“Very expensive for what it is” 2 of 5 bubbles

LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Toronto Admission
Ranked #6 of 34 things to do in Vaughan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Very expensive for what it is”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was a big money-grab. We bought tickets on-line and still had to wait 10 min just to confirm entrance, and then another 20 odd minutes to get in. There is no place to store coats/jackets. Tickets are expensive enough, $22 for adult and $18 for kids. And they will sell you a lanyard with activity booklet for another $5. We had to buy lunch there, it was very expensive and mediocre quality. They sell a Lego lunchbox for $15, containing lunch for one single kid! Kingdom Quest ride and the 4D movie are ok for the little ones. There is absolutely nothing for a bigger kid or grown-up to do. The bathrooms are small and the faucets are manual, surprising for such a busy play centre. Even my 7 yr-old said it was not worth it.

3 Thank momat40
LDCToronto, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Toronto, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. At the core of our attraction is the desire for parents and children to enjoy the LEGO experience together. Family engagement for most of the activities in our centre is what we strive to provide.

We are sorry to hear that you find our admission prices to be high. They are priced at the rate they are because you are invited to stay as long as you like from the point of entrance until we close at night.

We appreciate your feedback regarding a place to put coats, as well as the bathrooms. We are working to improve our facilities to ensure a more positive customer experience.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible layout and poorly trained staff but the kids loved it.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We bought annual passes online before opening thinking the lego store was awesome so this had to be amazing! Line up outside the store for 10 min to get to the front. Greeted by an unfriendly and uninformed staff member. I think he was shell shocked with the 10 families he already told to go away since they were sold out (this is 15 min after the doors opened). He puts us in a VIP annual pass line. We stand there for 5 min before a staff member asks us why we are there. Duh this is the annual pass holder line. She says. "I'll be back". And walks away. We see her helping at the cash, at other lines etc. Finally she walks by again and my wife says can you help us? She points at me and says. Sorry he's first and tries to walk away. At that point we lose it. We've been standing there another 5 min so now 20 min so far. (2 yr old and 5 yr old kids. Yes we brought kids to lego land. Think they are having fun yet?)
Finally we get "in". They put you in another line in front of the factory doors. (15 min wait again). There is nothing for the kids to do. One screen playing a 2 min loop about all the fun you'll have when you get inside.
Finally!!! The doors open. We walk in to the "factory". There are four or five tiny activities for the 30 people and kids they let in. Wow. Disappointment. Oh wait. There is another door and another line. We like sheep go into the line. Wait another 5 min. A staff member walks by and shouts. If you are lining up for the ride please stay against the wall. (This is a 10 ft wide room. I'm against the wall already no matter where I stand). If you want to bypass go thru to the left! ". My kids are going bonkers wanting to play with anything so we get out of the line and go left. Pass thru the mini toronto set up. Cool. Great. But I'm so unimpressed that I want to ask for my annual pass $ back already.
Finally you walk thru that part and it opens to basically a room with blocks and activities. Kids loved this part. Stayed for 2 hrs could have stayed linger but after wating so long in the lines it's past lunch time. The food selection is terrible. Basically a vending machine selection of premade sandwiches.
Will we go back? Yes but only because we'll go expecting the terrible service and lines to get to the play room.

2 Thank NChew
Thank you for your review. Customer service is important to us and we’re very sorry to hear that you did not receive the best experience possible. We appreciate your feedback regarding the café, as we are continuously improving our offerings.

Since you and your family annual pass holders, we look forward to welcoming your family back, and providing them with a better experience.

