“Close to Wonderland”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel has only been open for about a year. It's very clean and spacious.
It's conveniently located near Canada's Wonderland and offer a stay with park access pass.
Although it's convenient to get the package deal, you could save money on the park pass buying it online instead.

The only downfall I would give it is that they don't yet offer in room pay per view movies and their breakfast brunch was overcooked and dry. They leave it too long.

Staff is very courteous and helpful and I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear Love2travelOttawa,
Thank you for your recommendation with our proximity to Canada's Wonderland.
I am sorry to hear that you found our hot buffet items that day to be dry. I sincerely hope that you found the other items like the fruit cocktail, varieties of yogurts, cereal, make your own waffles and freshly baked goods more appealing.
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great spot to stay. We stayed July 23, 2012. The room was spotless. Shortly after arrival, we heard a knock at our door and were given bottled water and a welcome letter. Breakfast was very good with many choices. You could easily eat a healthy meal to begin the day. Their "light" meal at the end of day was far from small, although we didn't take advantage of it. The full kitchen was useful. Having a recycle box in the room is a good idea. The only drawback to recycling though is there's no plastic bag in the garbage pails for apple cores, etc. We have already recommended this to our friends if they're in the area. We plan to return if we take another trip soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear VLS_46,
What a great review. Thank you! I apreciate you mentioning our Suite Start Complimentary Breakfast and our "Light" meal offered Monday to Thursday.
You recognise our recyling efforts in your review. I would like to clarify that we do not place plastic bags in the garbage pails as part of our recyling efforts. With 140 Suites and two garbage pails in each suite, we are trying to do our part in not sending 102,200 bags per year to landfill sites. We will reconsider this decision as it keeps being brought to our attention as being missed. You are correct that people tend not to use the pail when the bag is not there.
Thank you for the recommendation to your friends and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

What a great hotel. The staff are superb nice. Yummy afternoon reception and morning breakfast. My kids enjoy their pool time, especially they supply couple of swimming noodles and inflatable football for kids to play.

Prefect location to Ikea, Vaughan Mills shopping mall, Wal-Mart and other family fun spot.

Interior colour scheme very trendy and very comfortable. The room is spotless. I will definitely stay at this Homewood Suites again next time we visit Vaughan area.

Dear Manychoice T,
Thank you so much for your recommendation to families traveling to the Vaughan area. I also appreciate you mentioning all the other attractions that Vaughan has to offer inorder to make it a Great Mini-Vacation!
We look forward to the next time you come and stay with us!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is the second time that I've stayed at Homewood Suites, and it is awesome. It is great to see a wonderful, friendly and helpful staff. I cannot emphasize enough how pleasant our stay was. If you're going to be in Vaughan, this is the place to stay. I don't normally write reviews for hotels but I couldn't pass up on letting others know how much I enjoy this hotel. Keep up the good work!

Dear Klaudia N,
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review of my team and hotel. Your review will be shared with my entire staff and I am sure it will put a smile on their faces! It is our pleasure to serve you and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I try to stay at Hilton hotels when I can, so that influenced my decision to stay here. However, the deciding factor was the price per suite. There were 7 of us and that narrowed our choices. But we found this hotel about 5 minutes from the park with 2 bedroom suites that could easily sleep 8.

There is a weekday meal included at dinner time as well as a hot breakfast. And the hotel is fairly new and in very good shape. The pool is average, fitness center is a bit small. However, for the family visiting Wonderland, these are superior accommodations to anything in the area that I have seen. And so close too!

Room Tip: I like white noise when I sleep but the A/C units in our room were actually pretty quiet
2  Thank jjb5199
billforrest, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto Vaughan, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear JJB5199,
Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I am glad to hear that we were able to comfortably accommodate your family of 7. I am sure with that many in your family that you enjoyed the value of the complimentary Suite Start Breakfast and Light Dinner Reception Monday to Thursday.
Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Vaughan, Ontario On July 1st 2012 for one night. The rooms are modern, nicely appointed, impeccably clean with a very comfortable bed. All amenities available, including a full kitchen. Staff was friendly. Wi-Fi is free and of good speed in the rooms and all over the property. Breakfast is included, coffee is available at all times. Free newspaper in the morning. Only wrong note is that the room was non-smoking, but there was a faint smoke smell in it that we could feel upon entering. It wasn't strong enough to be uncomfortable though. Loby was nice, but lacked sufficient lounging areas, with only a couple of couches and 4 armchairs. It's a nice family hotel, but also a good choice for the business traveler. We asked for a checkout extension and staff was accomodating giving us the extra 30 minutes we wanted. Vending machines and ice are well stocked. Trash can in the kitchen didn't have a plastic bag in it, but we didn't use it, so we didn't care. All in all an agreeable experience to be definitely repeated!

Room Tip: There is no A/C in the hallways, but they are not too bad and the rooms have A/C. Staying on the las...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rania G

Dear Rania G,
Thank you for your recommendation for both Family and Corporate Travel. We enjoy being your home away from home whether traveling on business or pleasure. We hope that we will see you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was impressed with this hotel, however, as always, there are areas for improvement. As I have read with other reviews, there is no sink, mirror, or trash can in the bathroom. You actually have to step outside into the 'breezway' to make use of these which is not always conducive when you are travelling with teenagers.

Another complaint of mine is that the view outside the room was horrible...should really look into this. The pool was great but it would have been so much nicer if there was an outdoor one. As well, there was no outdoor seating out around the hotel if you just wanted to sit outside and relax. There is a mini-golf set-up outside yet there is nowhere for anyone to sit and watch :(

On a positive note, rooms were very clean and one of the two beds in our room was really comfortable. It was very quiet at nighttime when you were ready for sleep. Breakfast and suppers were OK...not really the type of meals that teenagers and young children would prefer. Personally I was dissappointed to not have at least once had a traditional 'eggs and bacon' type of breakfast.

Finally, I have to say that staff were very friendly and greeted you at the door with a smile:)

Dear 992Nicole,
Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel. We value your opinion and as you say there is always room for improvement. This is always our focus.
You mention our bathroom confirguration in your review and I just want to let you know that this is the standard that all Homewood Suites bathroom and vanity areas are designed. The toilet and shower/bath tub are separated by a door to the vanity area. Please refer to the Travellers Photos for a picture of the vanity area.
I do apologise that the lot to the east of the Hotel has yet to be developed. An Office Tower will be located on this site in the near future.
Thank you again for your opinion and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.
Sincerely