“Second time staying here was disappointing”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Detroit, Michigan
“Second time staying here was disappointing”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The morning breakfast included in the rate is a major selling feature/influencing factor for staying at this property. Unfortunately, this was the feature that was most disappointing during our stay BOTH mornings. The first day was the worst. There was no yogurt left (they eventually brought some out, but we were already done). There was only 1 clean bowl by the cereal dispensors (and one dirty bowl that was useless). Both juice dispensers were empty. The bread area had 2 COMPLETELY empty trays and there was no bread and there were no pastries on the top 2 trays and the bottom tray had only 2 english muffins and 2 garlic bagels. The large bowl of mixed fruit had less than a handful of fruit scattered amongst the juice in the bottom. My girlfriend needed a piece of toast to take with some medication, and we couldn't find anyone to assist us, so I popped over to the front desk to ask for a piece of bread. The front desk was courteous and called over to the kitchen. A woman then came out of the kitchen and chastised my girlfriend for seeking help from the front desk. The only good thing about the breakfast was the coffee and the flavoured creamers. I complained to the front desk staff, who didn't even let me finish venting all my concerns, but cut me off and said "Management will be notified." I thanked her and told her I hoped it would be better the next day.
Sadly, the second day was a repeat of the first, but at least they seemed to be trying to keep up with the traffic as there were some food & beverage staff members trying to replenish the buffet. An additional issue that second day was that the only available tables in the food area were dirty and full of used plates, silverware and glasses, so we cleaned off our own table so that my family had a place to sit to eat breakfast. In addition, the pool was VERY cold, so the kids had a quick swim, but no adults went in. The actual room was decent and pretty clean with the exception of some long, black pubic hairs in the bathroom (tub and near the toilet), which kind of grossed me out.
On a positive note, the air conditioning worked well and it was nice to have 2 televisions so that the kids could watch their shows while we got ready each day. Location was good for getting to Canada's Wonderland and the rate was reasonable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DrChantler
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear DrChantler,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your time at our hotel.
I apologize for the quality of food and service you experienced and I will use your comments as I work to improve this aspect of our offerings.
DrChantler, we are very greatful for your wonderful TripAdvisor review you gave us last year and I sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in our area.
Bill Forrest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the two bedroom, two bathroom suite comfortably accommodated our family of four adults. Service from staff was welcoming and knowledgeable. Location is very convenient for any outing in the entire region. Would stay here again without hesitation

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Hanny T,
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review. I appreaciate you pointing out the value of our two bedroom suite. This suite has one room with two queen beds and a separate bedroom with one king bed making it ideal for large families. The large living room also has a pull out couch.
We are all very pleased that you will be staying with us again!
KY, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

great staff, great food, clean and neat rooms. I travel 40 weeks a year and this is the place I look forward to be at. I live in and close to the best BBQ states in the US. With that being said one of the ladys said that the night meal was BBQ, I said to myself not me I'm in Canada. Turned out to be some of the best I have every had.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Jim S,
Thank you for the great review! My Food and Beverage Team really enjoyed your comment about their BBQ Dinner.
Jim S, we look forward to your return Home!
Toronto,Canada
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this location this past weekend and overall it was a good stay. The breakfast was good and the bed was really comfy. The door to my room did stick a bit so sometimes when I thought it was closed it was not cause it stuck a bit. Also the bedroom wall I could hear my next door neighbour when the went to the bathroom but not too often. All in all an ok stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My whole experience at this hotel was amazing....from the moment I arrived, it was a positive service experience and a fantastic suite hotel. The hotel is clean, well appointed, and the included breakfast AND dinner was honestly a surprise. The rooms are fantastic, with Whirlpool appliances in the kitchenettes, and amazing amenities in the rooms. Very comfortable and uber clean, the hotel is an oasis. Heading to Vaughan, Vaughan Mills Mall (2 stops on the 400 away) or Canadas Wonderland? Consider this one!! It's great.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet - South facing rooms view Hwy 7 and Weston Rd; North facing rooms look towards V...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Tim W,
Thank you for the Fantastic review of our Hotel and thank you for posting your own pictures of your Suite. I also appreciate your recommendation to people travelling to the Vaughan Area and we look forward to your return.
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Am writing this review a few months after visiting, but just wanted to say how well run this hotel is, what a treat the lovely linen is and how convenient to have a breakfast added in, nice touch.
also want to mention the lovely ladies who run the breakfast room, they never forget you, and are so king going out of their way to always accommodate. this hotel is perfect, with a perfect manager, look forward to returning

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was looking for a nice room with breakfast included close to Canada's Wonderland and boy, did we hit the jackpot! This place is incredible. Suite was nicely decorated and large - it had a nice, upgraded kitchen, sleeper sofa in main living area and the separate spacious bedroom had two queens and another TV! It was quiet (even though by the highway) and a short drive to Canada's Wonderland and the shopping mall. Both were minutes away. Bonus - we were there during the week and enjoyed free dinner, too! The kids enjoyed the pool; I enjoyed the friendly service and all the space in the room. The bathroom vanity area was not closed off from the bedroom area but that did not bother us. I will sum it up by saying this was our first experience at a Homewood Suites and because of it, we now search for one in every city we travel to. Thank you, Homewood Suites, for a great family stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family