“Always a unique experience!”
Review of Armens Cafe

Armens Cafe
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Armen always uses creativity and perfection when preparing his early day meals.
The regulars love it and first time guests will definitely return.

The menu changes often, reflecting the recipes that Armen adapts from his world travels. We are so fortunate to have him in town?

There are newer reviews for Armens Cafe

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I love Armens and count down the days for when he reopens each spring. Food is SO fresh, delicious and DIFFERENT (thank goodness, in a small town this is hard to find). Every salad is healthy and delicious and great flavour. You will never be disappointed in the food. Specials change daily. Try any of the salads, or the curried chicken quesadillas - my favourite! The coffee is fantastic too. You always get a nice hunk of focaccia with the salad. You get a TON of food for the money. I cannot say about this little gem of a restaurant in the heart of Southampton. Armen always greets us by name, and treats us so well. They only take cash (most of Southampton is like this though), so don't be disappointed when you show up with a debit card. Sit up on the rooftop patio, or at the quirky tables, or simply grab your order to-go and walk down to the beach. Whether you live here or vacation here, Armens is a must-go-to place. Only open for breakfast and lunch though. Wish I could eat all 3 meals here.

2  Thank jenny H
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

The food is always different, fresh and not the regular Saugeen Shores restaurant food. This place reminds me of a place only the locals would know about in Europe. It is by far, not fancy. It is definitely eclectic and the owner Armen has a personality of his own. Enter knowing you are there to savour their creations for as long as you like and not for his service although they have a newer outstanding waitress. I love it best after the tourists leave town but the food is always so lovely. Lots of food and great value. Highly recommended. Cash only.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Chalkboard menu detailing interesting-looking breakfasts ("from 9am to 11:30ish") and then sandwichs, soups, salads and combos until closing at 3pm. Closed Tues & Wed (or as Armen told me on the phone "We're open Thursday thru Monday.") This a small cafe on 2 floors with a uncovered 2nd floor outdoor patio run in ebullient, repartee-filled, welcoming style by two people who obviously enjoy preparing hearty, imaginative food and sharing it with others of expansive good taste and shallow pockets. My dal soup was full of flavour, nicely but not overly spiced, the "Cambodian beef" sandwich piled high and scrumptious and because I only wanted water with the combo that included a beverage was offered, without asking, a large square of lightly textured carrot cake that didn't overwhelm with sugar. Not bad for $10 and change! The smiles and banter were free and judging from the brisk, happy trade at noon on a Monday, out of season, this is a town favorite...and deservedly so.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Given the review I read before we visited for the first time today (the "hostile, dirty, hole in the wall one...") we were a little leery. Our experience was terrific. Fun and prompt service, along with eclectic and outstanding food with a great bang for the buck! We both had the huevos rancheros, and they were the best, and most inventive (tortilla on the bottom plus black beans etc) I have ever had. Very large portions and super tasty.

We had frequented a nearby (Port Elgin) and new eatery called Saffron many times this summer and were equally pleased with the variety of tasty dishes from other countries. I know there's a family connection between Armen and Jen, so he won't hava an issue with a plug for another restaurant here.

We highly recommend Armen's, and look forward to many breakfast and lunches here.

1  Thank Barrys111