“Terrible food”

Description: Top Choice Award Winner 2009, 2010
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible food”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

we had heard so much about the food being delicious and "different" from the usual fare and well, i had the fish special (which was very costly) and it was so not worth it... it was not very well cooked and tasted of nothing... very disappointing...
atmosphere was good but smokey from the open kitchen style.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bb d

“Award Winning Restaurant!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Groupon had a promotion of $29 for $60 food credit for Monday to Thursday. It was not my first time visit of this place; I had a good confident of it. Went there for lunch on Monday, it was surprising busy. They were doing a lot of casual business lunches. Last time, I went there for "Savour York Region", the fixed price menu could be limited of my selection. This time, by using the Groupon, I can pick up any item from the menu, it provided more freedom to explore the different dishes.
I had ordered: Pork belly & scallop appetizer $16, Arctic char $23 & Vitello $25. Please see the photos.
Quality food with reasonable price, it is a place of award winning restaurant without going to Downtown Toronto.

• Visited January 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Food Excellence, Ambiance Excellence, $$$”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

First the Food, we both gave it a "Ten"- Flavored and sizzled right!. The Jazz Singer with songs of Otis Riding & Barry White- with the Great voice and the "right" musicians in tow...a real treat for Toronto.
The only concern is that this refined place with a balanced decor and ambiance (real nice), is built like a corridor (long Vs square), so it is sitting along a wall in a far corner (not a good thing).
Fortunately I had the right company and the evening was great! (we elected to have our meal at the bar, close to the Singer and orchestra :-), The Barmaid made the difference.

• Visited December 2012
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We received a voucher from our Nissan dealer for this restaurant.
We felt welcome as soon as we walked in the restaurant. Throughout the evening the staff was nice and attentive and even the owner came to greet us.
We ordered the mixed salad which was very yummy. My husband took the daily recommendation, which was Tuna. He wanted it rare but found it a bit overcooked, but still tasty. i took the steak which was delicious. Cooked to perfection, melting in your mouth. The plates are very nicely decorated and the mini vegetables were extremely tasty.
This is a very nice restaurant to go to celebrate a special event.

• Visited September 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Great Italian restaurant and the pizza is the best I have tasted in the world.”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

I like this restaurant so much that I went there twice during my visit to Toronto. I recommend you to try this restaurant if you are in that part of town. (I drove 30 minutes to get to this restaurant---it is that good.)

The pasta is freshly made and is delicious. I had the lobster pasta and also the shrimp and scallop pasta. Amazing. Cooked just right and the seafood is very fresh and juicy.

We had a warm lobster and seafood platter for appetizer and that is a terrific. I was surprised how large the portion is.

Leave room for their pizza. It is served piping hot and the crust is crunchy. I have tried pizzas in many parts of the world and to me, this is likely the best Pizza I have ever tasted.

The service is also very good.