“Great stay and great breakfast”

SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here with my mother one night as we had to go to my brothers graduation. Room was spotless and spacious. We thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast that is included, nice change from other hotels that only offer a few muffins and coffee as breakfast. We will stay her again, perhaps for a shopping trip since it is close to vaughan mills

1  Thank travelh027
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My Mom booked this lovely hotel for my 25th birthday! It was way more than I had expected. I previously stayed at the Monte Carlo (which I didn't like at all) and she booked the SpringHill suites as a surprise. Upon arriving, we were greeted with incredible customer service. Check-in was easy and delightful and very informative. Our room was beautiful, spacious, clean, elegant and classy. The air conditioning worked well and the beds were fabulous! Breakfast was complimentary with our stay. My husband enjoyed a blueberry waffle and I stuck to the basic bacon and eggs which were great. WiFi was free, for up to 3 devices. Normally, you have to pay $11.95/night at hotels for WiFi so this was an awesome addition. We were headed to Wonderland the next day and asked at the front desk if we could purchase an extra ticket as 2 wonderland tickets came with our stay. They told us to come back in the morning because they had ran out for the day. We went back downstairs to get the tickets, which are much cheaper than the gate ($45 at the hotel and $66 at the gate) and their internet went down. They had already called us a cab so the gentleman at the front desk directed us to to the Hilton Suites across the street to purchase the ticket. Once we got to the Hilton, the lady at the front desk was extremely rude and my friend ended up having to pay the $66.66 instead of the $45.00. After a glorious day at Wonderland, we came back and kindly discussed with the front desk clerk what happened. I have never seen such incredible customer service at a hotel in my entire life. They were so apologetic and did everything in their power to ensure we left happy (we were happy anyways! wasnt their fault the internet went down just wanted to see what could be done) They contacted the supervisors from the Hilton to discuss what went down. Kevin Chung was so amazing and walked us over to ensure we got the difference back - $22.00. Thank you so much Kevin - we appreciate everything you've done for us and we will be back! Outstanding customer service and would recommend this to anyone. I will ALWAYS stay at this hotel when I go to Vaughn.

1  Thank Chelsea A
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel is absolutely fabulous and a great value for your money. The rooms were very large and quite accomodating to a family of 4. With the extra living area, it allowed us to relax in our own space without having to be "on top of each other" all the time. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very accomodating. The only criticism I have is that the bathroom doors (shower and toilet facilities in separate spaces) have frosted pocket doors. I the middle of the night, if somebody has to use the washroom, turning on the light floods the room and disturbs others sleep. Although the frosted doors as asthetically pleasing, a solid door would eliminate the above noted problem.

1  Thank kduke155018
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear kduke155018;
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Toronto Vaughan. Your very positive review of our room layout and features helps our future guests have an idea of our property and what to expect. We will be addressing the frosted glass issue in our future upgrading plans. Thank you for your business we know you have choices and are glad you picked us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Peter Kingsbury

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a nice stay at SpringHill Suites in Vaughan. The staff always showed itself to be friendly and courteous. Because of a change of circumstance before our stay, I had to contact the hotel a few times to make sure that everything would be okay at our arrival---every different staff member that I dealt with was always friendly and helpful and a manager even called when they noticed that something more was going to be needed for things to run smoothly. As for the suite, it was nice---our 18 year old daughter in particular was very impressed with the way it looked. I particularly liked the sound of the shower of water in the pool made---it "broke the boredom" of the normal swimming pool and made the pool experience more alive, sort of speak. The breakfast buffet was also good and we always had a good choice of places to sit (mind you, it was during the normal weekdays, with most children still being at school). If I had to say anything negative about this hotel it would be that it should have locks on the washroom doors and that the pool could be bigger.

Dear Brichana;
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Toronto Vaughan. Great to see you enjoyed the room, breakfast and pool. Best of all is your comment that all of our team members were friendly and helpful. Our team thanks you for your business it is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Peter Kingsbury

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places you wish you had more days in. My family of four had to stay one evening for a sporting event the next morning, and it was perfect.

We always have issues with noise, since we don't stay up late and our children need their sleep to compete the next day (perhaps because it was a Friday and not busy?) Here it was quiet, clean and comfortable.

The staff was helpful and accommodating. We asked for a quiet, top level room and received it.

The extra pull out couch, fridge and work area was a plus, and the breakfast went above and beyond continental.
Would highly recommend, and will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Jaeme26
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Toronto Vaughan.
“Perfect night sleep” is exactly what we want to hear and are glad you found t with us.
Thank you for your business it is appreciated and we hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This suites are worth every penny. They are spacious, lovely, comfortable and very clean. I also loved the layout. The fact that we had a sitting area was wonderful as we could relax away from the bed. I also loved the gym and the pool, although I couldn't eat their breakfast as am a rawtarian. I have stayed in 2 hotels next door and didn't like them as much. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear enjoroges
The team is glad you enjoyed the layout and facilities and we all hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed two nights at the SpringHill Suites and we will definitely return. The staff was super friendly at check-in, the rooms were very clean and the bedding smelled fresh. The beds were very comfortable.

The layout in the room was nice. There are two separate bathroom areas - one that has a toilet and a sink and the other has a walk-in shower and a sink. The only quirky thing is that neither bathroom door locks. We called the front desk asking how to lock the doors and they simply said, "They don't lock." Found that very inconvenient, especially travelling with a three year old who loves opening doors. Also, not having a bathtub when travelling with a younger child was tough. It's too bad that there isn't more room in the 'water closet' to get ready. There is ample room in the shower room, but with a glass-enclosed shower, it lacks privacy. It's not the kind of 'suite' we're used to, but it did us well for this family trip. There is also a huge walk-in closet which was a nice touch. For the hotel being completely full, it was very quiet in our room.

The pool area was nice, albeit a little small. Got crowded our first night. I don't think the hotel was prepared for as many guests as they had the first night (long weekend), because breakfast was crazy busy and the food was not being replenished quickly enough. Everything ran much smoother the next day when it wasn't as busy. Front lobby area is very nice. Location is nice and close to many of the places we wanted to visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sherry C
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear hocky_mum_11;
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel.
The hotel does have a great set up for families and having a queen size pull out sofa in all rooms is a great feature.
I am sorry if there was delay in the breakfast preparation on one day but good to see it was resolved the next morning by our team.
I will work with our team on the lock situation as we could have adjusted the doors to lock for you.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon. Please let me know if I can assist in any way.