“Disappointed”
Review of Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 816 Restaurants in Vaughan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bass Pro Mills and Highway 400 North
Toronto
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went with my family on March 1 2013 for dinner and was disappointed with the whole experience. Me and my son ordered a coke and we had to send it back because it was flat and they had to change the cylinder cause it was finished. When our food came although the steak was cooked the portion was small. I didn't get value for my money. Didn't enjoy my time there and will not be returning.

• Visited March 2013

Maple, Canada
“Doesn't care about bad customer experience”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

To start with, I made a reservation for this past Valentine's Day, on the Wednesday before. I was told at that time, that there would be a 2 hour seating limit, since it will be Valentine's Day. I told her that it wouldn't be a problem, as I hope to spend less that an hour there. Upon arriving, I was told that my reservation was the previous night, Wednesday. In hindsight, I should've checked the email confirmation, which I didn't as I just hung up with the girl, after confirming the reservation verbally. Luckily, the manager was at the front check-in area. She saw how mad I was, and tried to accommodate me. She was able to find a table that was unreserved for the next hour and 15 minutes. Again, I told here that it was more than enough asI didn't want longer than necessary. Ten or fifteen minutes after we were seated, the waiter finally came over. I told him that we are in a rush, as the next reservation for this table was in an hour and a quarter. He responded with "don't worry, they won't through us out", meaning that the next party coming for this table would be waiting. I should have taken that as a sign of what was to come. Even though the waiter knew tht we were in a hurry, it took us almost two and a half hours until I could pay the bill and get out. the service we received was atrocious. As we passed the hostess at the front on the way out, we were asked how everything was. I told her that It was terrible. Instead of getting the manager, which I would've expected at that point, she instead, gave me a coupon for a free appetizer, like I would ever go back there. I was so upset at the way the situation was handled, that I posted two rather negative comments in the customer feedback section of their web site. I thought that i was being reasonable in expecting either a call or an email, in the next two or three days After not getting any response for a week, I decided to call the restaurant and speak to the manager directly, letting here know how bad the whole Canyon Creek experience was, including the lack of response from their head office. Of course, she was very apologetic. We had a lovely chat for 10 or 15 minutes, with her stressing how that is not the way that they want to treat their customers, and how apologetic she was. She wanted me to come back and give them another chance. She told me to call her ahead of time to let her know that I was coming, to make sure that everything would be perfect. She already had my phone number. She asked for my address, saying that she was going to send me a gift certificate. That was two weeks ago. Up until now, nothing has arrived, not that I would go back. Why am I not surprised. From now on, it's "The Keg" for me.

• Visited February 2013
“An awful dining experience :(”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We went to Canyon Creek for dinner tonight. We have been multiple times to this location and have always found things acceptable, if not very good.

The hostess at the door was lovely and showed us to our table immediately. Sadly everything went downhill from here.
The restaurant was hardly busy enough to justify the poor service we received. I have never found myself reviewing a restaurant online before but here it goes...

Our waiter quickly took out beverage order. Brought our drinks and immediately asked what we wanted. We ordered as we were with our 4 year old & don't like lingering too long. The vibe was very used car salesman. Another server/busboy delivered our plates & our waiter was no where to be seen. My daughters kids cheese penne was smokey flavored - she is not fussy but needed kerchup to camoflage the flavoring. We waited and waited but he did not return in 10 to check on our meal. I actually took my child to the washroom came back & had to ask another server for the condiment.
My meal a $16 thai salad was absolutely disgusting!! It felt like it was remnant dish pit scrapings, dry chicken, mushy overipe inedible avocado & mango, poorly chopped napa cabbage & weird overcooked mr. Noodles throughout. My husbands steak was ok.

When our waiter finally showed his face again, he had about 6 dishes piled in his right elbow and asked if we were finished. My husband said yes and the guy actually stood there waiting for him to pass his plate. He then looked over at my plate (which was practically full) and asked the same and waited again until I passed my plate. So unprofessional! He could have easily asked how things were but didn't bother.
He returned promptly and gathered my daughters barely touched bowl, along with our bill. Again, didn't ask to see how anything was, or if we needed anything else - he just told us no rush. Ugh gee thanks.

We are reasonable people , I worked in restaurants throughout university & understand that not everything can be perfect. But seriously? This was horrible!! For the first time in my life I left a 10% tip. We will never return here.

Edinburgh
“Amazing prime rib”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

The server said they were famous for their prime rib so I though I'd give it a try. I ordered mine medium rare and it arrived perfect. Honestly one of the best prime ribs I've ever had. A must try if in the area.

Toronto, Ontario Canada
“Always a good place to eat”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We much prefer Canyon Creek to the Keg as we find the atmosphere and service to be better. If you go, I would suggest making reservations so you get a good table and you are in their system. I find you get better treatment especially if you go there a few times. They always do something extra for special occasions and if by chance something is no quite right, they will take care of it right away.

The steak and prime rib are excellent, we really have not had a meal that we did not like.

• Visited October 2012