“Truly deserves to be ranked as one of the best Fish and Chips”

Lord Elgin Fish & Chips
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Lord Elgin Fish & Chips is a family owned business that opened in Port Elgin in 1980. In March 2013 we were voted as 2nd best fish & chips in Canada, by Canadian Living Magazine. We specialize in hand cut halibut and fresh cut fries, or all you can eat haddock Mondays and Tuesdays.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The service, atmosphere, food, and value were all exceptional. I have never tasted fish as good as what we were served. We went on an all you can eat night. They bring your seconds quickly and with a smile. There was quite a line-up when we walked in but everyone was seated quickly and efficiently. We live three hours away but will likely make our way back this way so we can visit again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A favourite of tourists and locals alike. Great fish and chips, always! A family run business, always fast friendly service. Great place to take fish and chip lovers when they are visiting, promise to be one of the highlights of their visit!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The service is prompt and the staff is very friendly. The food is excellent, they offer fresh fish in a light batter they prepare themselves. During the summer months they offer all-you-can eat fish and chips on Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays at lunch or dinner at very reasonable prices.
The location is great with lots of parking. The decor is very attractive and clean.
I have been there a few times and enjoyed the food every time.
I highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I typically only eat fish I catch but while on work trip clients took me here and I am glad they did! I tried the Halibut special and it was the best battered fish I have ever had. I returned a few weeks later and tried the cod and it was just as good. Prices are very reasonable and service was good.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have relatives who, when they visit, insist on a trip to the Lord Elgin just for the halibut. Even though we must travel a fair distance for this treat it is well worth the journey. The halibut is always served with a good portion of wonderful chips. The chowder is to our liking - as good or better than any we had in Boston and at a third the price - and the service is always provided with a smile. Highly recommended!