“Pretty good place to eat at”
Review of Burger Trail Drive-In - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Burger Trail Drive-In
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Somewhat of a wait for your food(but taste makes up for it). Not a bad portion/value factor either. Licensed so you can have a beer(which most burger shops aren't). Very nice people! Just needs an updating on the interior.

There are newer reviews for Burger Trail Drive-In

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After reading the reviews from the” locals”, we tried this restaurant for lunch.

Got 2 burger combos ($7.99/ea). Burgers were the Costco frozen paw style on a dry, ...oversized bun. Fries were definitely frozen.

Asked for hot peppers on the burger ..they do not have any. (Fairly standard item for a burger?) She told me to use hot sauce. I noticed a sign that fried onions were $0.75 extra ????? Probably the only thing not from the freezer so they had to charge for them? Very limited selection of pop.

When I go to a family run restaurant I expect better than this. Home made hamburgers and fresh cut fries would be nice. The other review said it tasted home made??? Unless they live in a factory or a freezer?

It was edible but that is it. Mickey D's wins hands down over this place. Even Union Burger was better than this. It was not expensive by any means, ... but I still do not think we got our money’s worth!

I would think a restaurant called Burger Trail should have good burgers?

My advice is to choose another spot!

1  Thank MickFergus
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I asked for a banquet burger and recieved it for take out. When I opened it at home it had no lettuce or even tomatoes on it and the burger was very bland. Will not return there.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We live in Port Elgin and have no affiliation with the owners or this restaurant. But when out of curiosity, I was looking on Trip Advisor to see how Port Elgin restaurants were ranked, I was surprised to see very few reviews for Burger Trail.

This is fast food - don't get me wrong......but it will beat McDonald's, Union Burger or any of the chain restaurants. This is a family-owned burger spot with a few differences: one, it's licensed so you can have a beer or a cooler with your burger. Two, the menu includes a few surprises such as souvlaki and greek salad which are very good.

The service is always friendly and many locals swear by Burger Trail.

The interior is not fancy but it's clean and the food makes up for it. Onion rings are great, burgers are great - fish is good. We've never had a bad fast food meal here and will continue to support this local favourite with its friendly, cheerful owners.

Try it out!

2  Thank mortyatport
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We are regular visitors to this area, and find that the Burger Trail has above average fare for a 'fast food' counter-type restaurant. The food tastes homemade, and the prices are very reasonable. This place stands out from the other counter serve similar establishments in the general area. It's certainly not fancy, but clean and decent - a great family restaurant.

4  Thank royfleming