“Used to be better but still not too bad”

Yang's Teppanyaki & Sushi
Ranked #355 of 835 Restaurants in Vaughan
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have eaten, with a group, at Yang's 4 times now. The last time I went, I noticed things are not being kept up as much as they should be. The food was still pretty good but not as good as I recall (maybe my tastes have changed). The drink service was slow but the Teppanyaki chef was quick. We always enjoy the show.

There are newer reviews for Yang's Teppanyaki & Sushi

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been to Yang's many times. It's great for takeout, delivery at parties! I actually hosted my mother's surprise birthday party here! The staff were friendly and accommodating. The sushi has always been fresh and tastes exquisite. The Teppanyaki is costly, but very entertaining and delicious too! The atmosphere is a little posh so dress nice!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My family was staying in Vaughan and had planned to get Japanese cuisine/sushi for dinner. I suggested we tried a Teppanyaki restaurant so we could watch the chef cook our food infront of us. When we arrived we were not seated at one of the chefs table so unfortunately we did not get a show with our dinner. We ordered teriyaki chicken, edamame, and avocado sushi rolls. The teriyaki chicken was rubbery and tough making it hard to chew and the flavour was less then pleasing, the avacodo sushi rolls were nothing special but still decent, and the eddame was too expensive for the quantity we received. Overall this restaurant was lacking in taste and a tad expensive, the only thing going for it is the automosphere. Service was decent but not exceptional and they forgot to include the dessert that was supposed to come with out meals. We didn't realize that we hadn't received our desserts until we got back to our hotel.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were really looking forward to our dinner date on a Saturday night based on our past experience. This time around....

Service: Brutal. Forgot most of what we ordered, brought out things we did not order, brought out one drink and forgot the other. Three people coming over to the table and not commnicating with each other.

Atmosphere: other than the giant party in the tepanyaki area, the place was dead. No music. Chefs bored, standing around and staring into space.

Food: So much worse than the last time we visited. Ikura tasted like it had sugar added to it. Everything was very mayonaisy. Giant unnecessary pieces of sashimi. Pork was tough and overcooked. Even the miso soup was bad.

Overall we felt like we had an all you can eat experience with slightly better food at a ridiculous price. This would explain why they are dead on a Saturday night. Sad to see this place decline.

We won't be back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We came in from Tennessee and California for a family trip and decided to eat here for lunch. The food was very tasty and the service was great. Our cook was a pleasure and the kids thoroughly enjoyed eating here. We had a blast! We would defiantly recommend this restaurant!