“Great Place for Entertainment with food”

Yang's Teppanyaki & Sushi
Ranked #256 of 813 Restaurants in Vaughan
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Vaughan, Canada
“Great Place for Entertainment with food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Last minute booking on Fathers Day . We have a great time. Appetizers spicy scalloped sushi and hand roll sushi was amazing. Food was very fresh great quality. I loved the black cod, portions were prefect. The chef was entertaining . Staff was always available . The place is very clean. We were given a lot of extras. I'm very attentive to restaurant service and presentation , this place deserves a lot of credit. We will be back . Thanks for a great evening.

• Visited June 2013

Hamilton, Canada
“Great Sushi Dinner”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a simple dinner after a day at Canadas Wonderland. The photos looked good on Trip Advisor. We weren't let down. The food was fresh and looked delicious. Service was good. A good decision to come. We will come again.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank WheelieDrop
Toronto, Canada
“Fun dinner with friends!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Friends of ours had been before, and took us here with a group of 8. Service was slow, had to wave over a few times to get attention as we were seated at the back. Food was wonderful. We started off with edamame, sashimi and rolls. I had the black cod as the entree, was to die for! Prices seemed a little high for the area, but not bad for Japanese style food. Nice atmosphere. Fun evening! Would go back.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Exotic_Flower21
Calgary
“Big surprise for a strip mall location”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a big hunger for sushi and stuck primarily with that instead of having the teppanyaki and were not disappointed. Very freh and high quality - and a pretty reasonable price. Judging from the excitement from the far side of the restaurant, teppanyaki here would be entertaining and good food.

Visited November 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Good food but horrible service”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Visited the restaurant after shopping at Vaughn Mills. It seemed like a real decent spot as soon as we walked in - decor was nice, patrons at the Teppanyaki seemed to be having a great time which generated a lot of positive energy, the certificate of Kobe beef at the waiting area certainly caught my attention.

The food quality was excellent - we ordered a foie gras set dinner, sushi & sashimi dinner and a chicken udon for our children. I'm delighted to see that the sushi & sashimi has 4 to 5 different kinds of fish (a lot of the restaurants would serve majority salmon on chef's special). The foie gras dinner offers a duck breast appetizer, main course includes two pieces of foie gras and approx. 4oz sirloin (was done perfectly in medium rare, just as I had ordered) with vegetable medley, dessert is a creme brulee. Overall, the presentation, taste and portion were very good.

Now came the horrible part - the service, or lack thereof. Granted the restaurant was extremely busy, we saw our waiter 3 times before the bill - gave us menus shortly after we sat down, came back with our drinks and took our order, came back to ask me how I would like my steak.

The sushi & sashimi dinner came about 10 minutes after we ordered. The appetizer came about 10 minutes after that, followed by the udon about 10 minutes later. One table setting was still missing at that point and it was the sushi chef behind the counter who noticed us and came by with our cutlery.

20 Minutes I finished the main course, and throughout this time nobody came by to see if how we were doing, the same sushi chef flagged our waiter to come to us. He came by to ask how everything was and whether we needed anything else. At the point, I was a bit annoyed and I told him I believe we were still missing part of our dinners. They neglected to serve us soup and I had to remind him there should be a dessert to go my dinner. Not wanting the sushi chef to go above and beyond his duty (with tongue firmly planted in cheek), I asked him to bring the bill as well when the dessert comes.

It's so unfortunate that this restaurant has so much promise but is ruined by poor management who doesn't seem to have a clue about service. There was a couple of staff not in uniform (managers?) who wandered around all night without doing anything or even noticing the customers' needs. The table next to us arrived before us and no one went to them to take orders until we were half way through our dinner.

For a fine dining restaurant, you would expect a lot more in terms of service. Actually, for any restaurant, that type of service is unacceptable.

• Visited October 2012