“Clean and Comfy”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tillsonburg
Kitchener, Canada
“Clean and Comfy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were offered a special rate at this hotel for particapating in the CanAm Chevelle show and were assured that the car would be safe in their parking lot. We were completely happy with this place. It is clean, the beds are pretty comfortable and the staff - particularly Audrey - go out of their way to be helpful. There a quite a few restaurants close by and the coffee shop on premise is a good place for breakfast - reasonably priced with good food. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back building on the right side.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
hojotillsonburg, Owner at Howard Johnson Tillsonburg, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Thank you for your comments and especially the comments about Audrey. It always makes the front desk happy when they are recognized. Regards, Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Waterford, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

The lady at the front desk was friendly. But we had to get a room on the second floor. No elevators to help the older or handicap. The room had a odd smell. I have stayed in better and they were even cheaper. I think I would by pass this motel again. Would drive on to another town.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Oneita
hojotillsonburg, General Manager at Howard Johnson Tillsonburg, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
Thank you for your candid review. I'm sorry we were almost full when you arrived and we just had a few rooms on the second floor. A reservation requesting ground floor would have come in handy and solved this problem. If this was a problem our front desk people would have been more than happy to find you other accommadation elsewhere. We are 100 percent smoke free and I know that can sometimes smell different.
Thank you again.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Generally on a road trip, I prefer the lower end of the motel spectrum. But of the 2 other places nearby, one looked awful and the other had no wi-fi. So I sucked it up and checked in here.

Everything was pretty much OK, except the bathroom light took about a half-hour to come on (when I called the front desk, the lady said 'Just wait a while,' and sure enough, 20 minutes later, there's the light) and getting on the internet was kind of a pain.

The room had a small fridge and a microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker . . . if that's stuff you appreciate, this will work for you. Since these are all 'amenities' I don't need, I'd personally rather find a cheaper, family-owned place. But overall, a decent motel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to give us a few kind words. We are a family owned business and been here for almost 50 years.Time does fly. My wife and I have worked together here for over 40 years and have a daughter and son in the business as well as a sister, my brother-in-law and my mother. Most of our staff have been here for over 20 years and also feel like family. Howard Johnson properties are all individually owned and operated and many are family owned and operated.
simcoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

I have been staying in Tillsonburg for over 15 years in the months of DEC & JAN . I travel all over the World and I have to say The Howard Johnson is one of the best places for me to stay. QUIET COMFORTABLE & RELAXING . GOOD SERVICE and GREAT FOOD. THANKS FOR THE HOSPITALITY. GOD BLESS STEVE GAGNER CEO GAGNER & ASSOCIATES INC

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
hojotillsonburg, Owner at Howard Johnson Tillsonburg, responded to this review, February 23, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. It's wonderful to have people post their good experiences. It is us that has had the pleasure of serving you. For that I say a big thanks. God Bless.
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

Due to an unexpected horrible snow storm we had to find a place to stay. Audrey at the front desk is one of the best I have ever encountered anywhere. She helped us with everything we needed and more. (paper plates, etc) Bravo Audrey !. The rooms were very clean, the fridge and microwave were a bonus so we could warm up our meal and keep the pop cold.

Thanks for all your help Audrey ! (you know who says hi)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynsey28
hojotillsonburg, Owner at Howard Johnson Tillsonburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. It meant a lot to Audrey to see

your comments and feel that she made you feel comfortable. It's nice when your staff

are praised for their job well done. It's nice too see in these ever changing times

that basics really still count.Regards, Mark
Bracebridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2010

Stayed a Friday/Saturday in the Hotel for a hockey tournament with my son (teenager). The rooms were clean, the fridge in the room was great. The staff were nice.

However, both mornings we had to take cold showers because there was no hot water. i mentioned this to the front desk guy, and he just said that "I guess everyone was showering at the same time, the water heater is electric and can't always keep up"

other things were done well, but you have to have hot water when you want it!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank swjlow
hojotillsonburg, Owner at Howard Johnson Tillsonburg, responded to this review, January 2, 2011
Thank you for your candid review. I would have responded sooner

but I wanted to make sure all of the hot water tanks were in fact

working. They were. The guy at the desk when you checked out was

me, as I am there all weekends. Your response to mine was, " It's

not my problem." We had two hockey teams in and they had asked for

a late check-out as they both played at noon. There were 120

people in the main building who needed to shower between 10 and

11.30. I checked with the other guests and they told me the water

was warm but not hot. Ontario Hydro said I would have to have 4

times the number of heaters to keep up with the demand and supply

very hot water. We all have to be concerned with the energy we

use. We have now changed our policy and will just take 1 team at a

time and that should eliminate the hot water problem as well as a

whole host of other problems that come along with teams. Our

regular guests love the idea. Thank you for bringing this to my

attention.
Brantford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was spotless and nice and warm with fridge and micro and free bottled water.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
hojotillsonburg, Owner at Howard Johnson Tillsonburg, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
Thank you for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to the Howard Johnson Inn - Tillsonburg and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tillsonburg
BEST WESTERN Little River Inn
Travelodge Simcoe
#3 of 3 in Simcoe
#3 of 3 in Ingersoll
#2 of 3 in Saint Thomas

Been to Howard Johnson Tillsonburg? Share your experiences!