“Shopping Trip - Vaughan Mills” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre

Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Vaughan
North Bay
“Shopping Trip - Vaughan Mills”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best value for shopping at Vaughan Mills - hotel basically in parking lot and also close to Ikea and other Highway 7 box stores. Beds were so comfortable for sleeping. TV too small in room and rug was not as clean as should have been - but we had a great time!!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Elda1966,

Thank you for the positive rating and comments. I am glad to see that you found our location to Vaughan Mills and other attractions convenient. My apologies if the carpet did not appear as clean as it should be. I would like the opportunity to have it checked and steam cleaned if necessary; therefore if you could email me directly with the room number, I will have it reviewed.

Thank you once again, and please feel free to contact me by phone or e-mail.

e-mail: frank.russo@accor.com
Tel: 905-660-0212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed for a quick over night following a wedding in Vaughan. The room was a decent size and was spotless. The decor was very clean and modern. The staff were very accommodating and kind. Plenty of amenities around. Vaughan Mills Mall and Canada's Wonderland are nearby.

I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear purple_inferno,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hotel. I am happy to hear that all areas were up to your expectations.

We look forward to your next visit. Have a look on line for some of our shop and stay packages with Vaughan Mills and Wonderland in the summer months.

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel has one of the most horrible customer service representatives I have encountered thus far. My husband booked a room for this hotel over the phone. Under unfortunate circumstances, we had to cancel our reservation. The agent who booked the room for us never mentioned anything about their no refund policy (included in their email confirmation) and management refused to give us a reimbursement. Long story short, we ended up having to speak all the way up to the vice president of the company (after many weeks of phone tag), who also could not do anything for us. Funny, we were previous customers and they didn’t give a hoot. The best that they could do was give us a credit for our next visit. Too bad we live in Montreal… Recently, we emailed the company asking if we may use our credit here in the city that we live in. Surprise, surprise no answer!

Novotel, maybe try investing in CRM or CEM because as a service, your customers’ satisfaction should be top priority. As for anyone planning on a trip, just be aware that once you pay, your money is a sunk cost!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear 51234,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on our hotel. I have carefully reviewed your feedback and recall your situation. Once again, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service.

I appreciate you sharing your concerns and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Vaughan, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

Novotel is a very clean hotel, it holds a very business like and professional look, the actual hotel service from the receptions are usually very dull. Our first experience was pretty good, but my second visit I had trouble connecting to wifi. I got stuck in a dead end zone even after calling the tech line. I was then moved down to another room, but again the wifi still had its fair issues for not working or staying connected during usage.
Over all the hotel is clean and professional. The target is definitely for a more business like group.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear SaharOh,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review. I am sorry that you had problems connecting with the Wifi. We have just completed the installation of fiber optic internet throughout the hotel therefore any connection point will be sure to provide you with the fastest possible internet. In addition we are currently reviewing all wireless access points to ensure the same consistent speed in all areas. Thank you once again

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Winchester, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

The Novotel is a very new hotel in Vaughan. The location is fantastic for shoppers as it is right beside Vaughan Mills Shopping Centre and Bass Pro. Very close to Wonderland as well.
There are many good dining options near the hotel (Canyon Creek, Keg, Boston Pizza, Chuck E Cheese, etc).
The rooms are very modern with beautiful bathrooms. The showers are the best I've been in. Very spacious with great water pressure. The beds were very comfortable.
For the business traveler, having no laundry facilities on site was an extreme disappointment. Drycleaning for everyday clothing is overkill.
The bar and breakfast areas were very nice and modern, but the breakfast was the priciest I've seen, and frankly, not very good. The bar prices were also through the roof. Much more than even the upscale restaurants in the area. I would suggest avoiding food and drink at the Novotel if price is any factor.
Modern, comfortable rooms with a great washroom area make this a hotel that I would return to and recommend, especially to the Shopper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear millsy2662,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments and recommedations. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our offer and services.

It was great to hear all the positive comments for our rooms and location however sorry that our food and beverage offer was not up to your expectations. I will review with our team to ensure we continue to offer a quality product at competitive pricing.

We look forward to welcoming your back

Regards,

Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I found the room and services excellent. The only thing I found odd was there was no dresser. Plenty of closet space, but I am used to putting my clothes in a drawer. Other than that, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Frank R, General Manager at Novotel Toronto Vaughan Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Renfrew607,

I appreciate you taking the time to rate the Hotel and the strong recommendation to anyone. You comment on the drawer is very valid and I agree. It is with client feedback that allows us to continue offering excellence in value and service each day.

I am happy to inform you that we have already ordered and will installing new chest of drawers in all our guestrooms by the end of this year.

We look forward to welcoming you back