“Another great getaway at Jabberwock!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jabberwock Guesthouse
Jabberwock Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Rockwood B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Another great getaway at Jabberwock!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Thank you for another wonderful stay at Jabberwock last weekend. I've been coming here for many years and for me it's the perfect getaway...easy to get to from midtown Toronto, serene forest setting, modern, spacious, comfortable rooms, privacy, great hospitality by Linda and Danny, super breakfast, and the price is right. Last weekend I was there for a girls' getaway, but it's also been an ideal place for my husband and me to celebrate our anniversary or Valentine's Day. Always a pleasure to enjoy a glass of wine on the deck, swim in the pool and relax in the hot tub after a great dinner in one of the nearby towns. I'm already planning my next Jabberwock getaway!

Room Tip: Each room has its advantages. Zen is the most spacious and private, French Country has the best acce...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Mississauga, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We just got back from our 1 night stay at the Jabberwock Guesthouse and I am beyond sad that we had to leave.
Thank you Linda! She is an amazing host, she modern, relaxed and incredibly friendly. My husband and I were looking for a place to celebrate our anniversary. We are in our 30's and we have 2 small children so we were looking for a place that wasn't too far away from home incase the kids didn't do well with the sitter. However we didn't just want the same old hotel scene....or one of those B & B's where it looks like your at Grandma's house.

I found Jabberwock Guesthouse to be the most perfect getaway for couples of any age. When we arrived we were given the tour by Linda. We picked the room that has the shower & Tub. There is a DVD player that didn't work well, however Bell Direct TV, big screen and the room was modern, clean and the bed was King Sized.

We had a walk out to the deck which was beautiful! It was relaxing and peaceful. We used the Salt Water Pool which is heated. My husband jumped right in and I took some time to skim the water and clean some of the fallen leaves..etc..first..then I thought maybe just a dip...well I didn't get out for almost 3 hours! It was beautiful!! We didn't want to get out. We could hear the most amazing birds chirping, all this forrest behind us....so lovely. We then used the Hot Tub outside and it was also just as wonderful. So quiet, no traffic, cars....people...Its just wonderful.

We took up the recommendation to hit the local restaurant in Rockwood called Heaven on 7. However next time we plan on staying we will do some groceries as they have a full kitchen that is available for the guests. There is also a BBQ on the Deck. It really is home away from home.

They have a big living room space where you can sit, read and relax. This would be a perfect place for a retreat, couples getaway...or just a night for your anniversary.

The beds were comfortable, and we felt we had the same privacy as though being in a hotel.
Breakfast: This was amazing. We had a spectacular coffee, accompanied by a delicious breakfast. This is not your bacon & egg type of place. We had Fresh Baked Muffin's, Glazed Pinapple with yogurt and fresh fruit. It was amazing. Then we had French Toast made with Grand Marnier and Orange Zest. It was really good. It was filling and delicious. Our check out time was 11 am. I was still able to kick back on the deck and read a book before we left. The price was phenomenol and we couldn't have asked for a better time.
I Highly recommend this place if your looking for something different then a hotel.

Room Tip: The room with the shower is the biggest room, the entrance to the room is right beside the door to e...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mariposa157
ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We are just back from a two day stay, and I must say we are both very disappointed. It is an adequate B and B but not luxurious. Danny greated us and showed us around, he had wine chilling for us we bought the Bliss package ($900.00 for two nights we got a dea for 360.00). The wine glasses did not match, the cutlery was mis matched and the choc covered strawberries were tastey but very messy looking. The cheese and cracker tray had no rice crackers only wheat (which is a problem if you are a celiac like I am and we had mentioned it twice upon booking and confirming) (which lead me to question how safe my breakfast would be.... Linda did a good job on this.) There was a lovely bar and sitting area that was all our own. The problems with that were the fire place was under construction, plywood, chicken wire and stones ( an unsightly focal point) They also have a cat with all its claws. The furniture,carpets and throw pillows all had obvious signs that the cat used them for a scratching post. How hard would it be to cut off the loose threads from the furniture and cushions? The floor need vacuming and there was dust on the armoire and clock. The sink in the second bathroom doesn't drain and there are burnt out light bulbs. The silver service that was displayed on the dinning table needed both dusting and polishing. I know I sound very critical but if you are paying hundreds for a get away there should be alot more attention to detail. Bed wasn't made up, dirty dishes and wine glasses weren't taken away or garbage cleaned from our first night. The alarm clock in the room was set to go off at 3:30 am we never thought to check it as this was un upscale B and B. The curtains in the bed room were attatched with safety pins.
The people are nice enough but an over all disappointing visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Thank you Linda and Danny for a wonderful stay in your lovely B&B.....My best friend and I just needed to get away to catch up without the usual interruptions at home......what a perfect place to do so....from the moment we arrived we were greeted by Linda who immediately made us feel welcome. After settling into our room (French Country Room) we immediately set out to enjoy the fabulous pool, weather and outdoor landscape. The property and all common areas are meticulously maintained and decorated to make one feel like they are in Europe! Breakfast was outstanding....from the warm corn cheddar muffins to the Grand Marinier pancakes and Costa Rican coffee.....what more can you ask for? Would highly recommend this location to anyone wanting a little slice of tranquility.

Room Tip: The French Country Room has sliding doors directly onto the back deck.....great access to the pool.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

Wow, where do I even begin? My boyfriend and I went to Jabberwock for a nice romantic getaway and couldn't have asked for a better place! Linda and Danny were so friendly and made you feel comfortable the moment you showed up. It was an amazing atmosphere; so amazing that I no longer have a boyfriend but a finance because the second night there my best friend proposed to me....and I said YES!

We stayed in the Mediterranean Room which was both clean and welcoming. The breakfast was absolutely delicious and left you full at the end of the meal. There is great indoor and ourdoor luxuries to take advantage of including and not limited to the pool, hot tub and deck space to relax on. I would recommend this spot to anyone who is looking for a relaxing getaway, you could not pick a better spot than Jabberwock!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Heemstede
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

We've stayed for two nights with Dan and Linda and, although the weather was'nt too good,
We had a perfect stay. They are very friendly and helpfull. Their breakfast is awesome and the rooms are very tastefully decorated.

Room Tip: go for the Zen room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Jabberwock B&B, we stayed in the Zen room which was gorgeous! Very spacious, modern, and romantic. Breakfast was delicious, there was so much to choose from! Linda was a great hostess, and she made our time very enjoyable.
The hot tub is great at night!
I highly recommend this b&b, as we are planning to go back in the future! :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockwood
Millcroft Inn & Spa
Millcroft Inn & Spa
#1 of 1 in Alton
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milton Ontario
Stone Edge Estate Bed & Breakfast
Forks of the Credit Inn
Forks of the Credit Inn
#2 of 6 in Caledon

Been to Jabberwock Guesthouse? Share your experiences!