“More than I expected.”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Bancroft,Ontario
“More than I expected.”
Reviewed March 11, 2008

I was there on business. First night stayed in well appointed and very clean queen room.Small fridge, coffee maker.
Few nights later returned took a suite. Again well appointed .Very comfortable. My only complaint is the "Buffet" or "Continental" breakfast. Lacking choices. I had no special requests or needs. Enjoy waking up to a newspaper outside my door.Very good business hotel.Heading back for a "Spring Shopping Weekend" at Vaughan Mills Mall.
Don W.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank granddad54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
Whitby
Reviewed March 4, 2008

This is the second Monte Carlo Inn property I have stayed at and I was again content with the overall value. The rooms were not overly spacious, however they were well designed with all the standard ammenities and very clean. I had dinner at the Italian restaurant on site and although it was not cheap, the pasta was excellent. In the morning I had what they called a light buffet breakfast and it was just enough. Upon check out I was pleasantly surprised that they also have a Rewards Program. Overall the property has a good balance of value and quality.

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank WhitbyTraveller
Beautiful
Reviewed October 14, 2007

I have heard about the Hotel from a friend.
At first beacuse of the low prices I thought it was going to be a regular kind of "motel", but to my surprise it was a wonderful & extremely clean HOTEL. Great staff always willing to help and an exquisit Restaurant.
I will come back!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Everything was great
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BeautifulBeautiful
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed August 29, 2007

We stayed there during th Civic holiday weekend. For the price we paid, not a bad hotel. The washroom and beds were clean. The staff was courteous. Of course, this hotel is not the same quality as the Hilton or Marriott. We were not looking for anything special, just a place to relax and spend the night. This location of this hotel is a plus; Movie Theaters, Wal-Mart, Many Different Fast Food places, Mini Putt, Dve and Busters, etc. Not recommended for honyemooners or romantic trips away, but okay for families or those travelling with a budget.

• Liked — Good Price, Good Location
  • Disliked — Beds were unconfortable
1 Thank madtrisha
Montreal
Reviewed August 4, 2007

Hotel is ok for the price, but if you are travelling with kids, it's better to pay few more $$$ and go to the Hilton (few more blocks from Monte Carlo), there is a pool over there.

Room was very clean, but we had to call the front desk each day (we stayed 3 nights) to have extra towel sets; the lady who cleaned the room only left 2 sets of towel and we are a family of 5! It' ok for the first night, but not on the 2nd and 3rd one!

Also, the first morning, kids woke up at 9.30 AM (they never do this at home!!!). We went for the complimentary breakfast at 9.55, and the lady at the restaurant told us that they have to remove everything by 10.00 and dress the table for the lunch,so she couldn't give us a table!!! We had to pick what we want and return to our room to eat breakfast.

Also, they made a mistake in the bill, they charged us for a pay movie that we didn't order at 2.00 AM!

As you can see, those was not very big issues, but employees at this hotel are just missing the final toutch that could make an experience from very ordinary to excellent.

• Liked — Close to Canada Wonderland
  • Disliked — unexperienced staff
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Fleurdelys38
Toronto, ON
Reviewed June 4, 2007

