“Spot on”

Ranked #3 of 39 things to do in Vaughan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canada's Wonderland is home to the most exhilarating collection of rides, roller coasters and water park fun in all of Canada. Located just North of Toronto, the park features 69 exciting rides including Leviathan - Canada's tallest and fastest rollercoaster. New for 2014, experience Wonder Mountain's Guardian - an interactive 4D dark ride. Kids can unearth fossils inside Dinosaurs Alive! - A seven acre animatronic dinosaur park featuring over 40 life-sized dinosaurs. Starlight Spectacular, a multidimensional light and sound experience will amaze guests nightly throughout the summer. On weekends in October, celebrate Halloween fun with Camp Spooky and Halloween Haunt. For more information or to purchase tickets for as low as $39.99, plus HST, please visit our website.
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Pros: Great ride selection, awesome shows, fair food pricing

Cons: Lines were kinda long (but not unexpected)

If I had to choose one theme park that I've been to in the last few years to recommend, Canada's Wonderland would be heading the charts. They have a great selection of rides and roller coasters. The coasters vary from the basic wooden roller coaster, to great steel ones. Some are long, some are high. Some you stand up, some you lie down and "fly". Its a crazy good mix.

Make sure you check out the new Wonder Mountain's Guardian. Its a 4D interactive ride. Its well executed and fun. Worth the line.

The shows were amazing for this year. I was especially impressed with Dimensions: A cirque experience. It was extremely well made, presented and was a ton of fun. I was thoroughly impressed, and was probably my favorite part of visiting the park.

Food - always a scary topic at theme parks. Lets say I was pleasantly surprised with this park. Yes, the prices are higher than regular, but not too much. It actually really surprised me. I think the managers know how to make a profit without gouging the public. My recommendation is to head to pizza pizza and get the panzeroti deal. Its a good price for a fair amount of food - and you get a drink.

They have the deal for refillable drink cups, which is a great idea...however, be aware that not all the rides have boxes on the other side to store your drink, and some have them but wont allow you to store your drink, so think twice about buying a refillable cup. Lockers are pricey.

Let me know if this helps!

There are newer reviews for Canada's Wonderland

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We visited Canada's wonderland this past August (free passes which REALLY helped!!). After reading reviews we decided to go when it first opened. Parking cost is appalling at $20! We still got close to the park so don't spend $25! We were able to get on a few of the good rides without any line-up for about 45 mins. After that though the times increased from 10-40. I think the most we spent in line was about 1 hour? We brought a cheap back pack with water and you can leave that on the side of the ride (no need to rent locker) I also managed to sneak in a few protein bars). Lunch was pizza pizza ($$) but probably normal for parks. The rides were pretty good and the kids had fun. A few rides were totally not worth the wait (boo buster & ghoster coaster in kidsville). DO NOT BOTHER! We did not go on any of the water rides or park. I would definitely go again. If my kids were older or was just with adults the fast passes would be worth it (if you only go once a year or once every few years and want to get on the good rides). They are not worth it if you have young children (younger than 8 or less than 48"). Overall, rides were pretty good but the price of the parking, games & food is hard to look past. Solid 3.5.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We have just had a two week holiday in Toronto/Kawarthas areas, and were most impressed with how pleasant and helpful the average Canadian person was that we came into contact with, and started to wonder if there were any grumpy Canadians, well they work at Canada's Wonderland.
I had pre-booked tickets on the Internet which were on offer, the initial price you see does not include tax and a transaction charge but when all added up and converted into pounds came to a reasonable £79 for a family of four adults. Then there was the question of a fast pass, on the day we wanted to go on August 19th for just our two boys it would of been an additional £95, and although the entry tickets allowed entry once over a two week period the fast pass had to be for a specific date, so if for any reason we had failed to get there on that date we would loose the £95, so I didn't buy the fast pass. As it turned out we did go on the Tuesday and it was a nice day so the park was busy and every ride was a one hour + waiting time, so in hindsight the fast pass would of been a good idea, but mind,you are looking at £269 for all four of us to get in and a fast pass each, this is before you buy any of the food inside. Having read reviews on the parks fast food outlets I was aware of the reported high cost, with outgoing into great detail the food outlets were slow, food very average and overpriced but the biggest thing for me was that consistently the staff on these outlets were grumpy, unmotivated, and at times just plain rude to customers, and having been to Disney/Universal in Florida they obviously required training in basic customer service, but at least I had found the elusive grumpy Canadian. However best advice is that opposite the parks car park ( we parked opposite Leviathan ) and across the road was a complex of shops including a number of restaurants, ie Subway, Wings & Ribs, etc, plenty of people were crossing over to these restaurants or sitting on the grassed areas in the car park having a picnic, you get stamped on your hand on leaving the park which allows re entry. Don't get me wrong Canada's Wonderland has a number of great rides equal and in some cases better than Disney/ Universal, ie Leviathan, but due to the all day long crowds we only got on eight rides, (consider the fast pass) it was also a very clean park, and despite the grumpy staff we had a good day and a great holiday in a lovely country.

3  Thank Gary M
Reviewed August 28, 2014

We were visiting Toronto with kids and wanted a water park. We had heard BAD THiNGS about Wild Water Kingdom so we decided to go to Canada's Wonderland, despite it mainly being an amusement park. But actually it turned out the water park was amazing. And then afterward we also went on a few rides in the amusement park. Great value and loads and loads to do.
A few quibbles. They make you pay a parking fee. This place is miles out, middle of nowhere, so most people drive. And they make you PAY to park. That stinks. Once inside, everything is overpriced, food, lockers, you name it... So try and take your own food, even if you have to sneak it past the diligent security staff who search your bags.
It's pretty crowded, but show me an amusement park or water park that isn't in peak season.
I'd recommend this place but be aware of the usual tiresome rip offs.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

I'll start with prices
$169.98 for 3 regular admissions no food pass, no fast lane just basic admission into the park.
$20 just to park, about 1/2 mile away, no tram service, no visible security, no cameras
$35 for a 16" cheese pizza, and 3 medium fountain drinks, had to wait 45 minutes for them to cook it, after waiting in line for 20 minutes to order it. The straw dispenser had brown mold in the bottom of it, the straws were not wrapped, just sitting in this goo. We went on a Thursday hoping it wouldn't be too crowded, we arrived at 12:10pm, we left at 6pm, in that time we were able to ride 3 rides due to long wait times. We spent 45 minutes in the water park, the wave pool was a joke, the waves were about hip high, our local water park easily has double size waves. So in summarizing, drive 3 hours from Rochester, NY, spend $225 to get on 3 rides, and splash pathetic wave pool, never again, in my opinion a deceiving money grab. Please give me 1 good reason parking is $20, kinda sets the tone for the rest of the visit.

2  Thank Chad H