“Below Average.”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Kingsville, Canada
“Below Average.”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

On a trip to St, Jacobs we decided to give the Stone Crock a try , wow big mistake ! Shame on me for hoping I could get a home cooked meal , I actually thought that this was the place just for that based on the history of this restaurant . Only two other people in the restaurant at lunch time should of been warning enough, but we ventured in anyways , as we were both hungry from the long ride from Windsor. As we walked in , its seems nice enough , a bit of a cozy feel to it , if there were more then 4 people now in the whole place. The waitress seemed fine , pleasant , not really exciting in terms of what types of food they had to offer. We ordered the Soup and sandwich, and the BLT cause to be honest that was about the only thing on that menu that seemed appealing kind of ....
The food was bland, very basic , something you could get at any restaurant, the soup was way to thick, and tasteless , probably the same soup they had been serving over the week.
Anyways to some it up, there are much better options in ST.Jacobs then this place , talking to some of the locals , this restaurant has really went down hill over the years ! Avoid it !

• Visited October 2013

Bruce Peninsula, Canada
“Fabulous breakfast!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We'd heard a lot of good things about the Stone Crock so decided so try it for breakfast. The food was very fresh and tasty and portions quite large. The service was second to none and our coffee cups were never empty. Bathrooms were absolutely spotless. We don't live close to St.Jacobs but will go out of our way to visit the Stone Crock again.

Waterloo, Canada
“Best Pies”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I haven't eaten in the restaurant part of the bakery, but I regularly buy a bunch of pies for various events. They are always a huge hit. My personal favorite is the strawberry-rhubarb custard streusel pie, but the pecan pie is a close second. For a short period in the summer they make a raspberry custard pie that is to die for. They told me that their top seller is their Dutch Apple pie, and it always goes first when I put them out. There are about 30 other types of pie, including peach, elderberry, cherry, lemon meringue, etc etc. In the winter they use fruit that they froze themselves. They are all strictly home made and fresh. The pastry is delicious and flaky.

The price is $10, which is more than you'd pay at the grocery store but to my mind is very good value. I used to make my own pies but I can't make anything as good as the Stone Crock Bakery.

I don't know why a previous reviewer thought that this is no longer a Mennonite establishment, but I think s/he was mistaken.

The Stone Crock also sells pies and other baked goods at the St Jacobs market... or rather, will again once the burned-down market building is replaced.

1 Thank r h
Mississauga, Canada
“Times have changed”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

After many years of going to St. Jacobs for a day trip I wanted to give my favorite place for lunch a better review than some others on trip advisor.So off we go with an open mind and positive attitude to the Stone Crock.The selection has gone down to next to nothing but if you do not know what you want you can always ask the flies.They are everywhere.Lunch ,pie ,iced tea x 2 ,50 dollars.Next time we will go elsewhere.BTW we are a 20 year patron.

Western Canada
“The same as I remember it!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I haven't been here for years but it hasn't changed. While there is a waiting period to get in it wasn't long. We opted for the buffer but there is a regular menu as well. To top it off we had the home made pie followed by a visit to their bakery. Will definitely go again.

Visited September 2013