“Relax and remember to put on your spa housecoat for dinner.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zephyr
HighFields Country Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Zephyr B&B and Inns
Georgina, Canada
“Relax and remember to put on your spa housecoat for dinner.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Great place to allow yourself to be pampered. Norma, Lisa and the two pups are friendly and will take care of you. The food is excellent and the coffee is freshly ground. Love the massage, mud wrap and pedicure ... Aaaah ...

• Stayed October 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I bought a 1 night mother daughter package for my mother's birthday at the Inn and I'm so glad I found this gem. Less than an hour drive from the city, but it feels like you're in another country entirely. The location is great, very peaceful and quiet; you can't help but take it all in and relax. The house has a country rustic feel to it and is very well decorated.The suite was very clean and spacious, with a kind size bed and a jacuzzi. Our package included a facial and a massage, 1 hour each. Lisa and Jill were very friendly and accommodating, and great at their job. The heating pads on the treatment tables are a nice touch as well. I wish we were there for 2 nights to take advantage of all the amenities. The Inn has a heated pool, an outdoor jacuzzi, tennis courts, lounge chairs, sauna..you name it. Next time :) As mentioned in previous posts, the breakfast prepared by Norma is amazing. Everything was delicious, well presented and definitely did not leave you hungry. After taking a walk in the area and petting some horses, we had to head home unfortunately.

My mother's final words before leaving: "Now I know what to tell your dad to get me for any occassion.". That should say it all.

Norma is a great host and we hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Boy did my husband earn some MAJOR brownie points surprising me by booking a 2 night anniversary get away at HighFields Inn.

The tone for the weekend was set with couples facial and massage - 2 hours of blissful relaxation at the professional hands of Jill and Lisa. The warmed beds, soft sheets and blankets served to calm our harried nerves immediately on contact.

Norma's tour of the upstairs spa rooms and treatments and Lisa's tour of the saunas, other treatments rooms, gym, kitchen, large living room make it abundantly clear that their guests are at the forefront of their decisions in setting up and managing the areas. The treatments rooms are extremely large .

They say it's all about the "little things" and while the big things were certainly covered, it was Lisa's thoughtfulness in pointing out a spare raincoat and giving me rubber boots for hiking, as well as preheating the sauna for us Saturday morning, that went a long way to impress and made us feel truly appreciated as guests. She picked up on our desire to go hiking, and that we were excited at their traditional sauna. This kind of service really,really made us feel great.

Like mother like daughter, Norma went out of her way to make sure the gazebo was ready for us to have our lunch in, because she knew we brought up some goodies to eat for lunch. Norma and Lisa are both very warm and welcoming people, and clearly like people as they are so easy and pleasant to talk to.

The room (Honeymoon Suite) was very spacious, spotless and comfortable. Huge bathroom with very large Jacuzzi. Well stocked DVD drawer in the room but never got around to watching anything!

Oh, and if you are a clean freak - this place is for you!!!

Lots of places to sit outside, very comfortable (not cheap!) outdoor furniture. Warm, clean pool and hottub.

The Food - OMG. If you are getting a package that includes breakfast and dinner, bring clothes with room to grow. Norma's cooking is divine and a real experience. She has a real knack for presentation and timing and we enjoyed every delectable bite.

You can tell that the design of the menus and how she serves is with the sole intention of giving her guests a truly memorable, gastronomic adventure. We have been to B & B's and Inn's with very good food before but what we appreciated with Norma that while she is an excellent cook, she is not boastful or showy, which has been a bit of a turnoff to us in the past in other establishments. This is a testament to her clear intention that everything is about her guests.

Thank you Lisa for providing an excellent array of music for Saturday's dinner! And for the candle lights put outside our door Friday night and written instructions on where to find a flashlight should the power go out from an oncoming thunder storm. It's the country - power outages can happen - but we appreciated the forethought for the lights.

The property is georgeous and if you like to hike / walk, birdwatch, gaze at horses, this is the place for you. Beautiful trails through the fields and forest.

If I had to distill it down into a few short words (hard for me, as you can tell...haha), I'd have to say we felt doted on, but not intrusively so.

It's like Lisa and Norma have a 6th sense on what would make their guests happy.

We are looking forward to going back in the winter for some more pampering, food, and snow shoeing!

Thank you Norma, Lisa and Jill for an extremely memorable experience. And my husband couldn't be happier that he did such a good job finding you and booking! :-)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Uxbridge, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I visited the Inn because I love Uxbridge, and have been to a few of the Spas in Uxbridge. The owner was friendly and knowledgeable, but her prices are rediculous. $80.00 for a pedicure. Give me a break!!! In town I was able to get an excellent pedicure for 45.00.
The spa is in the basement, so you don't have any natural light coming in, very dark and depressing. I also had a massage, which was OK, The place is very dated, and needs some desperate up dating.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisa B
highfields1, Owner at HighFields Country Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for your posting on February 15th as regards your day visit to the spa last May. We regret that you find our prices ridiculously high, but we are happy for you that you found another spa that you enjoy nearby, at a more affordable price.

You mentioned that the place was very dated and needs some desperate up-dating. You were correct and we have recently redecorated and I'm sure if you get the chance to take a tour, you would be surprised just how nice it now looks.

I appreciate that you found me to be friendly and knowledgeable and you are welcome to call and come for a tour. All the best, Norma
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

I surpised my husband for our anniversary and it was the best surpise for us both. Norma was a wonderful delight, she is a warm and welcoming person. We loved our never ending food, made with all her love and attention. It is a beautiful get away thats not to far away. You have to experience this hidden treasure. Thank you Katie and Jim cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: honeymoon suite you have ur own entrance
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Katie and Jim:
Sorry I missed your lovely testimonial on Trip Advisor. Will we see you for your 11th anniversary this August?

Hope all is well and thanks again for taking the time to write a lovely review.

Best, Norma
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Its always a warm and wonderful time at Norma's.I think that there is no-one really like her as being so talanted and really qeniune.Lisa is great as well and they are in stride together.As we all know that when people are in the right place,magic happens.Every visit a special experience,as Norma's discovered something new she loves to share.You must exprience her divine culinary skills after a day at the spa.We all need a home away from home with all that one could ever want for.Sincerly Barbie

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Barbie:
So sorry I missed your lovely review which you sent to Trip Advisor last June.

Obviously I'm more hands on in the kitchen and spa as opposed to the computer.

Thanks again and hope to see you back at HighFields in the near future.

Best, Norma
Stouffville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Last Thursday I had the pleasure of visiting Highfields Spa to have the Seaflora Hydrotherapy and Wrap and a facial using Eminence's new natural retinol products. Norma is such a gracious and warm lady who makes you feel so welcome and special. After 3 1/2 hours of bliss I left this idyllic spa with my face glowing and my body as soft as silk. Thank you Norma, I will definitely be back to see you soon.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zephyr
The Briars
Newmarket Inn
#3 of 4 in Newmarket
Best Western Voyageur Place Hotel
No photo provided

Been to HighFields Country Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!