The morning breakfast included in the rate is a major selling feature/influencing factor for staying at this property. Unfortunately, this was the feature that was most disappointing during our stay BOTH mornings. The first day was the worst. There was no yogurt left (they eventually brought some out, but we were already done). There was only 1 clean bowl by the cereal dispensors (and one dirty bowl that was useless). Both juice dispensers were empty. The bread area had 2 COMPLETELY empty trays and there was no bread and there were no pastries on the top 2 trays and the bottom tray had only 2 english muffins and 2 garlic bagels. The large bowl of mixed fruit had less than a handful of fruit scattered amongst the juice in the bottom. My girlfriend needed a piece of toast to take with some medication, and we couldn't find anyone to assist us, so I popped over to the front desk to ask for a piece of bread. The front desk was courteous and called over to the kitchen. A woman then came out of the kitchen and chastised my girlfriend for seeking help from the front desk. The only good thing about the breakfast was the coffee and the flavoured creamers. I complained to the front desk staff, who didn't even let me finish venting all my concerns, but cut me off and said "Management will be notified." I thanked her and told her I hoped it would be better the next day.
Sadly, the second day was a repeat of the first, but at least they seemed to be trying to keep up with the traffic as there were some food & beverage staff members trying to replenish the buffet. An additional issue that second day was that the only available tables in the food area were dirty and full of used plates, silverware and glasses, so we cleaned off our own table so that my family had a place to sit to eat breakfast. In addition, the pool was VERY cold, so the kids had a quick swim, but no adults went in. The actual room was decent and pretty clean with the exception of some long, black pubic hairs in the bathroom (tub and near the toilet), which kind of grossed me out.
On a positive note, the air conditioning worked well and it was nice to have 2 televisions so that the kids could watch their shows while we got ready each day. Location was good for getting to Canada's Wonderland and the rate was reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're staying with us for a few days or longer, we are committed to your comfort and convenience. All guests are invited to enjoy our daily Complimentary Suite Start Buffet Breakfast, as well as our Welcome Home evening reception presented from 5:30pm to 7:30pm Monday to Thursdays. The Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan offers the latest in all suites, residential-style accommodations and is the newest of the area's extended stay hotels. Our Hotel is close to Canada's Wonderland, Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre, Vaughan Sports Village, and IKEA. Our spacious studio, one and/or two-bedroom suites feature separate living and sleeping areas. Each has a fully-equipped kitchen with full-size refrigerator, microwave, two-burner stove and dishwasher. MAKE YOURSELF AT HOME! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Toronto Vaughan Hotel Vaughan
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Toronto Vaughan Ontario