All reviews room was clean nice stay two double beds tim microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed November 22, 2018

Paid full rate for a sub-standard room. Recent stay at this location was anything but "comfortable" . Issue was heating unit. Room temperature was 65 F when we arrived. We set the wall control to 72F and went out. Came back to find the actual temp had gone up 1 degree to 66F. So we adjusted the control to max heat (where it stayed all night) but the room temp never went above 66F. Other negatives: caulking around tub peeling, paint on bathroom ceiling also peeling. THIS PROPERTY SCREAMS OF POOR MANAGEMENT AND IS A LIABILITY TO CHOICE HOTELS BRAND. Reception desk staff "very sorry' about the heating problem. Sounds like they've heard it all.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 6, 2018

Hotel is need of a refit, rooms are very dated. No hot water for shower in the morning at 5:50am. Wallpaper peeling from walls and grout on bathroom floor discoloured. will not stay at this hotel again unless it has been refitted

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

If given a choice - stay elsewhere. While the breakfast was good and the front desk girl was pleasant, the room itself was quite bad.
There was an awful smell that hit us as soon as we opened the door. (You can overlook stains on the carpet and furniture but a horrible smell is hard to “overlook”)
The bed was uncomfortable, with springs sticking into our backs and ribs the entire night.
Location was convenient (right off 401) with Tim Hortons and gas station directly across the street (Lots of restaurants all within 1.5km range)
Easy Access to 401 West (Toronto) from hotel - but please note that you have to do some jerking around to access the 401 East (Kingston)

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2018

My husband and I checked in on Sat. We were given the last room available. This room cost $250. As it was a suite.we were thrilled at first because the room was so large. However, I wanted to use the fridge and realized it was so dirty. Plus all around the fridge was dirt. I phoned front desk and they immediately came to clean it. However after I realized that the telephone lamp and table also had not been cleaned.so I complained again and I was offered clorox wipes. So I had to wipe down the room myself.no one offered a reduction in rate. I spoke to 3 different people, and finally I was offered 20% off.we had asked to speak to a Manager.there didn't appear to be one.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

It’s been awhile since I paid that much for such a discusting hotel room. We’ve been around and had our share of questionnable motel rooms. But this time around, the Comfort Inn in Port Hope was such a disappointment. Dirty stained carpet. Little black hairs stuck everywhere in the bathroom. I stopped looking, I had to sleep there. Turned out I wasn’t going to sleep either because young women spent the night screaming and running in the hotel. We had reservations for 2 nights but left after that first and last night.

Date of stay: August 2018