“Invest in the fast lane pass”

Canada's Wonderland
Ranked #1 of 36 things to do in Vaughan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canada's Wonderland is home to the most exhilarating collection of rides, roller coasters and water park fun in all of Canada. Located just North of Toronto, the park features 69 exciting rides including Leviathan - Canada's tallest and fastest rollercoaster. New for 2014, experience Wonder Mountain's Guardian - an interactive 4D dark ride. Kids can unearth fossils inside Dinosaurs Alive! - A seven acre animatronic dinosaur park featuring over 40 life-sized dinosaurs. Starlight Spectacular, a multidimensional light and sound experience will amaze guests nightly throughout the summer. On weekends in October, celebrate Halloween fun with Camp Spooky and Halloween Haunt. For more information or to purchase tickets for as low as $39.99, plus HST, please visit our website.
vampie
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Invest in the fast lane pass”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have gone to Wonderland often and when I have gone in the summer time, the line-ups have always been crazy long especially for the new rides. This year, I went twice: once with the fast lane pass and once without. When I went without the pass, I got in a total of about 17 rides. With the fast lane pass, I rode the two main attractions Behemoth and Leviathan, alone 17 times.

The pass made it easier for me to actually enjoy the park. We ate some food (expensive!), walked around, lay on the grass, took breaks between rides etc. It was more pleasant than having to join line after line and to rush around in the heat.

Besides the pass, the rides are really fun and enjoyable. The lines can be long as mentioned. The food is expensive. The tickets are also expensive but look for discounts i.e. Max convenience stores, Pizza Pizza and also google for discounts and usually something comes up.

Lastly, avoid the Halloween Haunt. I went one year and I did not enjoy myself. I generally don't find haunted houses entertaining because I do not scare easily. Combine that with the crowds and it is just annoying. It also gets really cold at night and overall, it was just not a fun night and I have never done it again.

Visited July 2013

Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Halloween LINE UP”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Wait in line to get into the parking lot. Wait in line to buy tickets. Wait in line to enter park. By that time you need to pee so GET IN LINE to use the washroom. Fend off the hard sell photography sales guy, he takes terrible photos with plain brick backgrounds anyway. Get in line to your first cheesey haunted house, 40 minutes. Same or longer for the next one. Get in line 45 minutes for a 90 second ride. Then get in a 20 minute line for mediocre french fries, which you will eat standing up in the freezing wind as there are no tables/chairs to even line up for. Pop & water starts at $3.50, I would have saved money by eating & drinking at the AIRPORT. LINE UP again for your next 2 haunted houses. Then, the grand finale to your $170 night.... After midnight, go ahead and start your car to crank the heat & thaw out. It will take you 40 MINUTES from the time you START your car to the time you LEAVE the parking lot. I know why they call it WONDERLAND... cuz you WONDER how the hell they get away with it in our home and native land??!?!

I saw 2 people in 4.5hours that may have been professional actors/contortionists in the fray, professionally costumed & made up. TWO. There were plenty of docile teens with non-professional make-up / costumes, standing around in groups talking. Yes, they were staff.

Terrible overcrowding for what would be a really fun attraction.

Hong Kong, China
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

It takes one more hour to go there by car on Oct 26-Halloween Festival.It is very scared when u r in Asylum as there are really some ghosts inside ,also you are always intercepted by some real scared devils in some parts in the park.
What excited us is some acitities such as DROP TOWER,THE FLY ,SHOCK WAVE,DRAGON FIRE,XTREME SKY FLYER,ORBITER

Ottawa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Timing is everything”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our trip to Canada's Wonderland was alright. We'd bought tickets online using a promo-code from coca cola. So paid approx. $30 per person. Went to the Haunted Wonderland one night, which was really, really, really crowded. The line ups for everything were really over the top. Half of our group left early and had no trouble getting out, the other half left at closing and spent 1.5 hours in the parking lot line up. No exaggeration there.
That's just way too long. Way, way, way too long.
Wonderland really ought to restrategize their parking lot. I expect the resident's living around the park won't allow more exits for fear of the traffic in their neighbourhoods, but really, I don't think they are benefitting from thousands of idling cars for two hours outside their neighbourhood. The park was there before they built the houses there.
We returned the next day to use the day portion of our tickets, and the line-ups were much more reasonable, and the parking lot was no problem leaving around 4:00 in the afternoon.
Food and drink prices are nuts in Wonderland. $4 for a water is simply outrageous.
So, my advice is plan ahead, get out before the crowd does and bring your own food and drink in your car...go outside to picnic for lunch or dinner.

1 Thank OttawaWJack
Simcoe, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Halloween Haunt Was Awful, DON'T BOTHER”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was given tickets that were purchased online at the Canada's Wonderland website. My group and I took our tickets to the front gate and were shocked when we were told that our tickets were for the wrong day, even though they had been ordered specifically for Friday Oct. 25th. We were redirected to guest services who told me I could "upgrade" my tickets to Friday tickets (there shouldn't even be different prices for different days). It was either drive three hours home or pay up for these tickets, so I did-- it came to $67 in total, just because we were told the tickets were for the wrong day (even though we ordered them for Friday). Once we forked over the money we were given our "upgraded" tickets and we were able to get inside. Once inside at around 7:30, we were able to ride three rides and tour two (mediocre) haunted houses-- and suddenly it was 11:30. It was an awful 4 hour experience that cost us about $200. Our group is extremely disappointed that we got screwed out of so much money at the door and we couldn't even have a good time because there were so many people. Admission prices are awful and food prices and quality are atrocious. A truly terrible experience that robs people of plenty of money that would be better spent elsewhere than this poor-quality corporate money grab. We will never, ever be returning as this was such a disappointment. Do not bother visiting.

3 Thank luminaho