“Fun little place to visit” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Great Canadian Soap Company

The Great Canadian Soap Company
More attraction details
Owner description: THE GREAT CANADIAN SOAP CO. Canada's largest handmade goat's milk soap producer. Featured on CTV's Canada AM. Pamper yourself with 100% natural soaps, creams, butters, shampoo bars, liquid soaps/gels, shaving cakes, lip balms, oils, lotions, salts, scrubs, masques. Everything handmade on-site. Knowledgeable, friendly staff. Family owned/operated farm since 2000. OLDFIELD'S DAIRY BAR (located on same property as soap shop) Rediscover Farm-to-Table freshness. Enjoy PEI's original goat milk ice cream (available in July & August only) in French Vanilla, Belgian Chocolate, Canadian Maple flavours (some homemade cow milk ice cream flavours available as well). Royal Winter Fair "Award Winning" Feta (2nd), Cream Cheese (3rd). Goat milk fudge (available in July & August only). Bottled milk. Milk pasteurized in licenced dairy on our family owned/operated farm.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Waynesville, North Carolina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun little place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a really neat operation. You can feel the passion in the employees with their commitment to producing the finest soaps and products from the goats milk there on the farm.

Goats are treated like royalty!

Thanks for sharing your passion with our family.

Sydney, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great place, a highlight of our travels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wonderful friendly people, soaps and lotions are fantastic. Please take the time to watch the short video. It will give you a background of the ownership of the property and the family run business, and what is an what is not really soap I bet you will be surprised. Enjoyed this shop and was glad we took the time to stop in. Great little lemonade stand next to the shop with delicious lemonade! Have been using the soaps since getting back and the whole family are delighted with the products.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Magical!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Most amazing place! Our son loves Houdini and visits him every year. The products really work wonders. The Shea butter is the best skin care treatment, and the animals are always happy & clearly adored!!!

Halifax, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What a Delightful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

As a summer resident of Stanhope PEI (10 km away from this attraction), I have passed by The Great Canadian Soap Company many times. Finally, last year, I went in. It is so much more than soap - though the soap is wonderful. I am now a full convert. I use their Lavender and Rosemary soaps all the time and love the various shea butters and oils. As someone who is sensitive to many skin products, I have been delighted to find I have no problems with any of this company's line. This makes sense, because they are all natural.

And the goats in the pens outside are sweet.

I highly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2012
Lower Sackville, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Lovely place to visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I love this place. We're spending most of this summer on PEI and pop in here whenever we're passing. Usually it's just so I can go and pet the goats and my wife loves the products here, they're of a fantastic quality and are all naturally made with no nasty chemicals so that's good too.

However, it's the goats that are the best thing about it in my opinion.

Visited June 2013