“Fun for the whole family”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Windsor, Canada
“Fun for the whole family”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood suites for 3 nights with 2 little ones (6 & 3). The 1 bedroom suite worked perfect for us. The beds were very comfortable. The kitchen with the full fridge was also a nice option to have. We were about a 5 minute drive away from Wonderland, which worked out perfect. We were able to go early and come home for an afternoon rest and go back after dinner. The dinner that was included was also very good. I would definitly stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear t2013csv,
I sincerely thank you for the wonderful review of our Hotel.
I was happy to read that you had a fantasitc time at Wonderland and what a great idea to split the day in half while at the park.
Our one bedroom suites are a perfect setup for a family of 4. The queen size pullout sofa in the living area and the separate bedroom area with a king size bed gives you all the privacy you need.
We hope to see you again real soon and thanks again!
Bill Forrest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Everything about this Hotel was great - from the Staff to the rooms to the breakfast.....very close to Canda's Wonderland. Super clean and affordable. Highly recommend......also great shopping and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear jandlmom,
We greatly appreciate your recommendation and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you point out there is great shopping available at the Vaughan Mills Centre, Outlet Shopping and we are also very close to IKEA. There is more to do in Vaughan than just Wonderland!
Thank you once again.
Quebec, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Excellent place to stay when planning to go to Canada Wonderland. Around 10 minutes form Hotel. Very good quality and food is included (Breakfast and Dinner) in pricing. Very nice choice of meals. I choose the 2 queens bedroom and was very suprise of the space that we had (2 adults and 3 childreen).

Very clean and room and done every day. Also, and not the less, you have access to Washer and Dryer on site so you can do you laundry the last night before leaving. Less to think about when you arrive home. I DO RECOMMENDED. I give a 5 starts to Homewood suites in Vaughan

Dear Jacques R,
Thank you for your wondferful recommendation and the 5 Star review. I am glad that you enjoyed our Suite Start Hot Buffet Breakfast and our Light Dinner we offer Monday to Thursday. Thank you also for choosing to stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan and we hope to see you again soon.
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed August 15, 2012

As grandparents, we wanted to create a wonderful memory for our daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren. The reception staff (Catalina, I believe) was most helpful and professional. Our room was impeccable -- we received a telephone call about fifteen minutes after our arrival to ensure everything in our room was to our satisfaction. We were very impressed with this gesture. Our housekeeping staff (Ming) left us notes to wish us a great day and again, we were impressed by this sign of appreciation. She also ensured to mention that if we needed anything, to just leave her a note.

Yes, the breakfast was crowded and individuals were scrambling to find a table, utensils, etc. but the staff were always professional and courteous. As the breakfast is included in our Suite package, we found everything we needed to have a satisfying start to our day.

We will definitely stay there again and recommend this venue to our family and friends. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, overlooking the highway but heard very little noise so found it quite pl...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Brian171,
Thank you for the Wonderful Review and recommendation! I am very pleased that we were able to assist with the creation of a wonderful memory.
I greatly appreciate that you recognized Catalina and Ming in your review and will share your comments with them.
Looking forward to the next time we see you!
Sincerely
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Best stay we've ever had at a hotel! Thank you! Rooms spacious, bathrooms very clean, breakfast was delicious and had quite a variety. Beds were conifer than home! The only recommendations I would have was that the air conditioning was actually a little too cold, and I would have preferred more electrical outlets in the bathrooms for curling irons, blow dryer, electric shaver etc...

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Manilche,
Thank you right back for the wonderful review and I am very pleased that you had a great time. The air conditioning units in all our suites are individually controlled and can be changed to your specifications. They are also motion sensitive and come on the moment you enter your suite.
Thank you againg and we look forward to your return.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at Homewood Suites Vaughan again this year - this time we picked a two-bedroom two-bathroom suite. The room was very large - you could easily sleep eight with three beds and a sleeper sofa. The "living room" was huge and both bedrooms were spacious as well. The second bathroom was a great feature with two girls getting ready for an early departure to camp in Algonquin. Once again, the little pack of popcorn was a big hit with them.

Check-in was easy and quick, and check-out was effortless too. Breakfast was good - the fresh waffles are a treat. I don't know if it's possible, but a jug of real Canadian maple syrup would be a nice touch instead of the individual packs of breakfast syrup.

My only criticism would be pretty minor - but the suite (223) was located on the west end of the hotel, and the very bright parking lot light shone in around the blackout shades on the bedroom windows - particularly the south bedroom where I think the shade was about 2 inches too short. It was surprising how bright that light was. I was able to roll up a towel to block out the bottom, but slightly larger blackouts would be much appreciated.

We'll definitely be back again next year.

Dear Phantompiper,
Thank you for your wonderful review and returning again to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan.
I have challenged my Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments to come up with a solution for the south bedroom of Suite 223 as the exterior light is located just outside the window.
We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to your return next year!
Sincerely
North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I often visit Tornto for both business and pleasure. My family has stayed here about twelve times over the past two years. What was once a great family hotel has gone downhill. The food is now terrible at both breakfast and dinner. We had to wait 1.5 hours for check in (we arrived on time) they changed our room three times before we received keys. When I asked for a comment card, I was given a staff recognition card to praise service, when I told the front desk "sorry but my comment isn't a positive one, she said thats ok just write it on there any way... lots of people do". She wasn't at all interested in my concern, or how to rectify any issue I may of had. She didn't even ask. I have never written a review before, nor have I ever complained to the hotel. I know lots of people who work in the hospitality business and they would be appauled. I realize that not every stay can be perfect, but the total disrespect for service I have seen this weekend isn't a coincidence. I really think this is a new trend for this hotel. I can't believe this is a Hilton. I will say though, the rooms are nice... but that is it.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with friends, they offer a limited amount of adjoining rooms. We enjoy this fe...
3 Thank David D
Dear David D,
Please accept my sincerest apologies that we did not meet your expectations during this visit. I am glad that I was able to speak to you directly and hear your concerns before you departed the hotel.
I am sorry that the check-in process took so long and that your concerns were not addressed right then an there. I wish to thank you and your other party for agreeing to give us another chance to prove ourselves to you once again.
You have my contact information, so please contact me directly for your next visit to the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan.