“there now”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Port Hope
nova scotia
“there now”
Reviewed November 15, 2008

Just staying here right now and gotta say, i know what the deal is with the pillows!! There are like sleeping on dense bricks of foam!. I am sure I will wake with a headache.

Other than that....not too bad. A bit older and worn but really just fine. all furnishings match and the room is very clean. Having huge problems with the net though and i know its not my computer cause when i go to find a hot spot i can hook up fine everytime. the prob i'm having is only with hotmail, live messenger and a few others. very odd but for me, very important. real let down.

All in all, if net isnt super important, and if ya bring your own pillow, your good to go.

• Liked — price and fitness centre although it was just cardio
  • Disliked — internet and pillows
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Carrying Place
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I booked the hotel room for a 1 night get away for me and my fiance, we were in Cobourg for his sons hockey tournament. I was looking for a hotel that had a 2 person whirlpool tub so I got online and came up with the Compfort Inn in Port Hope.

Upon checking in I inquired about wine glasses or champane flutes being brought to my room, the attendent told me she would
" look around" and then left me waiting at the front desk for 15 minutes only to tell me that they used to have them, but didn't anymore.

After leaving to attend the last hockey game, we got back to the hotel at 8:30pm ready for a relaxing night, However, I had to clean the whirlpool as it looked as if no one had using the supplied bar of soap. There was no type of bubble bath, in short the whirlpool experience wasn't great. We didn't end up in it until 9:30pm.

I am a Health and Safety Coordinator for a Manufacturing plant. When I walked into the bathroom in my hotel room (room 127) I noticed what looked like blood stains on the walls and also stains on the baige blanket that I choose not to sleep with.

The room should be updated and cleaned for the amount of monies charged.

I would have told your employee at the front desk when I was checking out but she didn't even ask how my stay was only handed me my receipt.

Your signs in the bathroom that say "if you forgot something at home, we may have it" well you didn't and for the steep price of $180.00 a night in a room with a 2 person whirlpool one would think that the hotel would at least carry wine glasses as they don't pack well.

I was not impressed with the room, the service and my relaxing getaway turned out to be the same as if I were home, I would have had to clean the tub.

A. Campbell

• Liked — The thought of it
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Campbell81

Travelers are raving about these Port Hope hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2008

Okay place,nice and clean, your basic stopover hotel. Only one problem. The pillows are terrible. We both awoke with headaches during the night. I slept better when I rolled up my winter jacket. The pillows are very very bad.
Oh yeah, their toaster is slow as can be. 10 min to toast a piece of bread. GET a new toaster. They cost 50 bucks. I hope this review gets that improved.

• Liked — location off the 401
  • Disliked — Pillows Pillows Pillows Pillows very very very bad!!!
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cardiff, Wales
Reviewed January 6, 2007

After driving for some from Toronto towards Ottawa, we just had to stop, and the Comfort Inn, Port Hope, was it. It wasn't planned, just a necessity. Fortunately they had plenty of rooms available. The lady on reception was extremely kind and polite.

The room was of an average size, with two double beds, a large TV, and a desk for working. The bathroom was small, but had everything in it - bathtub, shower over bath and a nice clean sink in a vanity unit. A built in hairdresser was supplied, along with some pretty decent mini toiletries.

Overall the hotel and our room is spotlessly clean. I was impressed with that.

In the morning, a continental-style breakfast was on offer in the lobby area. It consisted of bagels, pastries, toast, boiled eggs, and fruit platter. There was a selection of coffee, orange juice and passion fruit juice too. My only gripe with the breakfast is quite a personal thing - I don't like using plastic cutlery nor styrofoam dinnerware. I understand the practicalities, but I'm still not a fan.

Checking out was easy. This time another lady on reception was very kind and helpful.

Overall, we were delighted to have come across this little gem so late at night, and particularly their welcoming nature and good service. This is why I'm giving such a high rating. It was a real life saver at that point because we were tired and really needed somewhere. I'm in no way recommending it as a holiday destination!!

• Liked — Availibility at a late hour, service, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Plastic cutlery and polystyrene dishes are a no no for me
  • Tips/Secrets — It's always worth planning ahead with these places as they often have offers available, so barter!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pilipala9
Ontario
Reviewed September 24, 2006

We had to be in Peterborough the next morning and we couldn't get a room there as they were all booked due to the plowing match. So, we took the last room in the place. It happened to be the honeymoon suite with a 2 person whirlpool heart shaped tub(burgandy). They gave it to us at $149. I am sure in it's day it was a great room but it was old & worn looking. The hotel itself is about 15 years old, and they have done little but change the bedspreads & window coverings.

The furniture didn't match, and there were stains on the carpet, and ground-in dirt around all the baseboards. The shower had mold residue on the calking, and just looked worn too. The counter top had a cigarette burn mark on it. The fireplace didn't work, and the TV was cheap so it had a bad picture and poor sound.

That said, it was a huge room with a king bed, comfy pillows, pull out couch, coffee table & work station. You could tell the bed spread was new, as were the curtains on the windows that opened for fresh air. We did use the whirlpool so it was nice, but just really outdated looking.

There was a gas station, Tim Horton's, Swiss Chalet, and Harvey's all within walking distance, so it was a very convienent location.
If it had of been my honeymoon or a special occassion I would of been VERY disappointed, but since we were just flying by it worked out great for us. I would stay here again just because it is a convienent area, and not many choices in Port Hope.

• Liked — Location to our morning destination
  • Disliked — old looking and a bit run down
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
Best Western Plus Bowmanville
The Cedarview Motel
The Cedarview Motel
#4 of 6 in Cobourg

Been to Comfort Inn Port Hope? Share your experiences!