“Treated me like family!”
Review of The Mill Tales Inn

The Mill Tales Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Tillsonburg B&B and Inns
Seattle
“Treated me like family!”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The Mill Tales Inn is a charming establishment with a rustic, old-fashioned atmosphere. The rooms are beautifully decorated and each one is unique. I happened to get sick while staying here on a business trip, had no one with me to help me out, but it was ok because the proprietress of this hotel took great care of me, taking time out of her day to drive me to the ER and back, and bringing me broth and gatorade whenever I needed it. She and the whole staff really made me feel like family while I was here and I really appreciated it. I would highly recommend this hotel anytime you're in the area!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2012

the mill tales inn never changes, and that is it's downfall. when i first went there, i thought it was a decent buffet brunch. they have a little bit of everything, and the best part is the chocolate fountain (especially mixing the rice pudding with the chocolate, so good!). however after the tenth or fifteenth visit, it starts to get old. the food starts to get yucky because it's always the same. we went there for Easter brunch and again, it was the same as always. my grandparents seem to like it, on multiple simultaneous occasions, but I'm hoping i don't go back for a while. although i never know because it seems to be a favourite choice amongst my relatives!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank langtongirl

Travelers are raving about these Tillsonburg hotels

Harley
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We took my husbands mother here for her 82nd Birthday. The restaurant is very nicely decorated, but the meal itself was wonderful. I had steak cooked just the way I like it, well done but soooo tender. Hubby had prime rib, and loved it. My mother-in-law had Belgium pork chops, again very good. Our waitress was wonderful and very attentive. We mentioned at the beginning of the meal that we were celebrating a birthday and they surprised us with a candle lit cheese cake. Nice touch. We left the restaurant knowing that we will be back, and very satisfied.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
Reviewed December 30, 2011

We were visiting family in St. Thomas and wanted to try pickerel and perch before returning home to BC. My aunt recommended the Mill Tales Inn and we're really glad she did. When we arrived, we had to wait about 10 minutes for a table, which we felt was reasonable. The service was good, and our waitress very accommodating. Pig tails were the special that night. My husband was intrigued and inquired about them, but was told they were a ``meal``. We ordered the fish (pickerel and perch) which was excellent, and when my husband asked if he could just have a ``sample`` of the pig tail, the waitress very pleasantly brought him one to try. The food was delicious; however, we were disappointed that they didn`t have pie, which is reputed to be excellent. After reading the negative reviews about the service, I have to say that we had a good experience in that regard, but perhaps the problem is that the restaurant is understaffed and has difficulty accommodating large groups. Our party of three was treated well and we had no complaints.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I grew up in the Tillsonburg area but moved away some 30 years ago. One of our favourite culinary delights that we fondly remember, were family dinners including Lake Erie perch fillets. When back in Tillsonburg to visit family and friends, The Mill Tales Inn has become our restaurant of choice. The perch and pickeral dinners are a great feast for those wanting a taste of fresh local fish. It appears that my husband and I are not the only loyal patrons of The Mill Tales Inn. We visited the Inn three separate times as this past weekend and it was always busy - reservations are recommended.
My only suggestion is to put less batter on the fish - less is sometimes better. Special thanks to owner and staff of The Mill Tales Inn.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank MargCalgary_Canada
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We did not stay at the Inn itself but had dinner here on a Saturday night. The woman who took our reservation was polite and accommodating and when we arrived we were shown to a lovely table overlooking the river. Our server, Jen, was efficient and friendly. My partner's shrimp cocktail starter was well put together and very good but my oysters arrived without the bottom muscle cut - I had to do it with a butter knife and lost alot of the good stuff doing so. My partner's liver and onions were excellant but my seafood was a little overcooked. We were not offered coffee or desert and thought that our check came awfully fast. The inner dining room was 3/4 empty so they could'nt have needed the space.With a little more attention to certain details, air conditioning in the lobby so the front desk staff don't pass out from the heat, and an improvement in some dishes this place could be fabulous.

Room Tip: ask for a window table