“Exceptional food and service”

255 By Alta Rossa Ristorante
Ranked #51 of 1,022 Restaurants in Vaughan
Description: PIZZA | PASTA | VINO With over 35 years in the industry 255 by Alta Rossa Ristorante provides a fresh, new & unique take on Italian Cuisine. We look forward to welcoming you to the 255 Family.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

255 by Alta Rosa has never disappointed me and my family. They have the highest quality of food. There are so many great dishes on the menu. My favorite dish is nicked name the flippy floppy deluxe. It is a surf and turf dish with salad or vegetables. You will love their pasta dishes as well. The cook Gabriella has a heart of Gold and Pat, the owner, is there always making sure our experience is as good as the last one. This is a must see on any visit to Vaughan.

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (94)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and me decided to try Italian food and went for dinner to this restaurant.
The decision was 100% right.
The combination of seafood and pasta they have is great.
The stuff is friendly and helpful with all your request.
Really we had nice dinner and I would recommend this place to everyone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited 255 last week. To me, most Italian is the same. Fried calamari. Wooden pizza. Pastas. Etc. Being of Italian heritage myself, it takes a lot for Italian food to impress me. That being said, 255 offered pretty good Italian fare. The calamari was light dusted, so not too heavy. The pizza was pretty good too. And the meat/cheese boards were plentiful--they had a mixture meats, cheese, olives etc. Overall, good Italian food. I'd go back.

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

I have eaten here 3 times in the last 2 months. We are normally a group of 6 to 10 people at a time. The wait staff here are super friendly and super attentive.
All the appetizers are delicious especially the polenta fries. The pastas are super fresh and very authentic. The pizza has the most amazing light fluffy crust we normally order a couple for appetizers because we can’t decide which one to choose from.

I highly recommend this restaurant, five stars all the way.

And they take reservations on the weekend

Reviewed August 30, 2019

My boyfriend and I went here for the first time today. When we walked in we weren't Greeted with the warmest welcome. We were advised that we would have only an hour to dine as they had a table available until 7pm and we arrive around 5:45ish. The first thing the waiter said to us in a not so jokingly manner was “so we don’t have much time to dine today so I’ll just show you the bill”. I politely pushed passed his comment and we ordered drinks. The waiter never introduced himself or stated his name. We ordered an appetizer which was bland (we got the calamari, fried). When it came time to order the entree the waiter pretty much told us what we were going to have and quickly picked up the menus and walked away before we could say anything else. The waiter and another female would constantly whisper, look over at us and quickly approach the table and then leave the without saying a word. The entrees were decent and I would rate it 4/5. I got the truffle rigatoni and my boyfriend got the lobster spaghetti. When it came time for the bill the waiter just dropped the bill on the table without and a word and quickly walked away. He then came back with the machine and once again didn’t say a word and abruptly put his hand out for my boyfriends card to put into the machine. He did not say goodbye or thanks for coming or anything or the sort at the end either.

This is a nice looking restaurant and we watched the staff be very friendly and talkative with other guests while we were treated no where close to the same as others.

Date of visit: August 2019