“Great morning for all ages”

Reptilia Zoo and Education Centre
Ranked #4 of 37 things to do in Vaughan
More attraction details
Owner description: Reptilia is a state of the art 25,000 square foot facility complete with large exhibits showcasing hundreds of different reptiles and amphibians, from giant pythons to massive crocodiles and king cobras. Watch our Cast at work in the nursery, our food preparation area and the venomous workshop! Each day there are a variety of opportunities to interact with our animals and learn from our exceptional Cast Members during our shows, tours and animal feedings! With four reptile feedings every day, free live theatre shows or zoo keeper tours and a chance to interact with the reptiles and the Zoo Cast, Reptilia is a destination worth visiting. Reptilia's Zoo is the first of its kind and it adds another destination to Vaughan's already growing list of attractions.
Montreal, Canada
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Great morning for all ages”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Let me say snakes and creepy crawly things are not my cup of tea, but when you have a 6 year old grandson sometime you have to face your fears. This was a great attraction,not too long a car ride. There were lots of exhibits to look at and read about. A touch and feel area, also a theatre where live animals were brought out for you to learn about and touch. The animal keepers were very friendly and informative. We were also there at feeding time, which was mesmerizing to watch. There are also scheduled feeding times during the day.
The admission price was very fair, we took in a few snacks also.
I would recommend this for a morning or afternoon. They also do birthday arrives and school groups.

Visited March 2014

• Arabic first
Richmond Hill, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Better than Expected”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We bought the groupons and went to Reptilia. It is fun and educational. There are lots of snakes, turtles, crocodiles, alligators, etc. and some of them are huge. You can see most of these animals very closely. You can also touch some of the reptiles in the show. A good place to go for 2-3 hours in the cold.

Visited February 2014
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Staff need more training”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The place has what you need for feeder food, but the staff is always new, inexperienced and confused. They try their best, but they need more training. Expect to wait an absurd amount of time for simple tasks to be performed, and avoid the weekends as this place is a zoo (literally and figuratively)

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Blue_Planet_Explorer
86 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Good indoor place”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I visited reptilia zoo in Vaughn yesterday, it was ok place to see, I liked many things in it like couple of big crocodiles, huge snakes and some of other weird snake shapes. Too many different lizards which I find all the same. The boring part was that none of these animals were doing any thing. All of them were still and sleeping in the corner. Not much fun. I liked but I felt that it was a bit waste of money. It suppose it have some excitements and some movements with the animals in reptilia where you could see them doing things. The best part was the theatre as it gives lots of information and you are able to touch them.
I think reptilia can be more fun and excitement if the animals get training of doing some shows in their cells beside the food part. All others were ok to go

1 Thank Ronna786
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Loved it here - very clean and the animals are clearly well cared for.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I stopped in at the Reptilia Zoo this week and were very pleasantly surprised. I was worried that it would be a zoo just for small children or not well kept up, but my husband and I were fascinated by the exhibits and this was actually the cleanest reptile house I've ever been in (and that's including the huge, famous zoos we've visited). It was wonderful to see all of the animals looking so healthy, active, and alert.
The staff is also super friendly and there were a lot of fascinating little extra events where you could watch various animals being fed and handled. Really cool.
I think that this would be a great place to take small children, but it's also a great place if you're just a fan of reptiles. My husband and I got a ton of amazing pictures and spent a couple hours here, and we'll definitely be back :) I like to support places like this where the admission money is clearly going towards taking good care of the animals.

Visited December 2013