“Blue Moon Retreat - Great Place to Experience”
Review of Blue Moon Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Purdy
Blue Moon Retreat
Mississauga, Canada
“Blue Moon Retreat - Great Place to Experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I recently stayed at one of the chalets at Blue Moon Retreat (Shangri La), and I have to say it was fantastic. I felt as if I was at home. The chalet was clean, up to date, and most of all affordable. The view to Purdy Lake was beautiful. I highly suggest this resort to couples, families and friends.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bowmanville, Canada
Reviewed January 20, 2011

Each year since 2007 a group of friends from highschool head to the blue moon retreat for a weekend away from family and work obligations to a weekend of old friends, relaxation and lots of laughs.

The Blue Moon Retreat is comfortable and cozy and there is so much room for all of us to kick back and relax.

They Retreat has everything you need on site so it really cuts down the need to pack so much stuff.

Each year I contact Juia and she puts our plans in motion. Thank you to Pat, Fran and Julia for everything - 5 years this year - and we keep coming back.

On a special note - Thank you for your support in June with our fight to make Cancer History!! Much appreciated!!!

I am sorry I couldn't attach a picture, just moved them to an external hard drive and need to pick out some.. I will attach some soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We loved our stay at Blue Moon Retreat!! The cottage was very spacious and extremely clean!! We loved the ammenities especially the hot tub!! We enjoyed a nice hike on a snowy day complete with a walk on the lake and some sledding! We really liked coming home to a nice hot tub to relax the sore muscles. We had a great time and loved the fact that we could enjoy it all with our dog!!
Thanks for a great weekend!!

Mike, Larysa and Carter

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed October 5, 2010

The cottage was spotless, well appointed with modern appliances and TV and complemented with a rustic and natural decor. The resort owner's obviously take great pride in delivering a quality stay for guests. The cottage was feet from the water and the view from the cottage and deck of the lake is great. It was our second one week stay and we enjoyed it as much as the first stay. One can enjoy the lake with the complimentary canoes, kayaks and rowboats or just kick back and relax. The setting is natural and great for those that want to appreciate nature but have all the comforts of home. Good spot for families or couples as cottages are all unique and have privacy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2010

We have had several vacations at Blue Moon and keep going back with our family and grandchildren or just my husband and myself. Usually we rent the Shangri-la or Chalet as our 'grand-dog' is welcome at either. The cottages are immaculate and spacious, the beds really comfortable, and everything you need is provided. The kids loved playing on the "water park" equipment, everybody loved early morning and evening fishing. Lots to do - kayaking, canoeing, games nights on the big screen TV, golfing at Wolf Ridge, touring and shopping at Madonna House, along with trips to Barries'Bay for coffee at the Bay Cafe, donuts at the Bakery or ice cream along the way at Combermere. Add to that reasonable access to Algonquin Park for hikes and bike rides.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Ottawa
Reviewed September 27, 2010

My brother held his wedding at this resort, our family booked the WHOLE place ! My brother arrived on Friday to start getting ready and Pat told him " I wish I never booked this for you", nice way to start your wedding weekend. There was only about 35 of us and we were in a tent that had been set up. The noise could not be heard at the "High Noon" cottage, so I pretty sure no one else along the highway could hear us! Pat show up at 1pm threatening to evict everyone if we didn't stop the music and shut it down. That is why we booked everything in the middle of nowhere, so we wouldn't disturb anyone. I have read the other comments here about Pat and believe me they are all true! So unprofessional, so rude, don't ever give this guy your business. The cottages are nice, but you can find this somewhere else. I will let everyone I know never to go there, Pat doesn't deserve anyones business again! He knew this was a wedding, no one was out of hand, everyone was in the tent having fun! You don't get in the face of people and start yelling at them that you are going to call the police and evict everyone at 1am in the morning! Most of the guest were in their 30's and older, professionals, who were just having a good time celebrating a wedding. Pat, you should be ashamed of yourself.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
10 Thank susanl_carkner
Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2010

I have been coming to Lake Purdy since I was little, 54 years to be exact. Purdy Cottages have undergone numerous changes over the years. I can remember being brought a block of ice for our frige and lantern fuel for our lights. Hydro and indoor plumbing were non-existent. But as a boy, I always had great memories of fishing and good times with my family. As time went on, luxuries started to come...jacuzzi's, tennis courts, kayaks, lake toys, plasma tv's and more. It really has evolved into a beautiful resort. Now, my children enjoy the cottages just as much as I do. Pat Hickey, the owner, has done a fabulous job of bringing these cottages up to modern standards. He has always been friendly, curtious and helpful to us during our stay. I have always enjoyed my time at Blue Moon Retreat and I plan to make many more memories in the years ahead. I would highly recommend this get away resort to anyone. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Purdy
Footprints Resort
#3 of 8 in Barry's Bay
Hush Lodge & Cottages
Hush Lodge & Cottages
#2 of 8 in Barry's Bay

Been to Blue Moon Retreat? Share your experiences!