“Terrific hotel close to a lot bu not the center”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Stockholm, Sweden
“Terrific hotel close to a lot bu not the center”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I stayed at two different rooms in this hotel in August.
The water in the pool was somewhat cold but clean. Breakfast was very good and with multiple choices. Rooms were very new with nice size kitchen. Rooms were very quiet and clean. Nice dinner for four weekdays. Free parking. Good internet. Close to Vaughan mills outlet (I think largest in Canada and lots of other stuff).
You need however a car to get to center of Toronto and takes about 30 minutes if it is not during rush hour, very nice staff.
The best size of indoor safe boxes where you can even put your computer etc inside.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear screenname060309,
Thank you for your great review of our Hotel. It is always nice to hear from an International Traveller and I appreciate you sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
Bill Forrest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
montreal, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My family and I had a great time and enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We took full advantage of all amenities. Food was excellent and staff was very professional and helpful. I would It is very close to all of the places that we wanted to go to (lego discovery center, Wonderland, and shopping) Being located right beside the highway made getting to places very easy. Also, with a Walmart extremely close by, made getting any odds and ends that we need that much easier.

1 Thank Kevin N
Dear Kevin N,
At the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, we are all very happy that you enjoyed your experience while with us.
We look forward to Welcoming You Home Again in the near future.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our family was looking forward to our stay at this hotel based on reviews and ratings. I am a regular Hilton brand user and frequent traveller.The Hotel has a modern contemporary décor as depicted, many of the front line staff are friendly and greeted myself with a good morning/afternoon etc.

In saying this greetings and décor do not translate into room cleanliness. Upon arriving in our suite we immediately noticed the kitchen cupboards were grimy, finger print laden as was much of the furniture faces throughout room.

The bathroom vent was plugged with dirt, shower surround had mould and mildew build-up and it was obvious from left over debris that the rug had not been vacuumed, nor had a crevice tool be used around the perimeter of room in quite some time. As anyone knows, this level of dirt does not accumulate overnight.

I notified the front desk who indicated they would take care of issues the following morning as we would be out of the room most of the day. Upon our return, noticed the vent had been cleaned, tub surround was better, but visible mould on grout remained and rugs had not been vacuumed.

Upon check-out I indicated to front desk clerk my level of disappointment with cleanliness. The clerk smiled/nodded and then pushed my receipt across the desk indicating I was all set to go and I was dismissed, more than happy to take 100% of my money for a mediocre stay.

In an era where bedbugs have returned and awareness heightened with regards to allergies and health problems associated with mould, this lack of attention to detail is not acceptable. When leaving home I do not want to pay over $200/night to live in a prior guests dirt/filth.

There are many other hotels in this area to choose from and I will not be returning to this hotel based on how I was dismissed after reporting issues/concerns over level of cleanliness.

5 Thank bestfamilyadventures
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear bestfamilyadventures,
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us.
I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room and apologize for this experience. We work hard to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation.
I will be working with my housekeeping team to prevent this from happening in the future and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further. If you would kindly reach out to me at my email address bill.forrest@hilton.com so that we can connect directly.
I sincerely hope that after speaking with you that you will consider staying with us again.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2013

we stayed here as it was close to canadas wonderland - only 7 minutes away modern appliances in the full kitchenette modern decor fresh and lots of options for the breakfast buffet which was included in the fantastic rate of $150 for a sunday night - including the tax - i am very particular in where i stay and what i eat, and this hotel most definitely met the mark the pool area was not up to my standards, but the rest of the hotel 'rocked' so i let it slide

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan. We look forward to your return!
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The morning breakfast included in the rate is a major selling feature/influencing factor for staying at this property. Unfortunately, this was the feature that was most disappointing during our stay BOTH mornings. The first day was the worst. There was no yogurt left (they eventually brought some out, but we were already done). There was only 1 clean bowl by the cereal dispensors (and one dirty bowl that was useless). Both juice dispensers were empty. The bread area had 2 COMPLETELY empty trays and there was no bread and there were no pastries on the top 2 trays and the bottom tray had only 2 english muffins and 2 garlic bagels. The large bowl of mixed fruit had less than a handful of fruit scattered amongst the juice in the bottom. My girlfriend needed a piece of toast to take with some medication, and we couldn't find anyone to assist us, so I popped over to the front desk to ask for a piece of bread. The front desk was courteous and called over to the kitchen. A woman then came out of the kitchen and chastised my girlfriend for seeking help from the front desk. The only good thing about the breakfast was the coffee and the flavoured creamers. I complained to the front desk staff, who didn't even let me finish venting all my concerns, but cut me off and said "Management will be notified." I thanked her and told her I hoped it would be better the next day.
Sadly, the second day was a repeat of the first, but at least they seemed to be trying to keep up with the traffic as there were some food & beverage staff members trying to replenish the buffet. An additional issue that second day was that the only available tables in the food area were dirty and full of used plates, silverware and glasses, so we cleaned off our own table so that my family had a place to sit to eat breakfast. In addition, the pool was VERY cold, so the kids had a quick swim, but no adults went in. The actual room was decent and pretty clean with the exception of some long, black pubic hairs in the bathroom (tub and near the toilet), which kind of grossed me out.
On a positive note, the air conditioning worked well and it was nice to have 2 televisions so that the kids could watch their shows while we got ready each day. Location was good for getting to Canada's Wonderland and the rate was reasonable.

2 Thank DrChantler
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear DrChantler,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your time at our hotel.
I apologize for the quality of food and service you experienced and I will use your comments as I work to improve this aspect of our offerings.
DrChantler, we are very greatful for your wonderful TripAdvisor review you gave us last year and I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in our area.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the two bedroom, two bathroom suite comfortably accommodated our family of four adults. Service from staff was welcoming and knowledgeable. Location is very convenient for any outing in the entire region. Would stay here again without hesitation

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Hanny T,
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. I appreaciate you pointing out the value of our two bedroom suite. This suite has one room with two queen beds and a separate bedroom with one king bed making it ideal for large families. The large living room also has a pull out couch.
We are all very pleased that you will be staying with us again!
KY, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

great staff, great food, clean and neat rooms. I travel 40 weeks a year and this is the place I look forward to be at. I live in and close to the best BBQ states in the US. With that being said one of the ladys said that the night meal was BBQ, I said to myself not me I'm in Canada. Turned out to be some of the best I have every had.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jim S,
Thank you for the great review! My Food and Beverage Team really enjoyed your comment about their BBQ Dinner.
Jim S, we look forward to your return Home!