Orangeville, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Legoland”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The people that run Legoland are very rude, which makes a fairly small overpriced attraction seem even worse than it could be. One adult with 2 under 12 kids was $65.54. Clearly they have no idea about the Canadian market either. "restrooms" are what they call them in the U.S., not Canada lol. A sandwich on 'wonder bread', juice box, small bag of chips and yogurt tube in a box for $15. Fifteen dollars -not a typo. 4.50 for a 4" round mini pizza that looks inedible. Nope. And you once you leave, you can't get back in. Not that you will stay long. They also seem to go out of their way to make you feel not welcome. My 10 year old was quietly building foam blocks in the block pit inside their climbing structure, when he was asked to leave as he was too tall. To make it worse there was hardly anyone in there, but there was two adults -huh? Cameras on their cash registers video tape you paying, really? You are forced to show I.D. if you order ahead (which you better do or expect to possibly not get in). They do not accept Lego VIP cards in the attached store, I was told the Lego store is 'nothing to do with Lego' but run by some entertainment company. And if that wasn't enough 'fun' for one day. I bought several lego items for my kids at the store, and the clerk purposely tried (twice!) to have me pay with debit without showing the amount first. When I refused to pay until I could see the amount, on the third try she showed the amount which was more than on the register! I complained to the manager, only to be told 'he hadn't seen it'. I like the mall, but would not recommend Legoland until it gets new management. Our stay there was much shorter than we had planned, which worked out well in the end as right across the hall is the 'Lucky Strike' bowling alley - now that was fun!

6 Thank Duncan W
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“bad from the start”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

Took our 2 boys and found out you have to pay to enter with the kids.
Staff are unfriendly. Asked if could look inside before paying to go inside and they said I had to book a tour at a later time eventhough I was here now.
What a bad setup from the start. I guess they don't want to attract business since they already brainwashed our kids.
Good grief. Don't bother going here.

2 Thank Product-Patrol
Thank you for your review. We’re very disappointed that you received poor customer service and sincerely apologize.

In terms of our admission tickets, the reason that each individual needs to purchase a ticket is due to the fact that every guest is able to participate in each attraction within the centre. As an indoor entertainment destination, family engagement is extremely important to us. At the core of our attraction is the desire for parents and children to enjoy the LEGO experience together.

Your feedback is appreciated, and as we are always improving, we do hope that your family will visit us again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Whole Thing Was Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visited back during March Break and the entire experience was brutal

The first time I went I was turned away because they were full and said they weren't selling tickets that day. What they neglected to mention is apparently they never sell tickets at the gate as found out by the 2nd time I came back another day.

When we got there I was told they weren't selling tickets that day. I had checked before leaving the house and there were tickets available for purchase online (which in hindsight, I should have bought then, but who thinks they wouldn't sell them at the gate if they're available online).

I pointed this out to the staff and they're response was "uhhh... we're busy so we're not selling tickets today". I pointed out that I could literally stand in front of them and purchase tickets online with my smartphone and pick them up today. They told me that's what I'd have to do then.

Their staff seriously stood there and watched me order tickets on my phone instead of just selling them to me. I did ask for a manager, and to his credit he realized how stupid they were being and got them to ring me up right before I was about to process my credit card for the online transaction.

Inside it was entertaining enough for a 4 year old, but the damage was done before we even got through the door. Their customer service blows. Their staff are poorly trained so don't expect a whole lot out of them.

For the money you pay though, you're better off going down the street to Reptilia (assuming your kids can handle reptiles/snakes). At least those guys will actually sell you tickets to get in!

When leaving they tell you you're not allowed to re-enter (as if that would've been a problem with the mood they put me in) and yet they call their tickets day passes.

Once we entered the lego store portion upon exiting there was a line stretching the entire length of the store (around 50+ people) and only 2 people working cash registers to ring people out. So again with the shoddy/poor staffing.

The whole thing is poorly managed/staffed/executed. If you can get over the terrible customer service and staffing kids can have fun. The majority of people will likely just get fed up and leave though.

Finally (and more to the poor design/execution) their food area doesn't provide any options for recycling. Just dump everything in the trash. In a time that most companies are working towards being more eco-friendly these guys are just going "nope - screw the earth". It's a side complaint to the overall sucking but still should be addressed

Visited March 2013
4 Thank 467DavidG467
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that during your visit you were not provided the experience you would have liked. March was a very busy month for us with the new opening, the two weeks of March Break, plus the additional holiday weekend. During this time, we tried our best to give our guests the best customer service through this busy time. It’s disappointing that we were unable to provide it for you.

Since we have been open for a few months now, we have made improvements, including having recycling bins, and have further trained our staff. We will always continue to improve, and always appreciate guest feedback.