“Great place to stay on the way to Toronto”

Comfort Inn Port Hope
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Port Hope
ottawa
“Great place to stay on the way to Toronto”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We prefer to be rested before arriving to the Greater Toronto Area.
This is our second stay at this hotel: despite being close to the Highway 401 it is quiet. After arriving if you don't want to drive you are walking distance to two places to have a casual meal. (Harvey's & Tim Horton). Also for a nature walk it is close to a conservation area also a short drive away to downtown Port Hope.
We were very happy with our room and believe we got excellent value for our money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Several of us had a wedding to attend and was told this hotel was giving a decent rate. We had two rooms on the 3 rd. Floor. Rooms 331 & 333. When we got off the elevator the halls were very hot. We entered our room and immediately turned on the AC. after 2 hours it was still hot, I called the front desk and the person came up and said the AC was working that it would take more time to cool off. After another hour I called down again and asked for another room. I was told I could have another room but that it would take even longer to cool down ,the desk clerk then offered me a fan.I guess two fans blowing the hot air around the room is better than one.The jacuzzi had black mold growing around the air adjustment port. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone! It is dirty and hot, and the staff was not helpful.Over priced even with the wedding discount.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank willbaillargeon1231

Travelers are raving about these Port Hope hotels

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I recently checked into this hotel not really by choice but by reasons for work. when I am travelling for work I am usually on the road for a week, so at night I like to watch tv shows on my laptop, I stream tv shows not movies and I do not download any movies etc, when I went on to sites like project free tv etc the internet from the hotel blocked the websites. I have stayed at pretty much every choice hotel in Ontario and this is the first time I have ever encountered this kind of control. whats next I don't know but I don't like it. as for the room nothing special as other reviews dated dirty carpet and older furniture. not like the pictures, I guess if they can Photoshop models they can Photoshop hotel rooms too. I don't think I would stay here again. I have looked at the ratings on Choicehotels.com and this hotel is rated 4 stars what has happened to real ratings this hotel is in no way 4 stars. the front desk staff were very nice so no complaint there.
my advice is when you see no response from the owners or managers of the hotel in any of the complaints you can see they don't care. I have made complaints before and had managers get in touch with me to try to resolve or apologize for problems with my stay.

Room Tip: not the first floor, smoking rooms and the smell is strong. not sure about upper floors I know at mo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Stewart M
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed over for a night. Seemed decent enough very clean taken care of. The Building is old the beds are hard the pillows are small and not compfy almost like airplane pillows lol! Forget ordering food after 11 am small town, ..breakfast was pretty good lots of choice clean and replenished often. This place is ok for a one/two nights stay while in the road not for a long term stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TheDeviatingBlonde
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed March 16, 2014

It is right off the highway and easy to locate. The hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff are very friendly and will try to do whatever they can assist you.

The room was comfortable with the usual basic furniture that you would expect in a Comfort Inn. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank luv2travel9999
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I had to stop on my way home from Montreal as I was tired so figured I would get a hotel for the night and this hotel was at the exit I got off. Keira was great and so helpful, I really appreciate her help in swiftly and efficiently checking me in. Great service at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Jendar1979
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our arrival made us almost want to turn around and leave, Upon opening the front door we encountered a wall of smoke in the reception that left us grave doubts if we were going to even be able to eat breakfast there the next morning. There smoking section is on the first floor right by the breakfast room. However we checked in and our third floor room was fresh smelling and clean, if a little over perfumed. The third floor hallway smells like new, so I assume that they are doing some upgrades. We spent a good night and were presently surprised to not find a cloud of smoke in the reception the next morning. It seems that the afternoon clerk in the office may have been adding her own smoke to the mix the previous night. Still, although it is a nice place, if you are sensitive to smoke, you may wish to go elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Plantation House Bed and Breakfast
The Waddell
The Waddell
#5 of 10 in Port Hope

Been to Comfort Inn Port Hope? Share your experiences!