“Too many choices to choose from!”
Review of Pickle Barrel

Pickle Barrel
Ranked #140 of 829 Restaurants in Vaughan
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
hamilton
“Too many choices to choose from!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were in the area and I was craving a solid deli sandwich. I remember the Pickle Barrel as a child and this was the new and modern Pickle Barrel. I probably havent been to a Pickle Barrel in over 15 years and the menu has changed. But all for good.... I believe over 300 choices were on the menu, it comes in a book form. We were seated right away and approached by our waiter right away. It took us 20mins to finally decide on what to eat. Check out there website for a complete listing on whats available. From salads, sandwiches, stir frys, burgers, steaks, seafood, and pasta's plus all day breakfast you cant go hungry. From what I observed from watching all the different food come out to other tables is freshness and size. Everything looked fresh and large portions. Something I do like very much. We didnt have drinks just ice water, we had appetizers, fried pickles and mozzarella sticks. Both very good and piping hot. Food didnt take long at all and the service overall was very good. Both my kids had the Grilled Chicken Club Sandwiches with fries and coleslaw. They loved it and ate almost all of it. I had the Double Monty Sandwich with fries and coleslaw. That was simply delicous. My wife had the Avocado Club with couscus and she enjoyed it. Overall I wish the Pickle Barrel was closer to home because I would eat there frequently.

Toronto
“Good food, nice break from the mall”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My sister and I decided to pop in because the mall was very busy on a Saturday and we wanted to sit down for a nice lunch. We very much enjoyed the food and atmosphere. I particularly liked the all day breakfast (in some places they don't mean all day) and my only complaint is that the server memorized everything and didn't write things down. Normally that wouldn't bother me but one of the sides in my meal came as different than what I had asked for. I didn't complain because we were in a rush and my sister was being served at the same time. Also, I liked the other choice enough to eat it. Still, I was very careful about what sides I had asked for and the fact that the server didn't write anything down and then got something wrong (or, to be fair, the kitchen did) made it a less impressive feat. In other words, I'd prefer a server that actually records what I want somewhere as my breakfast alone had several difference choices (i.e. eggs scrambled or fried, sausage or bacon, white toast or whole weat, home fries or latkes). The only other complaint was that the server never returned after we started eating to ask if we had everything we need and we had to actually ask for the bill but overall, the food and atmosphere made up for it and we will definitely return here in future visits.

Toronto, Canada
“Very nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We where today for lunch and everything was nice
The presantion on the bruchketa was nice but a bit messy to eat
Service was very proffesional
We will go back again

Toronto, Canada
“Poor customer service”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited this location with my mother after some shopping. The restaurant was empty with plenty of staff. We waited atleast 15 minutes after being seated with no sign of our server. Finally a waitress approached and said she would take our drink order and pass it onto our server. a little while later a grumpy waiter dropped off some waters at our table no hello nothing just basically threw them down and walked away. He was miserable. My mother ordered some sort of Asian noodle dish which was overly sauced and very salty. I ordered the chicken fajitas which were very good, Overall the poor customer service is the reason I will not return.

• Visited June 2013
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“family enjoyed”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After visiting stores in Mall went to Pickle Barrel for supper. Our waitress Millie was excellent with helping us with our choices. My son had a brisket sandwich that he really enjoyed, I was pleased they had the all day breakfast omelet and my wife really enjoyed her chicken dish. The service was very quick and each time we needed something Millie was there to get it. We really enjoyed our meal and experience here. Will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013