“It's really like having your own home and your own chef.”

Moonlight on the Lake B&B
Ranked #9 of 12 Wellington B&B and Inns
Ottawa
“It's really like having your own home and your own chef.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

More modern than what I think of as a B&B. So often they're in an old Victorian or similar style home and they're right downtown. Not this one. Heated floors!!! NICE. Quiet, peaceful, beautiful setting...this is book reading country!!! The house is Ranch style with the lower area nicely converted into the guest space. As others have said, the breakfasts are top notch. I'm a sucker for waffles with fruit and maple syrup.
If you're going to this area for a vacation then you won't regret staying here. It's a great "base" spot to locate yourself for a Prince Edward County wine run. Have fun!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Pesterer
moonlightbb, Owner at Moonlight on the Lake B&B, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you! You have captured the essence of our place in your perfect description. And yes, since we are open year round, the heated floors are most welcomed at this time of the year. It was also appreciated that you made the effort of finding our b&b website and called us directly. It's so much nicer when we can talk to our guests and get to know them before they check in.
We wish you and your family the best of holidays. Merry Christmas!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend a couple of evenings at this lovely B&B this weekend with another couple and can't say enough good things about the hospitality (among many other things) that we received. Suzanne, one of the B&B owners, provided the most amazing local food for breakfast (my brother even bought a couple of tourtieres to go!) and Suzanne and Andre were able to provide some incredible knowledge of everything, wineries especially, in the area. There is nowhere better to stay if you're looking for a great (in the summer, must be spectacular) location, great breakfast, great wine/food tasting information with wonderful hosts, you have to go here. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
moonlightbb, Owner at Moonlight on the Lake B&B, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Very happy you all enjoyed your stay and touring our beautiful Prince Edward County. I had as much fun as you, seeing all my favorite haunts and never tire of it. Thank you for the beautiful compliment and I look forward seeing you again. All the best for the holidays! Suzanne
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This B&B is fabulous. We went there with friends for some wine tours and a concert. Although the location is somewhat out of the way, it is worth the extra effort. The rooms are in the downstairs and very private. They are very comfortable and clean. The best of the stay is the breakfast. Will definately return next year.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the accolades and I look forward to see you all again next year. Happy holidays...and say hello to Nate and Dan for me!
Beloeil, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Suzanne and André are perfectly bilinguals, the house is very perfectly located. Everything that we eated tasted like heaven (better than many restaurants !) Suzanne gave us many tips to visit the region. The room was nice and clean. It was a very nice experience. We recomended this B.and B. without any doubts. If someone complains they certainly do not knows anything about good manners.
Sandbanks is not only the beaches, it is people kindness, great meals at this B.and B. Great landscapes and outstanding wienries.

Room Tip: Both rooms are nice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
moonlightbb, Owner at Moonlight on the Lake B&B, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you Alain et Manon for your wonderful praise. Your words are a real moral booster, after a very busy and gorgeous summer.I am now ready for the new wave of guests that fall in Prince Edward County brings. I wish you a good return to your routine and hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.
Suzanne
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We loved the place. We stayed there overnight and really enjoyed the experience. It is close to the town however not too close: you have an amazing unobstructed view of the lake just for you and at the same time you can reach the town in just a few minutes. The owners are very friendly and accommodating, I really have no idea what "Burluan" are talking about. The place is very clean and immaculately decorated. We were at Picasso room that is on the second floor, cute and smaller one. I booked on the shortest notice so we really had no choice. Since I'm 6'3 I think it would make sense for the next time to book a room on the ground floor as they are bigger. Bathroom is huge, clean and beautiful. I wish I had time to take jacuzzi. Breakfast is tasty and nutritious. We enjoyed little chat with other guests. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank alanbel
moonlightbb, Owner at Moonlight on the Lake B&B, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much. I am very appreciative and love how you describe our place so well, but mostly, thanks for squishing your tallness in the smaller room. Next time, the Monet room is definitely the room for you. Looking forward to seeing you both soon. Suzanne
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

I cannot believe that people did not like your place...What kind of people are they? I would really like to meet them so they can make me understand... What a surprise... It is good to see that everybody else think like my husband and I concerning your B&B.

You are so welcoming the minute we arrive. It's so fantastic that you are our personal on site guide of the area. Because of you, we have made many great discoveries. And the breakfasts!!! our own chef using local products, either from your garden or from close by.
Home made breads and jams... Let's not forget the beautiful grounds, the amazing view and the spotless accomodations.

Thank you very much, Suzanne and André. I recommend your place to everyone.

From a girl who spends 100 plus days a year in hotels, motels and Bed and Breakfasts...you will always be in my favorites! Monique

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tremblay M
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Moonlight on the Lake while in Prince Edward County for a wedding. We chose to stay there owing to some favourable reviews found on another site, and definitely weren't disappointed. It is a large house looking directly onto Lake Ontario that owners Suzanne and Andre have converted into a B&B, with two rooms occupying the lower floor (complete with kitchen and living area) and one upstairs where breakfast is served. They used to own a restaurant in Ottawa, and it really shows. The hospitality was outstanding and the food was delicious. It is a little out of town, which should be considered if you aren't keen on driving everywhere, but otherwise is comfortable and charming, and you are definitely made to feel welcome. Suzanne even drove us to the wedding venue when she found out that we weren't on the oganised bus route! Room rates are also reasonable for the area - we paid CAD140 per night for our room with private bath, and guests have access to a pass for all the local beaches (which otherwise cost ~CAD20 per day).

I would absolutely recommend Moonlight on the Lake for couples and families looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Rachel,
Thank you for the kind words. I am happy you got to relax a bit in our beautiful PEC and that your team won that soccer match. Congrats. on the soccer olympic medal also. What a great game between Canada/USA! Take both care, Suzanne
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellington
The Waring House
#3 of 12 in Wellington
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
Isaiah Tubbs Resort
#5 of 5 in Picton

Been to Moonlight on the Lake B&B? Share your experiences!