot to mention that we had two small children with us and it wasn't that busy. Had to speak to the Chef after an hour wait for our main course.
Long story short, the food was great but the service was poor. Not sure if i'd go back.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Wow! What a disappointment. The food was horrible and the service was remedial at best. I ordered short ribs. I knew that they were sold out before the server returned to tell me as the chef yelled " we are out of port for the reduction ~ push the chicken n' ribs (tonight's special)". We were sitting on the other side of the restaurant and heard this coming from the kitchen. My dinner partner ordered the prime rib steak which was overcooked and tough. My shrimp cocktail was terrible. The shrimp were warm (yuck!!!) and did not come on ice and lemon as described on the menu. Just a total disappointment. Do not eat here. On a positive note: the view is nice.

3  Thank Katy B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had two wonderful meals at Cape Light. The view is wonderful, overlooking the water in Cardigan and you can choose to eat outside on the patio, or inside - either way, you have a great seat to watch the small boats sail by. There are two menus to choose from - one with more casual pub fare and the other with more unique, seafood choices. Neither will disappoint! My husband and I had the mussels, steamed in a wonderful white wine base, with bits of garlic, leeks, tiny tomatoes and fresh grown thyme. The lobster cakes were topped with a homemade pickle chutney that really should be available for purchase - it was great!! The seafood linguini was full of fresh seafood and fresh herbs, and the sauce was creamy, but not too cloying. The kids had onion rings (thick, hand cut, with a homemade batter!), chicken wings (big, crisp and properly sauced!) and "grilled" ceasar salad - yum!! Please save room for dessert - we had the carrot cake (yum), the lemon tarts (real lemon curd!!) and the caramel almond flan (granny would kill for it!) Finally we had a menu that suited us and the kids (and granny too) and didnt break the bank! Thanks to Tammy and Julie who did a great job with service! We can't wait til next year!