“A fairy tale hideaway”

Plantation House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 10 Port Hope B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Such a beautiful place to escape from everyday life! The grounds are breathtaking, and the inside is done up so nicely. I tend to associate awkward antiquity (you know when there seems to be random antiques everywhere but nothing seems to flow together?) and floral wallpaper with bed and breakfasts but there was none of that here, just lovely, understated furniture (Spanish design) with calm/warm colours. Also, the breakfast was amazing, and displayed so lovely.
Oh, and the bed... So comfy! Everything was just perfect.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank LeahEB

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband and I just spent the night at the Plantation House B & B this weekend. What a beautiful spot to relax and recharge! The property is like a nature retreat with gardens, fountains, and a walking trail that leads to a pond. The bedroom we stayed in was a luxurious retreat featuring a gorgeous king size sleigh bed with dreamy sheets, comfy robes, and lovely decor accents. Breakfast was delicious and featured yogurt with fresh fruit and local maple syrup, and possibly the best grilled salmon and spinach dish ever! Our room did not have an ensuite, but the washroom we had exclusive access to was like a beautiful spa. I am planning to return to the Plantation House in the summer to take advantage of a theatre and overnight accommodation package that is being offered.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My wife and I spent a wonderful weekend with Rose at Plantation House recently. We originally stumbled across this gem while looking for a B&B to stay at while attend a freinds wedding 6 years ago. We fell so much in love with it, we chose to have our wedding there in the fall of 2007, scrapping our original plan of a beach in Hawaii. It has remained one of our favorite places in earth and brings back such wonderful memories of our wedding day, in the pouring rain, surrounded by our closest friends and family!!

As always, Rose was a gracious host proving the most wonderful breakfasts and the best coffee this side Maui.

Thanks Rose!!

Room Tip: We prefer the queen room with the adjoining bath.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
onlythebest_10, Owner at Plantation House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2016

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are pleased that you departed with positive memories and we look forward to your return to Plantation House in Port Hope. With our sincere appreciation of your business.
Wishing you both all good things

Regards, Rose

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Just returned from a wonderful night away at the Plantation House, Rose the owner was so welcoming when we arrived, sat down to a beautiful tea with salad,sandwiches and desert, spent a quiet evening in the common room with another couple staying for the night. The morning brought an amazing breakfast with waffles, fruit, salad,salmon, very delicious. We highly recommend the Plantation House for a night away and Rose was amazing.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2012

My fiance and I booked a room at the Plantation House B&B for a night this past weekend to celebrate his birthday and Valentine's Day together. We have a 6 year old and a 4 month old and this was the first time we have gotten away just us since our youngest daugher was born. I was a bit hesitant about leaving, especially my youngest daughter, my children with Grandma and going away just my fiance and I but when we arrived Rose (owner of Plantation House) was so welcoming and friendly I soon relaxed. The landscapes of Plantation House even in the winter were so tranquil, peaceful and beautiful... like another world completely. We even awoke in the morning to see deer prints in the snow out our window. Breakfast was 4 courses of heavenly delish! Loved my stay here so much we intend to go back every 6 months or so and are now planning to have our wedding here. We have been searching for the perfect venue and both immediately agreed that Plantation House is it! There is nowhere we would rather be joined in matramony than Plantation House. Thank you so much Rose for making this weekend getaway so special! Jen & Bryan <3

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The Plantation House B&B hosted a small wedding at the Plantation House. The location was stunning and Rose (the owner) bent over backwards to help us. I couldn't have asked for a better location and would recommend the location to anyone. Rose and I worked out most of the details ahead of time but when there was a glitch in my schedule, she changed her schedule to make sure she was available to receive my cake and flowers. I booked all three rooms for the night before and after the wedding, which made timing a breeze. Overall, Rose was a major help in making our special day romantic and stress-free.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzanne F
onlythebest_10, Owner at Plantation House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2011

You are amazing and beautiful inside and out. You are definately the bride of 2011. You were so deserving to have all the attention on your special day. We were very delighted and honoured that Plantation House was chosen to celebrate your beautiful and intimate wedding.
Have a happy, happy life
Best wishes to you both...........Warm regards, Rose

Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the plantation house the night of our wedding (we aren't going for a honeymoon until Nov.) and were thrilled by all the little touches..candles burning and ice cold water waiting for us even though it was 1 am when we arrived! The sheets were unreal (I'm buying a set for home!) and the bed was so comfortable!
Breakfast was beautiful and delicious and Rose was so wonderful.
We loved our stay and will absolutely be back!

• Stayed: August 2011
onlythebest_10, Owner at Plantation House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear Newly Weds, thank you so much for your great review. It is important to us that each guest has a wonderful experience as you expressed in your review.
Oh yes, the sheets and beds at Plantation House are amazing, taking sleeping time to a whole new level. Only the best for our guests!
Best wishes for all things good.

See you both on your 1st anniversary.........Rose

#1 of 7 in Cobourg
No photo provided
Budget Inn
#1 of 2 in Port Hope

Been to Plantation House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!