On vacation here from Alberta and enjoyed our stay in Port Elgin. Beautiful beach for kids to play and swim at. Stayed at Super 8 for a few reasons - able to book online, got a good deal because stayed 3 nights and they had a free breakfast which becomes really important when u are traveling with kids in order to save some money, time and grief.
Our room here was very basic but adequate. Had a 32" flat screen tv with VCR/DVD player which is nice for the
There were three things I did not like about our room or this hotel. First was the bathroom. It was a toilet and bathtub combo. The sink is outside bathroom. The bathroom was so small inside that I had to stand beside the toilet in order to shut the door and I am not a big person. There was also very little room by the sink to put out our toiletries. Having said this I know they have rooms here with regular bathrooms with the sink inside as that is what is pictured in one of the pictures here on tripadvisor and we saw a room with a bathroom like that walking down the hall that housekeeping was making up one morning. Second was the air conditioner - they do not have central air and air conditioner is on the wall. The first night it blew on my face all night long and I had a terrible headache in the am. The next two nights I had to switch beds. Third as rooms are non smoking people sit out in courtyard to smoke which is annoying for those non smokers that are trying to enjoy the outdoors but as well it leads to smoke ending up in your room if you have your patio door open and people are outside smoking so I wish they would have it non smoking in the courtyard area.
I would consider staying here again though in the future if we are back in the area and follows is my pros/cons list.
Clean - taps sparkle
Two pools one indoor and one outdoor
Easy to find
Across street (kiddy corner) from Tim Horton's
Microwave in room
Small Bar fridge in room
Good free breakfast with scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, waffles, dry cereal, oatmeal, bagels, bananas, juice, milk, yogurt etc.
Very small bathroom - hard to close door when u are in there.
Poor water pressure in shower
No sink in bathroom and sink that is outside it is very small. Hardly any area to put your toiletries.
People smoke in courtyard/outdoor pool area
Air conditioner on wall
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Pride of Super 8 is located close to the beautiful, sandy beaches of Lake Huron. Visit us in Port Elgin each year for our world-renowned Pumpkinfest. This special events weekend occurs the weekend prior to Thanksgiving. Our property is only a short drive to Bruce Power, excellent fishing, challenging golf courses, great snowmobile & cross-country ski trails, and the Bruce County Museum and Archives. From all of our local activities and highlights to our super staff and facilities, there are so many reasons to make the trip to Port Elgin, Ontario. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Super 8 Port Elgin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Port Elgin Hotel Port Elgin
- Super Eight Port Elgin
- Port Elgin Super Eight
- Port Elgin Super 8
- Super 8 Port Elgin Ontario