“Bun with Beef dip”
Review of Mill Tales Inn

Mill Tales Inn
Ranked #3 of 65 Restaurants in Tillsonburg
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Mill Tales Inn is over 138 years of Tillsonburg's history restored from an old pea & barley mill by the owners. Renovations have transformed this historical landmark into a beautiful restaurant & Inn. Enjoy casual dining and banquet rooms. Hold an event our conference room seats 35 or Banquet room seats 80. Customers can also choose to stay as a guest in one of the 1o all different them of wood I each room.6 regular rooms and 4 Jacuzzi rooms. It is also great for dinner along Little Otters River,we are known for our Fish,juicy Prime Rib and Broasted Chicken .Friendly staff and owners look forward to serving you!
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was really good and I chose the side salad with Italian dressing. The beef was good and was it was very filling. This looks like an old mill and there is a room in the back that is all glass to look out, the river is always brown. They also have rooms here to stay over night. Been here several times to eat and we really like it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Staff seems untrained. Service is poor and it is almost impossible to find a clean plate to eat from. Yuck.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I went for cragis fish and chips, during their once a month fish and chip special. We waited in line for about half and hour for a table, which isn't bad, but would be nice if there was a bigger waiting area, especially since its a hotel too. Our server was quick but did spend a few moments talking to us, but had to keep running from table to table. I think she did great given the amount of people she must have served in the hour that we were there! The food came out, fish was good, but fries were not what I expected from hand cut fries, almost not cooked enough.
Requested coconut cream pie for dessert and the server laughed and said its not offered any longer - then it should be taken off of the menu.
Over all the service was good, for what was expected of the poor girl to do, and the food was decent, for the price. I just did not enjoy where we sat. I don't want to see the servers throwing dishes on a counter, scrapping dirty plates (and not washing their hands!) making drinks and talking to each other. If i wanted that I would sit at the bar, or even at my own kitchen table with my teenagers and their friends.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The decor is nice especially if you're seated where you can view Big Otter Creek(if the window isn't steamed up). The restaurant is not as "high class" as the management seems to think it is. Service is mediocre at best. The food is good but not exceptional. It is very busy when they have a special on "Craig's Fish" which is very good but does not compare to the fish & chips at Shakers Golden Fish&Chips. All in all if you want to eat inside an old mill for the ambience go for it.

1  Thank Bill A
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I thought that we would try a local restaurant that looks so pretty. When we drove up the parking lot was full- so should be good is what we thought. We were greeted and taken to a table- that had a view of the serving station, including dirty dishes. We got to watch the wait staff microwave buns and deserts, not very appealing at all. But we thought we would try. Our drink order was taken fast by some who i think was a manager/or hostess. My husbands iced tea tasted like coke and ice tea mixed- yuck. Our waitress came fast to take our order, not once did she ask if we wanted an appetizer. I asked what beligum potatoes were- she kindly told me - then place my order (i ordered a baked potatoe and salmon) and then my husband ordered- he want a strip loin steak but the were out and the waitress suggested he have the rib eye- he was apprensive because he doesn`t like a fatty steak- but the waitress stated it was not fatty and was thick, he also ordered regular mashed potatoes with gravy on the side with his steak. After a half our wait our meals arrived. I got what i ordered, but my husband was far from in pressed- his steak was so fatty and cut so thin and the potatoes where beligum mashed with no gravy. But we were hungry so we ate. My salmon was yummy- i ate it all but when I was eating my mushy veggies i noticed a dark wirery hair under cauliflower. I had to wave down the waitress ( who I might add never came to ask how are food was). She took the plate into the kitchen and taked to the manager/owner and they walked out to the serving station and started talking to the other waitresses saying that they were taking my meal off the bill and then they all looked at me like i did something wrong. Yes cause I really wanted that hair on my plate. The next thing I knew our bill was on the table no one asked if we wanted anything else. And then we had to track our waitress down again to pay.
We will never go there again and we will be sure to tell others about the crappy service

1  Thank mrmrsbrun