“A fun and different kind of dining!”

The Woodpecker Fresh Dining and Lounge
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Port Elgin
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Refined yet relaxed dining. Premium beers and wine. Starbuck's coffees and Tazo teas. Everything made on the premises. Two different menus. For lunch, enjoy specialty sandwiches or "build your own". Wonderful soups and desserts as well. For dinner, you will find sharing platters, delicious appetizers, and main courses such as fresh steaks, pastas, lobster tails and gourmet crocks. Outdoor patio (seasonal) and wonderful decor will complete your experience. Come for a fabulous meal or just to enjoy our beverages.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our family of four ate here on a recent vacation to Saugeen Shores. We picked the lunch menu because it seemed to offer some unique choices! I had the lobster sandwich (although it had a nice flavor with the chutney and capers, I think it was that fake crab meat), my husband had the pork sandwich, one daughter had a veggie sandwich and the other had the mozzarella, tomato and basil panini - we also tried the broccoli soup which everyone liked - the side of hummus was terrific!

If you like to try different things and don't mind smaller portions, this is a great place to visit! The second floor decor is really cozy - if it is a nice day, they have a great outdoor patio on the second floor! The prices are moderate and the service very good - will return again to decide on this one!

1  Thank Heidi Z

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful renovation done in the spring of 2014. Upscale decor, both inside and out. Portions are just right and the food had a lovely blend of flavors.

2  Thank Smithx2_11
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ordered the quiche which looked like a soufflé when I got it. I said maybe they had given me the wrong dish but no , people often said that. I found the price of the food very outrageous for what I got. The quiche was very small and tasteless accompanied with four slices of the thinnest pieces of pear. The surroundings were nice but I was not impressed with the food.

2  Thank froppel
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had lunch there with my husband, mother and 2 kids last week and it was truly delicious. The food was unique and the flavours were so nice and fresh. The variety on the menu was fantastic, it was hard to decide what to order. The service was wonderful and the wine selction was very good. We enjoyed the lunch so much, that my husband and I went there for dinner a few days later. AMAZING food again. We met the owners and they were just lovely and welcoming. I've been spending summers in the Port Elgin / Southampton area since I was a kid and these meals were the best I've had up there. I can't wait to go there again soon.

2  Thank Kate A
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Company from out of the country and we made reservations for the patio. Weather turned nasty late in the day and when we arrived we were thrilled to be seated upstairs at a beautiful table with a cozy , warm ambiance. Staff was extremely friendly , owner seated us and welcomed us to his restaurant. We all chose different selections from the menu and all were very pleased. Appetizers and main course very filling. Bring your appetite !!! Neat serving ideas with the crock style. A truly pleasant addition to the Beach life . Family owned and operated and extremely pleasant , helpful staff.. Will be back for sure to sit on the patio .