“Nice place to spend some time”

Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We were part of a wedding that used this hotel as their guest accommodation (neither the wedding or reception was actually at this hotel). Service on both check-in and check-out were both quick and prompt. The rooms were very clean, and everything needed was provided. We had breakfast one morning in the restaurant/lobby - very enjoyable! I must say though, that I expected more from a Hilton chain. Overall a good experience!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the New Year's weekend and we were extremely pleased with everything. The staff were so kind and helpful and the room was so clean and very comfortable. We particularly enjoyed the food at the restaurant -- great variety at breakfast. We will definitely be returning with our children in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bridget g
Reviewed January 24, 2012

On January 6th my husbands family and I stayed for a wedding near by.
This was a great stay. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly. I booked online with Hilton and the 'special' included a hot buffet breakfast the next morning. ( total cost with taxes $116 cdn for king size bed and breakfast) The buffet breakfast was amazing! The best one i've had that was included in a stay. They had a waffle station, fresh fruit, all your grain options (bagels, toast, muffins, croissants etc) but they also had a cook to order station.. they made your eggs any way you wanted. Really great stuff. The service was also fantastic.
We had a king size bed - big room, spacious bathroom. It had a mini fridge too - not that we needed it but you never know.
Overall great stay, I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: My suggestion - get your breakfast included! Someone beside us in the restaurant paid $36 for his br...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed here in May 2011 for a managers meeting held in the hotel. Hotel is pretty close to airport so it was nice to ha e a quick drive after long flight - i would estimate it at around 20 mins or so. Check in was easy and i got into my room right away. Room was fine. Nothing over the top, but clean and served the purpose, had your standard amenities and needs met - desk, fridge, coffee, iron, blowdryer...I found the beds to be a bit too squishy, but thats just my preference rather then something against the hotel. View from my room sucked, woke up in the morning to see another building right up against my window....lol.....no biggie not alot to view in ontario anyways! jk :)

hotel doesnt have alot around it - there is a walmart shopping complex close by - i think about a 10 min drive. Hotel has a restaurant and business centre on site.

The toscana rooms where our meetings were held were great. Nice, fancy and a great setting to our meeting.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

The girl Annalisa Lafarciola [--] tried calling 10 times and my wife also to book atleast 20 rooms for my brothers big weeding and she will get back to us saying i'll have u an quote soon, or can never get a hold her, she is never their and no one else wants to help us or even talk to us!!!!!
and now after 3 months of trying to book and my wife has called now atleast 10 times and e-mail 6 times , they are just giving us attitude!!!!!
so i guess their is too much buissness forthem to care about us and my bro's special day!!!
i got married at hockley valley and everyone stayed their at my 250 person wedding 3 years ago and it was easy and an joy and got so many upgrades and free golf and skiing, i will never got to any hilton garden ever, i would rather sleep in my truck in the middle of winter!!!!

Room Tip: see hockley valley for the best of everything
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank funguy2010
HGIVaughan024, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Toronto/Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

funguy2010- Orangeville

Thank you for your post – we strive to give the best service for all groups that are staying at our hotel as well as doing inquires with our sales team. We are shocked to learn of your experience when our hotel wedding/social guest rates have been the same for three years now for Kings or Double/Double Rooms. Any one on our sales team could have easily quoted that price to you at any time when asked. Our team carries cell phones with them while on property so our quests can get a hold of the team quickly.

Please in the future if you are not receiving the service that you are looking for either call the front desk and ask for a Manager on Duty or ask for the General Manager, we would have happily addressed your questions and/or concerns. We are here to make your group stay perfect.

Reviewed December 14, 2011

My company booked me and my family of five into this hotel when we came to Toronto for our holiday party. When we arrived at the hotel, unfortunately we were told that according to them we had arrived a day early! I had confiramation from my work that I was indeed booked in for that night as well. Either way, the room for us was still occupied, this was at 5:00 pm. Because we are five they had us booked for a King suite, so that two of my sons can sleep on the sofa bed and the third youngest can sleep between my husband and I in the King bed. The front dest told us that the guests in the room were supposedly checking out around 6:00 pm, so we left our luggage with the front dest and went across the street to Walmart. We returned about 6:15 and the guests had still not checked out, we sat on the couches in the lobby for about 30 minutes and then the front desk staff came over to tell us that they had extended their stay. Rupa, at the front dest was so very nice about it all, and very sorry for making us wait and she ended up giving us adjoining rooms. The boys had a room with two Queen beds and their dad and I had a room with a King bed....and she only charged for one room and threw in complimentary breakfast at the buffet for both mornings, for all five of us!!

Rupa was really great, and each time she saw us in the lobby she would ask if we were enjoying our stay and if we needed anything else.

My boys loved the pool and the hotel, especially the really cool and fast slide! I enjoyed the hot tub a lot! Both our rooms (and I believe all rooms in the hotel) had a small fridge and a microwave, which was great because my son was taking antibiotics and it needed to be refrigerated.

The hotel is located close to lots of shopping and restaurants. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices and they cook your eggs to your request. If I had to come back to this part of Toronto, i would definately book here.

Room Tip: we didn not realize till the morning of check out that we could of adjusted our bed: ie, make it sof...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We arrived late and tired from a long rainy drive and was impressed immediately with Sunny at the front desk. Who took charge of our two separate reservations (our plans changed and we had been told by phone we would have to change rooms after the first night ) . With a smile and a little work, he straightened everything out. We had two fabulous meals prepared by Toni the amazing chef - who went out of his way to make our stay an epicurean delight- every thing we ate was fresh and delicious the sauces just perfect.
We were there on Business - however, it was an easy to walk to cinemas & restaurants and there is shopping every where if you were there for a weekend. The staff was very friendly and the rooms clean and comfortable. There is a great water area if you have kids. Room service was fast and the food hot. So for families ideal right off the highway 400 – I believe. The only thing and it was a very small thing our bathroom fan did not work. I would definitely stay here again. Good value and service.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business