The Willows Inn Bed & Breakfast
All reviewsfirst floorstayed herelake superiorwonderful viewthunder baytwo nightsdawnhostessmattressjamsfalldeckgem
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Nice stay, our room was very clean and cozy. The owner was very nice and accommodating. Our room had a great view of the lake and the breakfast was great, especially the homemade bread. This is a real treat

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2011

Really enjoyed this B&B. Dawn, the hostess, was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast menus are provided with several options that you can choose from (incl. hot and cold items) as well as being able to choose what time you want to eat between 7:30-9:30 am. No matter what you choose for breakfast, fresh local bread is available self serve style to go with it. There is a restaurant, The Serendipity, located a 5 min walk away. It's a charming atmosphere, but slightly pricey. The B&B has a cozy guest living/dining room with a wood burning stove, tons of videos and DVD's to take back to your room, and lots of books. Each room has satellite tv and dvd/vcr. The room we stayed in also had a jacuzzi bath and sweet little sitting area with view of harbour. The only downside would be the trains that go through, but I remember hearing only 2. They are quite noisy though, but ear plugs are provided if they are too disturbing for you. Can't wait to go back in the summer!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This could be a charming place except...
The owner claimed on the phone that it was pet friendly on the phone, but arriving after 9 hours on the road, were told that they only have 1 room that was pet friendly, and our's wasn't it. (We had made the reservation for that particular room 1 month prior to arriving). Our dog spent the night in the van, 5 metres from the railway track, in the parking lot. We didn't realize it was that close.
I thought it was quaint when I saw a basket of ear plugs on the check in desk, thinking they were trying to protect the spouses of snoring partners, but 15 minutes after 11 pm, just as I was drifting off, the first train came through,(I thought it was coming throught the bedroom). They continued every 1/2 to 45 minutes throughout the night. I paid $110 for a terrible night's sleep and a huge bowl of oatmeal with fruit. Sorry but a B+B should not be located next to a high traffic railway track. Location, location, location.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vonnie3314
willowsinn, Owner at The Willows Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2011

It is unfortunate that this guest did not like Rossport. Being a rossport business owner, we all want our visitors' stay to be relaxing and enjoyable. Yes, Rossport & the whole north shore of Lake Superior does have a rail line, this is part of our heritage. There is a train probably every four to six hours, but, the duration time is only a couple of minutes. When this guest reserved a room, I told her that I only had one room that was pet friendly & unfortunately it was already reserved. The good news is as a result of this incident I now have "pet free accommodations".

Reviewed August 18, 2010

I'd love to give this place a total thumbs up. Those trains did bother me a bit. I think they calmed down after about 11pm, or else I just slept through others. The place is charming, immaculate and I wish we had known to let them know 24 hrs in advance that we wanted to have dinner there also. Breakfast was wonderful! Nothing to do about those trains... I'd stay there again, anyway.

Reviewed July 23, 2010

Not realizing the speed limit, road construction, and that the car would be unloaded and searched at the border, we were much later reaching The Willows than we anticipated, but our gracious host, Dawn, had prepped the dinner we had ordered prior to our arrival, and she was ready to get us settled in our room, before dashing off to complete our evening meal. And what a meal it was! A wonderful fresh garden salad, split pea and butternut squash soup, followed by the highlight....spaghetti with garlic prawns and spaghetti with meatballs! The meal hit the spot after a long day in the car. Then, sitting out on the deck, looking over the water, was the perfect end to our first day in Canada! Peaceful, restful, almost as if we were going back in time! Wonderful!! The hearty breakfast was a great start to another long travel day.......and it was delicious! Thanks, Dawn, for making us feel so at home and welcome, and stuffing us with wonderful food for the short time we were there! Highly recommend eating dinner at The Willows if you plan to stay the night! Thanks again for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple