“One of my favorites on PEI”

The Dunes Studio Gallery and Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Charlottetown, Canada
“One of my favorites on PEI”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The Dunes has become one of my favorite restaurants on PEI. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, yet the servers are always very friendly and attentive. While some may find the menu is on the small side, the food is outstanding. I've been there many times before and I have never been disappointed. The food is always fresh, and is often garnished with edible flowers. The portion sizes are usually spot on (with the exception of lobster pad thai, which I have never seen anyone finish).
Overall, I love this restaurant. I decided to write this review today after I drove by the restaurant and wished it was open in December!

• Visited October 2012

Prince Edward Island, Canada
“Facinating place to browse and visit, and marvelous food”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stopped in at the Dunes with a couple of girlfriends and could not have had a nicer outing. The food was interesting, innovative and fresh. The service was excellent.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carol R
Bloomingdale, New York
“Unique and delicious dining experience.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

As it was a rainy day the Cafe was extremely busy during lunchtime so we had a lengthy wait of more than 3/4 hour; however the highly interesting gallery, store and gardens made the wait-time go by easily (we even re-visited the store and made some purchases after eating). The food was as excellent as other reviewers have said. My wife had the "liberation" burger (eggplant) and I had the lamb and feta burger. Both came with a fresh mesclun salad with excellent dressing. We both also had their special "rhubarb-a-rita" drink which was quite refreshing and delicious. We shared a very satisfying 3-berry pudding for dessert. Highly recommended as a unique dining experience.

• Visited July 2012
Ottawa
“A latte outside of Charlottetown!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Highly recommended by some friends from Nova Scotia, we had planned to stop in for a meal. Our timing didn't work out that way, but we did stop in to pick up a latte, and it was excellent. The outdoor gardens are quite nice, and the gallery is also very nice to visit. Worth a stop for sure.

• Visited July 2012
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“A fabulous restaurant”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Menu, food quality, preparation, appearance, and service were all excellent. Arrive early to allow time to browse the art shop.

• Visited September 2012