“Crazy Cookies!”

Dreamers Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Port Hope
Cuisines: Canadian
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Roger has found a gold mine in his Crazy Cookies and rightly so as they are very good. They go well with any of the coffees he serves. The atmosphere in Dreamers is very nice, open, and bright. Nice place to sit and have a coffee and talk.

1  Thank ParisSurprise
There are newer reviews for Dreamers Cafe

Reviewed August 26, 2012

This place lacks atmosphere for sure and it really needs a complete overhaul including the owner’s attitude. The Crazy cookies are so sickly sweet that they give you an instant headache, so don’t bother. The lattes were average and served with ridiculously hot milk which made them impossible to drink without the addition of cold milk—and lots of it.

1  Thank Deanna H
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Everyone loves the specially baked cookies, the great coffee and the relaxed atmosphere. I enjoyed listening to live music the last visit.

1  Thank Tuffyspot
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I recently found myself in the charming town of Port Hope, Ontario, just off the main highway 401. I decided to have a bite to eat after browsing the shops on the main street and ended up at Dreamers cafe. I was a bit put off at first with what appeared to be homeless people lounging on the patio but I chose to ignore them and head inside. The decor was uninspiring and not terribly clean.
I asked the counterperson if the baked goods were made in house and I was told "I think so". I ordered a latte and thought about getting a muffin until I saw the box they came out of. They were clearly not made "in house". I decided to have "A CRAZY COOKIE". Apparently they are famous....I'm not sure why. It was ok, incredibly sweet mix of chocolate and caramel but definately not my style. The coffee was just ok.
Based on other cafes I have been to, I expected alot more, especially at those prices. I would not go back.

7  Thank Pearl657
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Crazy cookies were awesome! We like to visit local bakeries and try out the specialties the are well known for. It always makes the drive worthwhile, knowing that you can't get these anywhere else.

1  Thank Gail D