We stayed at the Monte Carlo the night of our wedding. We had a phenomenal wedding on July 21, 2006 and following the reception our entire wedding party (over 30 of us) had rooms booked at this hotel. We chose this hotel because they had quite reasonable rates. I should have known from the start that the service was definitely below average. I blocked off a section of rooms. Three days before the wedding I called to get a list of names reserved under our block. There were quite a few names missing. I called those guests and asked them to call the hotel and confirm their reservations. They did and everything seemed fine but they were charged more than the rack rate we were given. That was the least of our worries though. When we arrived at the hotel at about 2 AM (the hotel was notified that we would have a late check-in), there were 4 different reservations that could not be found. Included in those was my maid of honour's and best man's rooms. I had the list of confirmations but they didn't seem to care. They claimed the sheet was faxed 3 days ago and rooms could have been cancelled in the meantime. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Of course we argued with the reception and eventually they called their manager who explained to us the following morning how he was so upset with us that he was woken in the middle of the night. I couldn't believe it! They lost our reservations and he was upset with us. They night staff offered no solution and we told them there was something they had to do for us. We had proof of reservation and on top of it we had been drinking and were dropped off with our limo bus. It was not safe for anyone to drive. They finally offered to pay for our cab one way to their location in Markham but it was up to us how we were going to get to our cars the following morning (which had been left at the hotel during the day).
Overall, the experience was terrible. I have travelled around the world and have never been treated with such disrespect. The manager basically called my husband and I liars and refused to help us at all. When I received my credit card statements the following month I was charged for the rooms that they had "supposedly" no reservations for. The manager refused to return my calls and I had to go to the hotel and confront him. He claimed he would confer with his colleague and get back to me. I have not heard from him since. I managed to track him down at one point and he told me there was no way the rooms could be refunded. I would get discount vouchers. I have contacted head office in the meantime but they are just as unreliable.
While we were checking out the following morning there were 2 other parties arguing with the manager. There was a bride whose suite was given away! He had nothing comforting to say!
The gift bags I prepared for my guests were not delivered to over half the rooms on the block. I was told the the bridal suite would be free if more than 10 rooms was reserved under our block. That was a lie and the morning after our stay were charged for the suite. I argued with the manager and he claimed that nobody would ever say that and basically called me a liar. I was furious. In the end I got charged for the room.
I would never recommend for anybody to stay at this hotel. The rooms are alright but the service was just terrible.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
6 Thank true_traveller007
Ontario
Reviewed December 4, 2006

I arrived Saturday Dec 2nd at 6 pm with no reservation ahead of time so I was lucky to still get a non-smoking room at that point.
This is actually my 2nd time staying here. The decor is simple, the bedspreads are cheap, and the pillows are firm, but it's all brand new so you really can't complain. The price was right at $109 for 2 queen sized beds a small round coffee table & 2 chairs & writing desk. The room was 'just big enough' with super high ceilings. It was equiped with a small fridge & coffee pot. There was coffee to make, but no tea(which I wanted).
The bathroom was a decent size, tiled and had a hair dryer, 2 small soaps, and a 1/2 bottle of shampoo.....yes that's right. Slightly used, but not abused. I assume this was an oversite. The room was very clean, and you could take your shoes off and still have clean socks(so far). It is in a great location. 5 minutes gets you to Dave & Busters, Movie theatre, Eateries, Ikea, Costco & alot of other box stores. 10 minutes to Vaughan Mills shopping.
Unfortunately, there was a Christmas party group there that night, and lets just say, I called down to the front desk at 1am and again at 4am. There were people yelling from one end of the hall to the other, and people banging off walls & doors. I used the pillows & comforter off the extra bed to put infront of the hall door hoping to muffle some of the noise.......nope. I missed the complimentary breakfast in the am, as it's over at 10 and I slept in to 10am due to the fact I couldn't sleep all night. I have had it before though, and it is nothing to write home about but it does the trick. When I checked out in the morning I spoke with the receptionist and told her my biggest concern was that when I called down in the middle of the night because of the noise I did not once hear anyone speaking to the 'noisemakers', and no one attempted to quiet them. I received a very defensive attitude, as she explained to me 'well it was a Christmas party'. I told her I paid my money to 'sleep' here too.
That said, when you get a room at a hotel for $109 you really cannot expect the same quality or service you would at the higher end hotels. I would consider this a budget hotel, but it is new so it gets extra points in my book. I would stay here again, but I would make sure there are not sports teams, Christmas parties or groups staying there frist, as the noise is not a concern to the hotel.

• Liked — Location & Price
  • Disliked — Customer Service
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask to ensure you are not staying with groups, Christmas parties, or temas
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo