“Yum-O !”
Review of Canyon Creek

Canyon Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 823 Restaurants in Vaughan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bass Pro Mills and Highway 400 North
Northern Ontario
“Yum-O !”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Novotel hotel in Vaughan, and we searched the web for a nearby restaurant. Canyon Creek Chophouse popped up and to our surprise was just a short walk across the street from our hotel.
It is somewhat a hidden location which if we did not call the restaurant before hand we probably would have had a hard time finding it, but with excellent directions we were on our way.
We were greeted by a wonderful hostess and she brought us to our table. The atmosphere was nice and had a bit of a romantic feel to it, with lights dimmed low and candles burning at all tables.
Our server was fantastic and with it being our first time going to a Canyon Creek Chophouse he had some wonderful recommendations.
We chose the Asian Nachos for an appetizer and oh my order this and you will not be disappointed!
For our main course we both ordered the Slow-Roast Prime Rib...YUM-O!! It is mouth watering, when you take a bite it is as if it is melting in your mouth...along with it came a Caesar Salad which is fab, very garlicky just the way I like it....I do not usually like any horseradish that accompanies prime rib, but I bit the bullet and tried it...well oh my I was hooked on the Canyon Creek horseradish cream....it is to die for.
Some reviewers have said that it is a bit pricey? well it is not a fast food kind of place so the prices were what we expected and by all means our meal was worth every penny! We just wish we could have had room for dessert, but we were stuffed.
We will highly recommend this restaurant and come back for sure!

• Visited August 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Worth using a coupon”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a coupon and decided to try this place out. The service was okay... We had to wait a little too long for the check and when our waiter did come it was because he was finishing his shift and wanted to settle up, not because we were ready.

I had the ribs and my mother had the spinach dip and calamari. The ribs were very good, tender, sweet yet savoury sauce. The calamari was a generous portion and was cooked well but the spinach dip was NOT good. It was runny, bland and we barely touched it as a result.

For dessert we had the brownie and pecan pie. The brownie was more like a dense chocolate cake and instead of being rich and chewy, it had a crumbly texture with a bitter aftertaste. The pecan pie was MUCH better and I would recommend it.

It was worth using the coupon for but I'd not go back at full price.

Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Prime Rib”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We went mid-week and the service was attentive but not overbearing. Although our server forgot our appetizer, it was easily forgiven, because you will be served fresh breads with honey butter that is to die for! We ordered the slow-roast prime rib and the New York steak and both were done to our spec and very good. Only one side comes with your main dish, but you can order additional sides for a few extra dollars, but honestly with the fresh bread and butter, you will not need anything more. We will return with friends and family.

Woodbridge
“Still having problems”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We went to our local Cayon Creek again to see if they had gotten better since the prior visit about a year ago. Here are some of the things we experience; one person ordered their full dinner with vegetables and they didnt show up with dinner, had to ask for them. The salads came before the drinks. One of us ordered the medium sized prime rib and got a huge piece of meat that was clearly the end piece with no tederloin, they fixed this. The meals were OK (except the gravy on the prime rib was way to salty and this is from a person who likes their food a bit salty) when fixed and service wasnt too bad but when the bill came, we had an extra beer charge and that took more time to fix. So overall still not up to our expectations. We seeem to have a much better experience at the Sherway Garden's location.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
“Horrible”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My husband and I visted the Canyon Creek Chophouse for the first time (and last time) yesterday and had a more than disappointing experience. Food took forever.
My husband had ordered the prime rib which arrived luke warm. I had chosed the fish of the day which was supposed to come with vegetables and rice pilaf. When the dish arrived there was no rice pilaf, just broccoli (which was very cold). When I asked our server about the missing rice he replied that this dish only came with vegetables. On our way out of the restaurant I double-checked the menu which is posted outside and it very clearly stated that there was rice pilaf to come with the dish.I understand that mistakes can happen but why lie about it?

• Visited June 2012