“Showing some wear and tear”

SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on 4 different occasions over the past year. I was very satisfied with my first two visits when the hotel was quite new. My last two visits were in October, 2012 and February, 2013. I noticed that on these visits my towels and linens were looking worn--especially the towels. When I checked out in October, I mentioned this to the person at the front desk. Apparently that went nowhere, as my towels were approaching being threadbare for my February stay. The carpet has also "changed" colour since my first stay, so it appears that maintenance is lacking. They also had mentioned that a restaurant was coming. That hasn't come to fruition either.

On the plus side, the rooms are very well laid out, and the beds very comfortable. Love the jets in the shower!

Room Tip: Stay as far away from Hwy 400 as possible.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear SteveYo;
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stays at the SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan. Your repeat business is truly appreciated. I am very sorry you had an issue with towels and linen on your last 2 stays, we are continually replacing towels and linens and this should not be an issue for our guests. I will review your comments with our team so we can work on making it right.
There is a plan for a restaurant in the new office building beside us but the time frame has not been completed, I am sorry if our team was over zealous on those plans.
Once again thank you for the review and your business we continue to work on correcting any issues and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, and both times it was wonderful. The staff was very accomadating when we arrived four hours early for check-in. They let us check in anyhow. Rooms are large, modern, attractive, and very comfortable. Loved the soft bed and the big shower. Continental breakfast was also very good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear 2ndhnymoon
Thank you for your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Toronto Vaughan. It is great to get comments from repeat guests who see the value in our hotel rooms and service. Our team’s number one goal is to make you feel appreciated. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a beautiful hotel! Very tasty decor with modern flair, everything looked like it came straight out of a magazine! We had a room with 2 queen beds and pullout sofa with modern shower with separate toilet. We were 4 people in the room and it was spacious enough. It was spotless clean and beds were extremely comfortable. Free wifi throughout the hotel was also a plus!

Hotel staff was very nice. After a 6 hour drive, we arrived at the hotel earlier than check-in time and they allowed us to go to the room earlier, which was great!

Hot breakfast was included in the price, however, it was crowded when we got there around 9:15 (Sunday). Make sure you get down earlier if you want to get a spot to sit. I would definitely stay there again when I go back to Toronto!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Kawai_nikon
Thank you for taking your personal time to review the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Toronto Vaughan. We are delighted to hear all your positive comments on the modern décor and service you received from our team. Our number one goal is happy guests and by your intent to return we know we are hitting the mark. Thank you for your business it is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed one night only (New Year's Eve), and were there last year as well - the security on New Years Eve is excellent. You had to wear wrist bands to get into the hotel late at night (or early in the morning), or they would not let you in. We are so impressed by this property - it is so clean, the furnishings, colours are beautiful and the beds are so comfortable. The stay included breakfast the next morning, and it was delicious. We enjoyed the hot tub as well, just wish the pool was deeper than 4 ft and they would have change rooms in the actual pool area (which is very pretty). I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoanneV095
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear JoanneVO95;
Thank you for your post on trip advisor with all off your favourable comments on the design and functionality of our hotel. Our number one goal is to have all our guests feel this way and we are happy you have on all your stays. Thank you again we do appreciate your business and we hope to see you soon. Peter

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed with my children on a overnight trip. We had some problems with other guest at the hotel. A youth hockey team checked in and caused a ruckus. The hotel management and staff were excellent in moving us and helping us with the problems. Great hotel, good size room and very homey.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you Thaddeus for taking the time to review our property and let us know of your experience at our hotel. Our team is glad to hear we were able to assist and make things right and that you enjoyed the property and its features. We thank you for your business and look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed overnight while working in nearby Maple for work. The room was clean, reception was fine, and the breakfast was excellent and staffed properly. Upon arriving home at the airport in New Jersey I realized as I was going to my car that I forgot the keys to my house and car in the hotel. They were able to overnight it for Saturday deliver (at my expense). I recieved the keys the next morning and was able to avoid massive charges leaving my car at the airport as well as the exorbant cost to have a transponder key for my car made by a locksmith. It is very close to the airport and to Vaughn Mills.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CJ222
Peter K, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Dear CJ222
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Toronto Vaughan. It is our pleasure in helping to get your keys back to you in New Jersey as quickly as possible and glad we could save you some unseen expenses.
We hope that you will be back in the area in the near future and choose to visit us again.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Came here for a work conference for a couple of days, everthing about it was amazing. Room was fantastic and relaxing. Loved the separate shower area. Very clean in room (was cleaned daily) main lobby, by elevators, hallways etc. I was going to take advantage of the gym and pool but didn't have time, I'm sure they were good too. Really close to Vaughan Mills. I would definitely stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Targa_H

Dear Targa_H
Your review of the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Toronto Vaughan is truly appreciated. It is only with our guest’s feedback that we can continue to strive to improve.
Our team is glad that you enjoyed your stay and noted the cleanliness of our property. We hope you will have time for the pool and hot tub on your next visit as our guests really enjoy it.
Hope to welcome you soon.