All reviews room was clean off the highway truck stop scrambled eggs and sausage nice stay only negative thing decent breakfast mini fridge and microwave a king jacuzzi suite short drive morning breakfast attending a wedding main floor tim inns ontario quebec
Reviewed November 27, 2017

While you don't have too many options in Port Hope, I thought I would leave this review anyway so that you know what to expect from this Comfort Inn. This reflects my experiences after a three night stay at the hotel.

The good points:

- The amenities are nice. Breakfast had several options including a waffle maker, eggs, and sausage. The wifi is hassle-free and worked perfectly. There's a small fitness room available. And there's plenty of parking.

- The rooms were nice, furnished suites complete with a mini fridge and microwave.

The bad points:

- Like I said, there isn't really any competition in Port Hope - and the staff knows it. We were neither greeted upon check-in nor were we asked how our stay was at checkout. If I had been asked, I would have recommended that the next time they host an entire traveling youth hockey team they kindly inform the team that they are in fact not the only guests in the hotel. This was the most obnoxious behavior I have ever witnessed by hotel guests in my life - large groups of kids playing hockey in the hallway, and adults doing nothing to rein them in - noise that went on continually into the late hours of the night. I actually had to leave my room after midnight to interrupt a group of adults which were seated in a circle having a loud conference in the hallway. Note that I'm not lowering my score because of this though since it wasn't technically the hotel's fault.

- The location near a busy highway and truck stop mean constant road noise at night, so be sure to bring your earplugs.

- At least one side entrance card-reader does not work at all, so I found myself walking all the way around to the front entrance many times when the non-working side entrance would have been closer (most of the parking is not near the front entrance).

So all in all, this place gets the job done for a reasonable price. Just don't expect to be overly impressed.

Reviewed November 22, 2017 via mobile

We stay a many Comfort Inn hotels but this was one of the worse ones I have ever stayed at. We walked in the room and I immediately killed two bugs in the bathroom. The bed was old and very uncomfortable. I was up all night. The room (128) smelled of cigarette smoke even though it was designated as a smoke free room. I was too tired from driving to make a fuss since my husband had checked us in and we were in and out because we wanted to get dinner right after checking in. I would not stay here again. The rooms definitely need a facelift, especially the bathroom where the heat vents looked like they were rotting out.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We needed ground floor, needed to be able to park close to the room, wanted quiet and we arrived later on but they were able to accomodate with no problem. Breakfast was excellent. Room was clean and nice.

Reviewed November 17, 2017

This hotel is handy, right off the 401, right beside some fast food options (Tims, Swiss Chalet, Harveys and Subway), and only 5 minutes drive from some great restaurants in downtown Port Hope. We stayed here several years ago and quite enjoyed our stay but noticed the bathrooms looking quite dingy and dated this time around. The bed was quite comfortable and the hotel was quiet despite a hockey team at the Inn, and breakfast (includes) was satisfactory enough. Prices were also ok compared to others in the area. Hopefully a refresh will be happening soon!

Reviewed November 16, 2017

The bathroom tap in tub dripped all night.Our AC didn't work and when i called down they told us to open window the list goes on.Tried contacting management.Left messages and nobody will call me back.And they said they where booked and didn't have another room for us.Meanwhile i booked this a month in advance

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family