“Nice place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were there for a wedding. It was nice that we were at the same location as the wedding. We were not able to get adjoining rooms with our friends, apparently it is not available for 2 queen rooms. Called down a couple hours before arrival to see if we could get a cot, it was waiting for us in our room upon our arrival. Very quick check in. Slide was not open in pool area.
The only downfall, although it is not the problem from the hotel. We did not want to pay $15 pp for breakfast, so we looked for somewhere nearby to eat... nothing!!! either McD or Ikea!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, and that you enjoyed your stay. Our pool is open 5am-11pm daily, with limited hours for the operation of the 2 story waterslide. We operate the slide at no charge to our guests every weekend from 4-10pm on Friday's, 8-noon and again 4-10pm on Saturdays and 8-noon on Sundays. We operate the slide under strict area bi-laws that require 2 lifeguards on duty at all times the slide is operational. Perhaps the next time you return, you will be able to take advantage of this wonderful addition to our pool! I am sorry that you were not able to locate a good breakfast place in the morning, There are several very good restaurants close by, including Cora's, Golden Griddle and Tim Horton's. Thank you again for staying with us and your positive feedback about our service.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This property is not up to the Hilton standard. My biggest problem was the Internet which was basically unusable. I did a speed test at about 200 Kbps - 70 times slower than at home. Most things simply did not work. The odd coincidence was that the door on one of the two elevators was about the Same speed - about 30 seconds for the door to open! It was out of service after a few rounds of this.
The room was smallish, compared to other Garden Inn's we visited, and even though we booked for two adults and two children, there were only three towels in the room. The room was a bit tired, with an old CRT TV and peeling wallpaper in the small bathroom, and a toilet seat that had to be held to stay up.
The staff in the restaurant where great, but the restaurant left much to be desired. I had to ask for a way to cut a bagel as there was nothing out to that with, and the waffle maker also needed three hands to operate as it did not really fit under the hanging plastic over the buffet table and also had to be held in the open position. Many things were poorly laid out so that they were hard to find, such as the fixings for the waffles, which my children certainly did not find.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
HGIVaughan024, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Jon 6254,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Hilton Garden Inn/Vaughan. We appreciate all the feedback we receive both positive and negative. My sincere apologies that your stay with us was less than satisfying. We have spoken to our IT Specialist to review and improve our Internet Connection. As well we discussed the the breakfast layout with our Executive Chef to improve the logistics of our breakfast meal period. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to look after you and your family.

Domenic Tucci

A TripAdvisor Member
Vaughan
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The hotel was fully satisfactory; about what we expected from Hilton. The roads in the area are intimidating for visitors from smaller towns, and the area is very far from scenic. Meals were good, and we liked the buffet breakfast where the main dish was cooked to order - a good compromise.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel about 4 times now, and its consistently a comfortable stay. The rooms are typical of a Hilton Garden Inn, but well maintained and clean. The staff and restaurant exceed expecations. Very friendly people, big smiles and very helpful. The food at the restaurant is VERY good - I've had close to 10 dinners here and have never been disappointed (breakfast is typical buffet but good). Would recommend.

Room Tip: Don't accidently click a smokers room when your a non smoker.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review of our staff. We are so very fortunate to have almost all the original, caring and attentive staff still with us since our opening in 2006! In regards to our restaurant, I am proud to note, that our Chef Fernando was a multiple Medalist at the recent IKA Culinary Olympics held in Erfurt Germany. We certainly appreciate the caliber of cuisine he brings to our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here during the Rogers Cup Tennis tournament as it was a very close hotel to the stadium. Check in went quickly and I had no issues at all with the check-in process. I was given my room up on the 6th floor and away from the elevators as per my Hilton Honors preference. Great!

Room was clean, and included a microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, and TV. Free wifi and wired internet is provided.

One issue that I had with the room is that the exhaust fan in the washroom is either very very quiet or doesn't work. Everytime I finish taking a medium hot shower, all the mirrors would be completely fogged up. I think I remember a note on the light switch that says that the exhaust fan turns on when the light is on, but there's no sound.

Anyways other then that, I had no issues at all with the hotel. Many things to do around the area including Wonderland a few blocks north Walmart directly across the street, two movie theatres close by and tons of big box stores including Costco to the West of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a great stay in a large king room at this property. Was able to walk-in and book a room. While the check in took awhile because of some technical issues, the clerk was nice enough to provide my wife and I free breakfast. Overall great stay, clean property. Parking is somewhat limited when there is an event going on, but not really that big of a deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

After reading all of the great reviews for this hotel, I booked my family in for one night before heading to Canada's Wonderland, I was a little disappointed. Check in consisted of the front desk clerk barely looking at us and handing us our room keys with a post it note attached with our room number on it because he was out of paper! I honestly couldn't believe that's how we were starting our stay. He made no effort to make any conversation, i.e. "the elevator is around the corner and the pool is to the left" or even an enjoy your stay! He actually forgot to give us our breakfast vouchers and when we went back to get them he handed them to us without any sort of apology. I wasn't expecting a huge apology but an "Oh sorry about that" would have been nice. Anyway, got we got up to our room and it was just okay. We had booked a 1 bedroom suite so I was expecting a little bit more. The room was old, wallpaper peeling in the corner, ceiling stained from what looked like a leak, furniture very scratched and worn, stains on the carpet. We had two tv's but only one seemed to work. Pool was lovely though and my kids had a ball with the slide. Breakfast was great and staff in the restaurant were very good. Would I stay again? Probably not, I think there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Sam&Libby62,

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations during this visit. I am sorry that your check-in process was a negative experience. I will ensure further training in this area. I will challenge my maintenance department to do better touch ups in our guest rooms as well.

Thank you again for your business and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Domenic Tucci